Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Then my brother suggested that I buy this 3 bedroom farm house from my mom and dad that needs minor work like some carpet and paint. I could pay for it all in cash except for 4 thousand dollars of it. Then all I would be paying for is taxes. We could pay for him to go to school and almost everything on my pay check. He could concentrate on college with maybe only working 10 hours a week. I think it is great but don't know if my hubby would go for it. We could also buy that car he wants with cash too. What would you guys do. I am afraid of living in a town of 6 people. Yes they are all im-breads LOL joking. :lol: But we could save money like crazy and go to JA every year debt free. The farm house is the same distance away from my job. Would you move from a town of 40 thousand to a town of 6 to save money?

The bad part is it would take 6 hours to mow the grass :lol:

Some things to consider- if farm living doesn't suit your family can the property be sold easily? Especially in the current real estate market? If you have children how are the daycare/schools in the area etc.? Would he feel isolated out there-would you? Would the house need any costly major repairs in the near future? How are the town's services; especially emergency services; in a town with six people? Do you think the neighbors would accept an interracial couple? And would your husband feel welcome there? Do you mind mowing the grass for 6 hours? What about the winter time, how long would it take you shovel/plow? Ask your parents why they want to sell. That might give you a good indicator of what to expect. That's just a few questions off the top of my head.

I still would wait until your husband gets there before deciding together. But if you both are up for it, go for it.

I wouldn't move to a town of 6 people to save money-but hey- that's me. I'm a city girl; I can't live too far from the mall. :blush:

We will be looking at the town later. We could even test it out for a week sometime. This would save us 800 dollars a month though. I don't really like the country. I have grown up in a large town my whole life but if we have each other we will be fine. In the town a interacial couple lived there and they were fine. Thanks for the input. My parents bought the house because it was on auction. The house is right on our family farm. We own almost the whole towns land. They have their own house in the suburbs of Chicago. They will put on a new roof, siding, carpet and paint. I should say my brothers and I will be doing all the work this summer. They thought using it like a summer house where we can go have bom fires together. But they said we could rent it to own. If we moved they would buy it back from us too.

My interview is in April --- :yes:

Congrats on getting your interview-when did you find out?

Friday still waiting on the ex cat date.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My girlfriend Susan and her fiance did not get the visa today. His police record still had not reached him. It looks like the Embassy will not do anything unless all the paperwork is there.

We were hoping they would at least go through the interview and give him a blue slip to come back once he received the police record.

Ladies, make sure you have every single piece of paper they ask for. It is not like it use to be....

Sorry to hear that. Is she going to call her senator to see if they will help her get a new date very soon? I will got on my hubby to get everything quickly he is slow at times. Having to tell him over and over irks me at times. Hopefully he wont have as many problems in Kingston this next week to get his.

I hope all went well for everybody else's interview.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Supposedly they are to call him with a new interview date. She is devasted...Why couldn't they do the interveiw and have it pending the police record? They are just making it so difficult and expensive.

It is best to get everything done as soon as possible so if the is a problem there is time to fix it.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My file is ready. Darn it Im ready! Come on March 13th! Im ready to go get my Man!

On another note, we still need your prayers.

My file is ready. Darn it Im ready! Come on March 13th! Im ready to go get my Man!

:star:

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

You know you have a lot of prayers coming your way..

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Congrats on having your package complete :dance: I've got to go get my I-134 notarized and print off our photos, then I can assemble my stuff. I'm off work for the next 3 days and I plan to have this all taken care of :yes:

My girlfriend Susan and her fiance did not get the visa today. His police record still had not reached him. It looks like the Embassy will not do anything unless all the paperwork is there.

We were hoping they would at least go through the interview and give him a blue slip to come back once he received the police record.

Ladies, make sure you have every single piece of paper they ask for. It is not like it use to be....

I'm sorry to hear this, hopefully they'll get a new interview date soon.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

My Honey got his medical done yesturday his appointment was at 830 and it was a all day experience. He was there until 5:00 :blink: The total cost was 14000 J.

