Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will start off by saying congrats to Miss Jonesie.....who had us all thinking she broke her neck last night dutty whining!!!!! :dance::dance:

Elizabeth...girl you "chat" too much...I can't even get 1 heart and you have 3!!!!! :D:D

Where are you Elias???????????? :huh::huh::whistle::lol:

SEE!!!! Some of us white folks can move!!!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

We're here debating over whether there are any ghettos in America that are the on par with those JA. He claims that there are no ghettos in the world worse than JA. I'm trying to tell him in all of my travels I've seen ghettos everywhere.

You tell him to call Duane......he said the same thing when he was back in JA until I took him to a "ghetto" in San Francicso. He saw all the drug attacks and homeless..... His mouth dropped open....he turned to me and said..."okay you won!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: "

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Timeline
You tell him to call Duane......he said the same thing when he was back in JA until I took him to a "ghetto" in San Francicso. He saw all the drug attacks and homeless..... His mouth dropped open....he turned to me and said..."okay you won!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: "

His uncle from Brooklyn is in JA right now visiting his children that live in JA. I told him to ask his uncle about the ghettos here in the US. I've seen them everywhere including some places that were the absoluetly beautiful such as in Hawaii, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Paris, Canada, Martinique, Barbados so on and of course JA too. Whenever I go someplace new I want to see how the "real people" live. The only place I did not see one in was Geneva, Switzerland. Perhaps if I looked a little deeper I probably would have found one there too.

He claims we don't have people here that walk around with no shoes. I told him that there are homeless here that may have shoes that somehow remain attached to their feet but have holes so big they may as well not be on their feet. He doesn't understand is that in the winter time being homeless without adequate clothing and shoes or having a home without heat can kill you. Anyways like you said Kim, he'll believe it when he sees it.

Hey 1luv :)

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats, Jonesie! So happy for you!

No prob with laughin at me, Dee, like I said its rather comical. I know the drill bout washing, etc. We have been changing our sheets every other day. I think we have the cleanest beds in Lincoln! :lol: Other than the bugs of course, we have been mopping with ammonia once a week and mopping with vinegar EVERY day that we can, at least every third day anyhow. Thats what I mean by exhausting...its a real procedure. I have been wiping down the beds with a mix of Vicks and sulfur every time we change the sheets (we have waterbeds, so probly better than a regular bed) then speading diatomaceous earth all over before I put the sheets on. You wouldnt believe it, I dont know how ANYthing could survive.

Like I said, when I start reading on the internet bout stuff I get pretty scared, I read about a South American parasite that causes river blindness, that sounds like some pretty scary stuff. I do wonder, cuz I know when Lake went back, there was a LOT of flood water that he just couldnt avoid. The common meds for that is also the stuff the dermatologist prescribed, but there is no cure, but meds to assist. Another $300 for meds tho. Ouch.

STILL waiting on the background check for Lake to start work....the wait goes on...good grief!

Tonite was my sis' 60th birthday, and we all went to Cracker Barrel to eat, only place in Lincoln that serves okra! We got to see the lil grand niece of mine, she IS a real cutie pie. She weighs over 10 lbs now!

Elizabeth, did ya read bout my bitter melon question, buried in my epic from last nite? :help:

Hugs to all

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Hello ladies,

I'm just checking in. I've been really busy these last few days. I'm training a new supervisor at work so it's taking up tons of time. On the bright side, I finally have some help!!

We leave for JA in 5 days :dance: Unfortunately since this Terrorist stuff in London today, I'm worried about flying. It's gonna be such a pain getting thru security and all that now.

Going back now to catch up :reading:

Hi ,

Just wanted to let you all know that the interview was successful. It was quite easy , spent less thn 6minutes at the interview window. Having ones fiancee there certainly makes a huge difference.

SHar

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::thumbs: Another VJ success!!!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 8, 2006, an approval notice was mailed

Yippee :dance::D:star: Finally! I know you are so happy and relieved. Congratulations :dance:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

rahtid! me still kyan see it!!!! :angry:

Elizabeth...girl you "chat" too much...I can't even get 1 heart and you have 3!!!!! :D:D

:lol::lol::P

Elizabeth, did ya read bout my bitter melon question, buried in my epic from last nite? :help:

Hugs to all

Jill

I did, but then I forgot to answer. :whistle: I need a secretary! :lol:

No, my bitter melon seeds grew no taller than an inch. Only one is still alive it has three leaves!!! :angry:

The pigeon/gungo peas did not grow either. Nor did the long bean (bora in GT). But I wont give up. Next year I am fencing the garden (to keep out my neighbors cat) adding new organic soil and I will try again with tomatoes, okra, bitter melon, peppers and eggplant. :yes:

His uncle from Brooklyn is in JA right now visiting his children that live in JA. I told him to ask his uncle about the ghettos here in the US. I've seen them everywhere including some places that were the absoluetly beautiful such as in Hawaii, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Paris, Canada, Martinique, Barbados so on and of course JA too. Whenever I go someplace new I want to see how the "real people" live. The only place I did not see one in was Geneva, Switzerland. Perhaps if I looked a little deeper I probably would have found one there too.

He claims we don't have people here that walk around with no shoes. I told him that there are homeless here that may have shoes that somehow remain attached to their feet but have holes so big they may as well not be on their feet. He doesn't understand is that in the winter time being homeless without adequate clothing and shoes or having a home without heat can kill you. Anyways like you said Kim, he'll believe it when he sees it.

Hey 1luv :)

I vote for Geneva too. Clean as a whistle when it comes to stuff like that. When I was in (West) Germany in the early to mid-80s, I HUNTED north south east and west for slums and could not really find any. Don't know what it is like today though.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hey all!

