Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My fiance had an appt. to drop of the DS230. He also had an appt. to pick up the packet with the interview letter because we thought it got lost in the mail..... it actually showed up a week after he picked it up. But, I had already called the embassy and gotten the interview date.... So, you definitely need an appt. to drop of the DS230. You need an appt. for everything...

Okay, I'll email the embassy to request an appointment. Or is it already scheduled and included in packet 3? I'm trying to avoid having to wait for packet 3 in the mail. The mail takes so LONG there! :(

Thanks for your response, too, Texas Bound!

The DS-230 will be in packet #3. You can make the appt to pick up packet #3 and have your fiance drop off the DS-230 part I at that time. Packet #3 pretty much has the checklist and other info that is important. Once the DS-230 is returned they will then schedule the interview and send out packet #4. That package will have the interview letter that must be brought to the medical and the actual interview at the Embassy.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to have happen. My plan is to mail the form to him, already filled out. By the time he gets it in the mail from me, we should know his appointment date and time to pick up packet 3, which he'll really be dropping off (well, he'll drop off the DS230). Is that correct? And then at some point after that, the embassy will send out packet 4 with the appointment letter. Right?

Yes, try to send him the DS-230 ASAP b/c I don't think it will take a long time to get an appt (or at least I don't think so). Maybe someone else can add to this. After he drops off the form you can either call or email them a few wks later to get the actual interview date. They will send out packet #4 but you already know how the mailing system is out there. Once he gets the actual date you can then schedule the medical BUT you will NEED the actual interview letter to attend the medical.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
The plane I took last spring break was broke. We started to fly in the air and all of us said the plane sounded funny. They turned around and went back to OHare. It was scary if they wouldn't of caught the problem they said we would of been toast.

Mindy it must be quiet all by yourself. What are you going to do with your free time?

That would have been the LAST plane ride I ever took!!!

It is quiet -- and so far really nice!!! He called me from the street in Kingston -- I sure don't miss those phone calls!!!!

Man I can't wait for the phone calls to be over. We have nothing really to talk about that much anymore after 9 years what else is there to say.

I thought about not flying Air JA but they are the only direct flight out of Chicago. United Airlines has a charter once a week. The last time I took Air JA the trip down was horrible. All the seats where broken. My @$$ hurt. It wasn't just me another guy across the aisle was complaining about his. I am booking the flight to Kingston tonight. Finally got the times hubby thinks we should go. Now I need to book the hotel. The pirces for the Hilton Dropped in May but still there are no rooms. So were going to go with the villa.

1 1/2 more days until Spring break who is counting :whistle:

Are you flying into MoBay? Vacation Hotlines also do charter (non-stop) flights into MoBay. I always fly w/them and they have good rates. The only thing is that they only fly on Wed, Sat, and Sun. Check this website out.

Thanks Anna I will save this info for later flights :)!!

It looks like they only fly out of Chicago on Wed.

I'm not sure why they only show Wed maybe it's the sale that's going on. I think Wed are the cheapest flight but they do travel on Sat & Sun as well. I booked my last trip to JA w/them but ended up going on Air JA b/c I left on a Thurs. You can also call there office and speak to Mike or Linda. They're both great!! I know Jill (ChristineJames) always used them as well.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
The plane I took last spring break was broke. We started to fly in the air and all of us said the plane sounded funny. They turned around and went back to OHare. It was scary if they wouldn't of caught the problem they said we would of been toast.

Mindy it must be quiet all by yourself. What are you going to do with your free time?

That would have been the LAST plane ride I ever took!!!

It is quiet -- and so far really nice!!! He called me from the street in Kingston -- I sure don't miss those phone calls!!!!

Man I can't wait for the phone calls to be over. We have nothing really to talk about that much anymore after 9 years what else is there to say.

I thought about not flying Air JA but they are the only direct flight out of Chicago. United Airlines has a charter once a week. The last time I took Air JA the trip down was horrible. All the seats where broken. My @$$ hurt. It wasn't just me another guy across the aisle was complaining about his. I am booking the flight to Kingston tonight. Finally got the times hubby thinks we should go. Now I need to book the hotel. The pirces for the Hilton Dropped in May but still there are no rooms. So were going to go with the villa.

1 1/2 more days until Spring break who is counting :whistle:

Are you flying into MoBay? Vacation Hotlines also do charter (non-stop) flights into MoBay. I always fly w/them and they have good rates. The only thing is that they only fly on Wed, Sat, and Sun. Check this website out.

Thanks Anna I will save this info for later flights :)!!

It looks like they only fly out of Chicago on Wed.

I'm not sure why they only show Wed maybe it's the sale that's going on. I think Wed are the cheapest flight but they do travel on Sat & Sun as well. I booked my last trip to JA w/them but ended up going on Air JA b/c I left on a Thurs. You can also call there office and speak to Mike or Linda. They're both great!! I know Jill (ChristineJames) always used them as well.