Some of my paper work has 3 pole punches in them so that I can put them in a binder. Do you guys think this will be ok? Should I re-copy them and not put hole in them or does it really matter?? I only did things like, my W-2's, taxes, proof of relationship etc... I didn't do any of the forms. I am trying to make sure everything is to their expectation.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now. I love it!!! I wore braids or weaves for most of that time, I started wearing it out in August in a curly afro or a afro puff. For the last 3 months I've been wearing it twisted. I'm slowly working myself towards Locks that is my ultimate goal. I've been wanting to do this for several years. I spend alot of time on this website www.nappturality.com. Ok well maybe too much time :lol: It is alot like this one... Very addicting and it offers a great deal of info and support. Check it out and let me know what you think.

That's a cool site. Lots of good info. My starter locs are on there somewhere.

Is your screen name the same as it is here??

Yes, it's the same. You'll see me around. Thanks, again.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My Honey got his medical done yesturday his appointment was at 830 and it was a all day experience. He was there until 5:00 :blink: The total cost was 14000 J.

Some of my paper work has 3 pole punches in them so that I can put them in a binder. Do you guys think this will be ok? Should I re-copy them and not put hole in them or does it really matter?? I only did things like, my W-2's, taxes, proof of relationship etc... I didn't do any of the forms. I am trying to make sure everything is to their expectation.

Sonshyne,

Did your honey get a copy of the medical?

I don't see it as being a problem to have hole punches, but I would not do it, as I don't want to give them any reason to say ANYTHING... I got a box of sheet protectors, and inserted all of my paperwork in them, and got a cute notebook and dividers to organize everything. Here is a list of everything I have in my notebook... It might be helpful to others:

My cover letter from I 129F

Letter detailing how we met from I 129F

I 129F copy and G325A (for both Jermaine and I)copy from initial filing

Copy of Notarized intent to marry for both of us

NOA1 and NOA2

Letter from DOS stating that I129 F was approved and sent to Embassy in Jamaica

Proof of relationship - Phone Bills, Pictures, Flight Coupons, Money transfer receipts

DS 157 Printed and downloaded from internet. (Original and 2 copies)

Affidavit of Support I-134 (Original and 2 copies)

3 yrs. of 1040's, and W2's

Tax Transcript from IRS

1 yr. of bank statements

5 paystubs

Letter from employer stating date of employment, Salary, Job Title, Full time status

Letter from bank stating date account was opened, and current balance

My Certified birth certificate (and copy)

Jermaines certified birth certificate (and copy)

My divorce decree (previously married)

DS 156 (Original and 2 copies)

DS 156K (Original and 2 copies)

DS 230 Pt.s I and II (Original and 2 copies of each)

Interview Letter

Police Certificate

No Impediment to Marriage Certificate

Jermaines Vaccination Record

Jermaines and My Passport

6 passport photos of Jermaine (4 frontal and 2 side views)

If anyone thinks anything is missing.... please let me know :wacko:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations on having your info. ready.... now just take a deep breath and prepare yourself and your home for your Man. That is my next task after ensuring I have all the paperwork done. I need to clean out his side of the closet, clear out some drawers, and the cabinet under his sink in the bathroom.... and make his honey-do list of things that have been screaming for the attention of a man around this house.... ;) I can't wait!!! He may not be able to work right away for a paycheck, but he will definitely be working around the house :dance:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline

I think they will be okay with the holes in them. Don't stress out over the little things. It sounds like if you have the right paperwork on you that everything will go smooth. Relax over your 3 days Sonshyne you will do great!!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