To Elizabeth, sorry bout your sorry lil plants. Lake has a ball taking care of our garden. He planted long beans too, and they are just now beginning to produce. Like I said, our one bitter melon plant that finally grew is in the front, and right next to my camper. He said they really need something to climb on, and for some reason, the soil is really rich in back and along a fence, but it didnt grow at all, but decided to grow in front where the soil is really poor and with nothing to climb on. He was trying to guide it toward the camper to grow on, which I kind of object to, but now with me liking them so much, I kind of figure oh what the heck! :lol: They are just now beginning to grow up one side of my camper, and since I havent used the darned thing in 3 years, I guess its an appropriate climbing for vines. :lol: I will post pics in a few weeks, when its covered, it will be quite laughable! We have a lil Vietnamese guy two doors over that has the most beautifully producing garden you have ever seen. The guy next door, in between us, probably has a fit, cuz he is most particular, and HATES anything growing on the fence! :lol: And here he has TWO guys he is between that keep guiding vines along it on EACH side. We let our squash get away last year and grew over in his yard, and Lake was SHOCKED that he cut it down. He couldnt believe anyone would DO such a thing, even tho I kept telling him the guy would. He said "no, he wont, he will just let it produce and then eat the ones on his side, thats what they do in our country...", and I told him, "NOT this guy", I think he hates it that we have a clothes line, as they are considered a bit "declasse" in our country, but I love the smell of sunshine on my clothes after they have been out.

Also about ghetto's/slums...I have tried to explain this to Lake, as we dont have any of it here, just poor areas, but I was telling him about the Appalachian mountains, where some are so poor they wear newspapers on their feet and cant afford shoes, etc. Even Shania Twain said they were so poor when she was taking care of her sisters after her parents died in Canada, they were bathing in the river, and couldnt afford heat or food, and wouldnt tell anyone cuz she didnt want her sisters being taken away by social services. I remember her discussing it on Oprah, cuz they were talking about not wasting food, even to this day, cuz it was so hard to come by when they were children. So its out there, just not always obvious.

Gosh, I have written another book. I need to spread it out, so I can get my hearts like someone else... :whistle:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

Well, I have checked online ALL the places/sites you guys talked about for cheap international calling rates...only one offers calls from OUR area, and its a calling card, at 81 cents a minute. :(

Guyana costs SOOOO much to call, I think its the highest in the world. The absolute cheapest card I can find is about .35 cents a minute, and even that goes way too quickly. :crying:

Kim, my hubby is also really missing his kids, he told them he would for sure be back for Christmas. I am not sure how this will go down with his job, but he really hoped to go back for their birthdays last month, and missed that, so I dont have the heart to tell him he cant go. He emails them every day, but sometimes that just makes him more blue. I have noticed since he has constant email contact that he gets more antsy at times, usually when they tell him they need something for school and cant afford it, or something like that. :( And if we go out of town for the weekend, he gets a lil crazy/distracted with not being able to email them. The calling cards cost sooo much, he really limits it,but its terribly hard on him, and we still go thru about 6 a month or more.

My Mom and sis are saying he should never go back, but I know if they had kids they left behind, they sure wouldnt abandon them totally in another country without ever visiting again. Sigh...just dont know what to do, and I havent mentioned to them he is going home for Christmas. They will have a hissy, especially with him taking so long to get a really GOOD job, and then jeapordizing it like that. I just hope his supe is understanding, or that something can be arranged.

Boy, I am sure making up for lost time, arent I? :lol:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, I have checked online ALL the places/sites you guys talked about for cheap international calling rates...only one offers calls from OUR area, and its a calling card, at 81 cents a minute. :(

Guyana costs SOOOO much to call, I think its the highest in the world. The absolute cheapest card I can find is about .35 cents a minute, and even that goes way too quickly. :crying:

Kim, my hubby is also really missing his kids, he told them he would for sure be back for Christmas. I am not sure how this will go down with his job, but he really hoped to go back for their birthdays last month, and missed that, so I dont have the heart to tell him he cant go. He emails them every day, but sometimes that just makes him more blue. I have noticed since he has constant email contact that he gets more antsy at times, usually when they tell him they need something for school and cant afford it, or something like that. :( And if we go out of town for the weekend, he gets a lil crazy/distracted with not being able to email them. The calling cards cost sooo much, he really limits it,but its terribly hard on him, and we still go thru about 6 a month or more.

My Mom and sis are saying he should never go back, but I know if they had kids they left behind, they sure wouldnt abandon them totally in another country without ever visiting again. Sigh...just dont know what to do, and I havent mentioned to them he is going home for Christmas. They will have a hissy, especially with him taking so long to get a really GOOD job, and then jeapordizing it like that. I just hope his supe is understanding, or that something can be arranged.

Boy, I am sure making up for lost time, arent I? :lol:

Jill-

Sorry to hear that your little "pest" problem persists...I never had the stuff but my son's friend had the critters and they were bad!! All over his body!!! The shampoo medicine killed those buggers quick!!

Yep, missing the kids has been hard...he has to call and hear their voices on a regular basis or he will go crazy...maybe Lake can arrange the time off with his employer when he first starts....most employers are usually more felxible when they know vacation was pre-arranged prior to the hiring.

Good luck....I am sure Lake would really enjoy seeing the kids!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

That includes Elias -- if he EVER decides to show his pretty, little face!!! :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin everyone

di bway a dutty wine, eeh...fiya pon dat :lol:

Mi tiyad to rass...have some things to handle and I'll be in

Julie - how you feeling? How much longer until the docs are talking about inducing you?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.