Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Well, my hubby starts work today...wish him luck. He is excited! I hope things go well for him, I talked to the supe he will be under and he seems a bit spacey. :lol:

He is in the kitchen getting his supper ready to take with him. The man amazes me, he brooms the house, does the dishes up after he cooks, cleans up after ME more than half the time, always helps with groceries, etc, etc. I told him this weekend, he wont want to clean any more on the house, since his job will be cleaning the school all day, he will be burnt out on it. :crying::crying::lol:

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my hubby starts work today...wish him luck. He is excited!

Good Luck!!

Let us know how it goes!! What did he bring for dinner??

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HI Guys :help:

I have been living in hell. I made the biggest mistake of my life, i have created my own hell. For those who remember me, I need your help, please. I'm so stressed out and don't know what else to do. Craig's been here for 8months now and i have tried to make it work, he has changed too much, this is not the man I married. I asked him to do one thing (ask for a temp work stamp) he came here telling me he forgot. I stopped going to school to support him. He is lazy and the most important think to him is music video. :crying: If I past out in the room he wouldn't even notice. I don't want to be mean and send him back but I'm very sick and I cant do this any more. I'm very unhappy and I suffer from Bi-polar dissorder that makes me upset all the time. What can I do. I need some input. Thanks

P.S. Tell me if this is a man that cares: He came in one day crying on the floor walk over me pick his clothes up and left with his friends for the park. He never even called to see if I was ok. I know Jamaican men are laid back but please be honest.

Tawana,

I hope that you can get some counseling to help make the decisions you need to make. Pray about and ask God to help you through this. I feel for you and wish you the best. You are not alone and not the only one to go through this. We are all here to support you regardless.

(L)(L)(L)

Hi everyone

Hey Anna,

How are you? I am just starting my day. I will start job hunting on the computer in a few. Hope you have a lovely day.

Happy Monday Everyone :thumbs:

Is the baby waiting for Labor Day?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, my hubby starts work today...wish him luck. He is excited! I hope things go well for him, I talked to the supe he will be under and he seems a bit spacey. :lol:

Good Luck, Lake!! :thumbs: I know everything will go well!! :yes:

(Spacey Boss :lol: )

:lol:

Yeah Elias is taking Labor Day literally!! :lol::yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Went to the Embassy to-day re. missing digit from passport of my son. They say it should not be an issue and did not change it. Hope this is really so for our sakes.

Shar

He is in the kitchen getting his supper ready to take with him. The man amazes me, he brooms the house, does the dishes up after he cooks, cleans up after ME more than half the time, always helps with groceries, etc, etc. I told him this weekend, he wont want to clean any more on the house, since his job will be cleaning the school all day, he will be burnt out on it. :crying::crying::lol:

Congrats. Keep him close by ,a man like that is a rear gem.

SHAr

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Luck, Lake!! :thumbs: I know everything will go well!! :yes:

(Spacey Boss :lol: )

:lol:

Yeah Elias is taking Labor Day literally!! :lol::yes:

:lol::lol: Hello family.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Lake :thumbs:

Julie - we're waiting for Elias' big debut (L)

Tawana - you have already been given excellent words of encouragement and advice. I will pray for the both of you

Shar - good luck in getting the issue taken care of for your little one

Waving to everyone

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Thanks all for the well wishes. He cooked up some scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions and put it in a burrito wrap and thats what he took for lunch. I love the way he cooks them. He is a fantastic cook too.

Yea, he is quite the sweetheart. I really fall more and more in love with him every day, sometimes so much it scares me. I have had a lot of angst teaching him to TELL me what I want to hear, and to show affection. We had quite the talk last night, he says he has learned so much about how to make a relationship work, that he never knew or understood or learned in his country. He was so cold and distant at first, even tho he is a gentle, loving man, you would never have known it, so I despaired of how things might go with us. I know Elizabeth read my posting of despair, not sure anyone else in this forum did, but things have just gotten better and better since that time. He was oh so willing to learn tho, so without that, we couldnt have made it. Otherwise, I think things would have fallen to pieces by now. Our one year anniversary will be the end of next week, can you believe time passes so fast?

It makes me doubly sorry to hear of your troubles, Tawana, I will pray for you and yours and hope things come to a successful resolution. It really makes me realize how things could have gone either way with us, so I am really empathizing with your situation. Hugs to you.

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

We got a 2006 Saturn ION, its in the garage now, and we're loving it :thumbs:

My sister just got one of those a few months ago too. She loves it! She got the coupe but it has 2 little doors to get in the backseat so it's great. GM vehicles RULE :dance::yes: (gotta keep me in business!)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

One more day of work after tonight and we'll be on our way to Jamaica!! :dance: I hope the airport isn't too backed up with all the new security rules :unsure:

Where is everyone at tonight??

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One more day of work after tonight and we'll be on our way to Jamaica!! :dance: I hope the airport isn't too backed up with all the new security rules :unsure:

Have a great time. Just keep telling yourself you will be in Jamaica soon!!

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, my hubby starts work today...wish him luck.

Good luck Lake... what hours is he working?

I will start job hunting on the computer in a few. Hope you have a lovely day.

Did you find anything good today Ann?

:lol::lol::crying: Tell me it's not true :lol:

Went to the Embassy to-day re. missing digit from passport of my son. They say it should not be an issue and did not change it. Hope this is really so for our sakes.

:thumbs: That's good, I hope they are right too. What day do you all come up?

We got a 2006 Saturn ION, its in the garage now, and we're loving it :thumbs:

My sister just got one of those a few months ago too. She loves it! She got the coupe but it has 2 little doors to get in the backseat so it's great. GM vehicles RULE :dance::yes: (gotta keep me in business!)

:yes::lol: Exactly, I wanted to keep you working those extra hours ;) How is the new supervisor you were training doing??

I totally forgot :dance::dance: I'm so excited for you! I hope you guys have a great time.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and say I got the I129F approval.

Woogie and Darlene- when you guys got the approval did you notice that the VALID FROM DATE began before the APPROVAL date?

Good luck/congrats Lake

Tawanna- I am so sorry to hear about your circumstances- you got some really great advice but please talk with hubby. Things might be a little different in his views.

PAGING ELIAS, PAGING DOCTOR ELIAS, PLEASE COME OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Timeline
I totally forgot :dance::dance: I'm so excited for you! I hope you guys have a great time.

Yes, have a great time!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and say I got the I129F approval.

Woogie and Darlene- when you guys got the approval did you notice that the VALID FROM DATE began before the APPROVAL date?

Congrats!!

Best wishes to Lake on his new job.

Timeline

Thanks for all your well wishes, I will pass them on to him. He is working second shift, so hopefully he can still go to his GED classes in the morning. Hours are 3 to 11:30 so I have to pick him up in a few hours. Cant wait to hear how it went! :lol:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.