hi everyone, i has been quite a day.my interview was today at 8.15, i arrive at the embassy at around 7.15 had to stand in the sun until they called in the person with 8.15 appointment. Went inside(courtyard) we were given a pink paper to write our passport number on,we were also told sign our police reports, DS230 part 1, to write our names on the back our four pictures, then a man took our appointment letters and we were asked to follow him inside the embassy. I had to sit and wait to be called to the prescreening area(which is called section A) then i was sent to sit in Section B. i was then called to a window where i give them my documents(all listed above) plus my birth certificate and marriage certificate, i was then told sit wait again, i was then called to have my finger print taken i was sent to sit and wait again, in Section C this where waited to be called for an interview. When i was called the interviewer asked if i had ever been out of jamaica. she asked how we met? where we met. how often did he visit since we met? how many people were at our wedding,which of his and my family were there? when did i meet his family member who attended the wedding. what does he do for a living, why didn't he visit me between 2001 and 2003.do we have children together or does any of us have children otherwise? did he still live with his mother?,she only asked to see pictures of our wedding(ishowed her 8,i had an album) i answered all questions to the best of my ability, then she said everything was in order and was going give a map to go across the street to pay for the deliver of my visa. she said the actually process can take 2 weeks so make no travel arrangements til i have the visa in my hand. I am so happy thank u all. It's not hard if u r prepared :dance::dance::dance:

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Timeline

Sonshyne,

I don't see it as being a problem to have hole punches, but I would not do it, as I don't want to give them any reason to say ANYTHING... I got a box of sheet protectors, and inserted all of my paperwork in them, and got a cute notebook and dividers to organize everything. Here is a list of everything I have in my notebook... It might be helpful to others:

NOA1 and NOA2

Proof of relationship - Phone Bills, Pictures, Flight Coupons, Money transfer receipts

Tax Transcript from IRS

1 yr. of bank statements

5 paystubs

Letter from employer stating date of employment, Salary, Job Title, Full time status

Interview Letter

Police Certificate

6 passport photos of Jermaine (4 frontal and 2 side views).

Wow LovinJA you are really set. I will use your list as a guide as I prepare this month. Somethings will be different but I can use this. Does the 2nd copy of the DS230 part I and II have to be done online? And what do they mean by done online? Do you submit it online or copy it off the online page?

I am praying my husband has a safe trip to Kingston he hates going there. May he have good vibes getting his police records! ahahah

Just wondering how everyone's interview went to day?

Take Care,

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
hi everyone, i has been quite a day.my interview was today at 8.15, i arrive at the embassy at around 7.15 had to stand in the sun until they called in the person with 8.15 appointment. Went inside(courtyard) we were given a pink paper to write our passport number on,we were also told sign our police reports, DS230 part 1, to write our names on the back our four pictures, then a man took our appointment letters and we were asked to follow him inside the embassy. I had to sit and wait to be called to the prescreening area(which is called section A) then i was sent to sit in Section B. i was then called to a window where i give them my documents(all listed above) plus my birth certificate and marriage certificate, i was then told sit wait again, i was then called to have my finger print taken i was sent to sit and wait again, in Section C this where waited to be called for an interview. When i was called the interviewer asked if i had ever been out of jamaica. she asked how we met? where we met. how often did he visit since we met? how many people were at our wedding,which of his and my family were there? when did i meet his family member who attended the wedding. what does he do for a living, why didn't he visit me between 2001 and 2003.do we have children together or does any of us have children otherwise? did he still live with his mother?,she only asked to see pictures of our wedding(ishowed her 8,i had an album) i answered all questions to the best of my ability, then she said everything was in order and was going give a map to go across the street to pay for the deliver of my visa. she said the actually process can take 2 weeks so make no travel arrangements til i have the visa in my hand. I am so happy thank u all. It's not hard if u r prepared :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations on your visa Jodie :dance: :dance: :dance:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Sonshyne,

NOA1 and NOA2

Tax Transcript from IRS

1 yr. of bank statements

5 paystubs

Interview Letter

Police Certificate

6 passport photos of Jermaine (4 frontal and 2 side views).

Wow LovinJA you are really set. I will use your list as a guide as I prepare this month. Somethings will be different but I can use this. Does the 2nd copy of the DS230 part I and II have to be done online? And what do they mean by done online? Do you submit it online or copy it off the online page?

I am praying my husband has a safe trip to Kingston he hates going there. May he have good vibes getting his police records! ahahah

Just wondering how everyone's interview went to day?

Take Care,

Jax

i dont think it's a good idea to punch holes in the documents

Congratulations on your visa Jodie :dance: :dance: :dance:

thank u. i will post more about today when i have rested i so tired

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.