Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

The reason why Mindy, you and myself (if there are any others, please speak up)....but since we are caucasian and the other is black/brown....THAT is still, unfortunately not "accepted". I'm "not allowed" to bring black people down to my Uncle's beach house !!!! soooo, I don't go there anymore, ever!!

Same here <_< It was definately a color thing at first. My parents were so prejudiced - if I was dating a black guy they wouldn't even acknowledge it! My dad would say "your friend" and I would say no, dad, my BOYFRIEND or my FIANCE. Nope, he wasn't havin' it. He wouldn't believe that I was engaged. Even when Tony first came here, he just avoided the topic. He would talk about work, the weather, my dog - anything but Tony :rolleyes: Luckily, my mom came around quickly and she really liked Tony. Her and my sister helped me ambush my dad - trick him into meeting Tony :whistle: It was very akward at first, but thankfully he came around. Now they get along great! They have even taken weekend fishing trips upnorth with "the boys". I think once my dad realized what a hard worker he is and that he wasn't just using me for a green card, he felt better about the whole thing.

I am (and always have been) really close with my family so it's a huge relief to me that they like and get along with my husband. I'm sorry some of you are having it so difficult. Hang in there - you never know. All of my friends were shocked that my mom and especially my dad - came around. :blush:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding the medical....

I told my fiance to ask for a copy of what they send to the Embassy (I saw on this thread that you will need it when filing paperwork later down the line). He asked them, and the doctor said they can't provide a copy because it is confidential and is to go directly to the Embassy..... Here is my issue.... we paid for it, so shouldn't we be entitled to a copy???

Will we be able to get a copy at the Embassy???

The doctor is right. They can not give you a copy of it - it is confidential. It gets put into a sealed envelope and forwarded directly to the Embassy. The only thing you can get is a copy of the immunizations and shots that he received. That way you have proof of him getting them and won't have to get the same shots again later. The Embassy is NOT going to give you a copy of the Medical either :no:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

My suggestion.....have a file in your computer (or print the information and have a file) name your file

VJ info and everything that has been said that is IMPORTANT information and/or simple things like paying the $100 PRIOR to your interview and KEEPING the receipt (because you take that into the interview with you). You can pay ahead of time, we paid the day before. Keep that information somewhere that the same SIMPLE questions are right there in your "saved" file.

The process is very very cut and dry if you have the information all in one place, you'll be good to go.

Very good advice Kelly :thumbs:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

i only have one question so far: someone mentioned that he'll need his long-form birth certificate. what does the long form look like? he sent me one of his certified birth papers and it doesn't look "long". it has his birth info, mother's info, etc. but it's on a half-sheet of paper. will this suffice?

Welcome :energetic: Nope, that sounds like the old, outdated birth certificate. You need the "long" form which is the size of a full sheet of paper - maybe bigger, I don't have it in front of me right now! The 1/2 sheet is definately the old version.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning.....aaahh winter is back... :angry: i was getting used to the warm weather...

michelle how are you doing today???

well mike had a first yesterday....he took the bus into Wilmington DE and he has this hang up with wearing skinny jeans and tight shirt....i guess it was the latests style when he left JA....so yesterday as he was walking to girls i guess started to laugh and as the past him they said something like OH he MUST be gay....and i said to mike well i kinda told you that...but he said i don't care... :blink: oh well what am i going to do with him????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks for the warm welcome everyone! i just read the last 30+ pages and i've copied/pasted a lot of important information. i'll take a copy of it to my fiance and hopefully it'll save a lot of inconvenience when he goes to gather his paperwork. we already have the no-impediment (boy was that a wild-goose chase!), and i think we'll be getting his police records while i'm visiting him.

i only have one question so far: someone mentioned that he'll need his long-form birth certificate. what does the long form look like? he sent me one of his certified birth papers and it doesn't look "long". it has his birth info, mother's info, etc. but it's on a half-sheet of paper. will this suffice?

No that is the old one. The new birth cert is longer than that. It's also typed whereas the old one was hand written. The new one is also colored w/the Dr bird on the top right corner and a stack of books on the top left corner.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

good morning.....aaahh winter is back... :angry: i was getting used to the warm weather...

I hear ya !!! It was 80 degrees 2 days ago, 75 yesterday till about 3pm....and today, coooold, sleet, rain and also calling for 2-4 inches of snow !!! I said to Craig this morning, you've now seen ALL of our changes in season within 2 days !!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone. For all you Irish folk (like myself) --Happy Patty's Day !! Our soccer tournament in Virginia was canceled this weekend, so it's nice to HAVE a weekend to do nothing !!

Enjoy... :dance:

Timeline

michelle how are you doing today???

well mike had a first yesterday....he took the bus into Wilmington DE and he has this hang up with wearing skinny jeans and tight shirt....i guess it was the latests style when he left JA....so yesterday as he was walking to girls i guess started to laugh and as the past him they said something like OH he MUST be gay....and i said to mike well i kinda told you that...but he said i don't care... :blink: oh well what am i going to do with him????

Im a shotta!!! Well, that's what they call the guys who wear the skinny pants. It's a style not sure about the latest but some JA'n are wearing it. Some of them approve and some ppl don't.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Good afternoon family!!

I'm feeling much better today, I spoke to my baby first thing this morning. Thank God is Friday!!!!! Any plans this weekend? I'm taking my daughter to one of her schoolmates birthday party tomorrow.

Jax, I hope you get the interview date today. Are you going call the Embassy today? Remember we are on the same time zone now.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

It's a bit longer than 8.5 x 11 and it is pink and blue......with the hummingbird on it.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Good afternoon family!!

I'm feeling much better today, I spoke to my baby first thing this morning. Thank God is Friday!!!!! Any plans this weekend? I'm taking my daughter to one of her schoolmates birthday party tomorrow.

Jax, I hope you get the interview date today. Are you going call the Embassy today? Remember we are on the same time zone now.

I am calling right now can't get through ugh :angry:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone,

quick question - did anyone who got a blue paper at the embassy have to pay the $100 at paymaster again? we got all the way through the process, through the interview even, and THEN they said about the i-864 needed for our co-sponsor. i don't think we have to pay it again just to drop off the papers they need, but i'm certainly not going to ASSUME anything where they are concerned... :) any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks! :)

Timeline
hello everyone,

quick question - did anyone who got a blue paper at the embassy have to pay the $100 at paymaster again? we got all the way through the process, through the interview even, and THEN they said about the i-864 needed for our co-sponsor. i don't think we have to pay it again just to drop off the papers they need, but i'm certainly not going to ASSUME anything where they are concerned... :) any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks! :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Keishino- Sorry I cant answer your question.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Timeline

michelle how are you doing today???/quote]

Now that I made finally made it home in this snow and sleet, I'm doing ok. Thank God. I hope everyone else on the East Coast made it home ok.

Thanks for asking Shauna :star: .

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline

thanks for answering my birth paper question. it's looking like my fiance will have to revisit that same horrid place where he got the no impediment form. anybody know how much this costs?

i heard about the horrid weather on the east coast. my friend had plans to see baby cham in concert but it's looking like that probably won't happen.

have a great weekend!

Edited by MyDestinyAwaits

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.