Okay very cool I will check this out. I forgot I still need to by Dwain a ticket. Thanks Anna :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My fiance had an appt. to drop of the DS230. He also had an appt. to pick up the packet with the interview letter because we thought it got lost in the mail..... it actually showed up a week after he picked it up. But, I had already called the embassy and gotten the interview date.... So, you definitely need an appt. to drop of the DS230. You need an appt. for everything...

Okay, I'll email the embassy to request an appointment. Or is it already scheduled and included in packet 3? I'm trying to avoid having to wait for packet 3 in the mail. The mail takes so LONG there! :(

Thanks for your response, too, Texas Bound!

Hey just have it delivered by mail (use a local courier for around 10.00) . It will take to darn long for them to give you an appt.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

this packet 3 pickup info is much appreciated! so what's the method for making an appointment to pick up this packet 3? do you call the embassy? can you set up an appointment at the website? when you get notification that the packet 3 has been mailed, is it too late to try to pick it up or do they have a stack of packet 3s already made up? this part has me confused!

belwinmills- what grade do you teach? i am also a teacher (kdg) and i LOVE my spring breaks. i wish i worked for a school system that operated on a balanced-calendar instead of the traditional school year. i'd appreciate the more frequent breaks. one more week and i fly to jamaica, OH YEAH!

Timeline
she is so baaaad! she has separation anxiety so while i'm not home she's chewing on the woodwork

I have three who have separation anxiety -- and I am not talking about Roy :lol: :lol:

Slash -- my boy -- he ate one couch and numerous shoes. Axl -- my girl -- she ate two holes in the wall, the wood stairs and she too broke out of her cage. She was bruised and bloody from prying the metal apart. Lola -- my mongrel -- she ate TWO couches AND my vertical blinds. Not to mention countless ornaments off the Christmas tree, the outside fence and every pool "toy" that we had. I have tried everything to calm them down.....nothing works. That is, until Roy got here. They all just LOVE him and have turned into different dogs since his arrival. <Actually, Slash & Axl grew out of their problems -- Lola on the other hand....she will never grow up :devil: >

They are so spoiled -- I was so nervous about how he was going to react to them. He would always ask me where they slept -- ha, ha -- in bed with me!!! I am very lucky. Hopefully you will be too!!

that is so freakin funny....i have a dog too..a pitbull...who is totally spoiled and a big baby...my fiance is BEGGING me to get rid of him before he comes...partly because he is scared of pitbulls but mostly because he thinks it is so bizarre how we treat our animals like humans in America....he does not understand the "bond" in which we have with our dogs....i told him no chance in hell was my dog going anywhere....i know they will be best friends anyways...

well now i know that my dog isn't the only one who's broken out of her cage, lol. doesn't it make you wonder what on earth are they thinking as they injure themselves doing this? i put the cage in the garage after my dog got a really bad cut on the pad of her paw. she tracked blood all over the house and in my bed!!!

Lord, i don't think my fiance will come around on the dog issue. it's not like i can defend all the bad things she's done to the house (that my fiance will be repairing when he gets here, lol). now that she's older, she's incontinent and i got tired of mopping up pee every day. so i've resorted to keeping her outside when i am not home, and she sleeps in the kitchen at night. the only time i leave her in is if it's going to storm.

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

I have my trip all planed out. Now its the count down. Wish I could go this week for spring break. Its suppose to rain the whole week here :angry: .

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

well now i know that my dog isn't the only one who's broken out of her cage, lol. doesn't it make you wonder what on earth are they thinking as they injure themselves doing this? Lord, i don't think my fiance will come around on the dog issue. it's not like i can defend all the bad things she's done to the house (that my fiance will be repairing when he gets here, lol). now that she's older, she's incontinent and i got tired of mopping up pee every day.

I have never seen metal bent like that before -- my girl is really, really strong. She has the HUGEST paws -- she is all muscle. AND....she is also incontinent!! I have her on Stilbestrol (it's a female hormone)-- I give her one pill a week and it stops it -- as long as I remember to give her the pill. You should check with your vet -- the pills are really cheap.

I have my trip all planed out. Now its the count down. Wish I could go this week for spring break. Its suppose to rain the whole week here :angry:

What are you plans? When do you leave?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

hi everyone it has taking me awhile to get access to a computer. So now that i'm in the US what should i expect. The flight over from jamaica was nice. the procedure at the airport was ok. When should i expect to get my green card. u see my mother works at a hospital and was seeking a job for but they told i would have a green card to get the job.

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
hi everyone it has taking me awhile to get access to a computer. So now that i'm in the US what should i expect. The flight over from jamaica was nice. the procedure at the airport was ok. When should i expect to get my green card. u see my mother works at a hospital and was seeking a job for but they told i would have a green card to get the job.

WELCOME TO THE US :dance::dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Congratulations to you. Are you home?

yes i am home

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

WELCOME TO THE US :dance::dance:

Welcome, welcome lovelyjodie. And congratulations to Sonshyne!!!!! :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.