Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know if the downloadable forms are current (156k etc)?? Or should I go to USCIS website?

Family (L)

You will neve know how much I better I feel today because of all your kind words of encouragement and answers to my questions. Thanks again. Little more. (L)

Karin

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know if the downloadable forms are current (156k etc)?? Or should I go to USCIS website?

I am doing the same thing right now! lol I would go to the USCIS page!

does this mean i will have fill my ds230 1 and 11 online

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Filed: Timeline

Family (L)

You will neve know how much I better I feel today because of all your kind words of encouragement and answers to my questions. Thanks again. Little more. (L)

Karin

I'm glad that you are feeling better! I can imagine how heart-broken you were but at least you know that we are here for you always!

Timeline

Family (L)

Karin

I'm glad that you are feeling better! I can imagine how heart-broken you were but at least you know that we are here for you always!

I'm glad too :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Congrats on all the interviews coming up

Ricardo hang in there thanks for sharing it only can better they say the third time is the charm.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH INTERVIEWS COMING UP!! I KNOW EVERYONE SHOULD DO FINE, AND YOU'LL BE TOGETHER SOON!! :thumbs:

Ricardo, hopefully whatever it is that was wrong can be straightened out quickly!! Like someone else said-- at least it wasn't a DENIAL--disappointment, yes, but there's still plenty of light at the end of your tunnel!!

Hey T (F)

How are things going with your case?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Darlene -- WOW!! Your timeline is really moving. Congratulations!!!

Hey Family,

I got in about midnight last night and had to get up at 6:30 to go to work so I am finally here at my computer ready to bare my soul and all of my (our) STUPID mistakes in the hopes that nobody else goes through what we just did. Before I start I just want to thank everyone for your kind words and sympathy. Okay here goes:

When I arrived Sunday Ricardo still had not recieved his no-impediment eventhough we paid the extra money to expidite it. Monday morning we drive to the Registra General's Office in Spanish Town and stand on a line that wrapped around the building. In the meantime Ricardo kept trying to call the courier to locate the package. He finally gets through and they say they will deliver it to us at the office that afternoon. We breath a little easier and go back to the hotel and I go through the paperwork once more double checking everything (but not good enough). We drive back to the office at about 3:30 and wait for 3 hours in the parking lot for the courier to arrive. We kept calling him and he kept saying, soon come. He comes, we get it and go back to the hotel again. We rehearse our questions for the interview.

Tuesday we wake up and try to keep busy until our appointment which wasnt until 1:45pm. Nervewracking. We get to the embassy at 1:30 and have to stand on line for about 10 minutes to get through security. Then we have to wait on another line in the courtyard for about one and half hours until they let the 1:30 appointments inside. We are one of the first ones on line and get inside, they check our letter and his passort and we are told to sit and wait for our name to be called. About a half hour later his name is called and we go to a window and the woman is a real B****th. "why them keep come here wit der papers in envelopes. Go back and sit down and take out your papers." We sit back down and open the police report, which was sealed and the no-impediment and a few other things. Ricardo notices that the name on the no-impediment is wrong!!!!

Fifteen minutes later we are called to another window (thankfully) and we hand her the police report, passport, appointment letter and his DS156, 157 and 158 forms. She says that this is wrong, go home and we will schedule for another appointment. I ask her what is wrong and she says that our handwritten DS156K is no longer acceptable. It has to be done on line. This is where I start kicking myself. I ask her about the wrong name on the no-impediment and she says that that is a problem too.

MY STUPIDITY: I have heard you guys talk about doing this form on line but when I started filing a year ago in April, it was an option. We drive back to the hotel and I am trying to hold back the tears until we get inside. He doesnt want anyone to think that he has hurt me or done something bad to me.

Once we are inside the room I have a meltdown for a few hours and then I start to look through his papers again and I say, what is this? He never gave me HIS instruction packet because he assumed that I knew everything already. It CLEARLY states in his instructions that the form has to be done on line and it says a few other things that we did not have that would've turned us away as well, such as; the affidavit of support has to be valid within the last six months. I had everything notarized in July so that was outdated. They also require the I-864 which I had filled but no had no copies of. Beside the 4 passort photos (which we had), 2 additional photos with a profile shot (didnt have). They also want 3 years of taxes, I had read that I only needed two, I did bring an extra year in case, and a visa fee of $335 US dollars (could've swung) but had no idea about. I also read that if we did not have all the forms we needed that we would not be granted an interview and would have to wait 2-3 months to be rescheduled.

I went down to the cyber center at the hotel that night, after I stopped crying, and was able to do the DS156 on line in five minutes. Kicked myself again. I can not tell you how devasting it was.

There were four other couples there who were also turned away for lack of proper documentation.

The only reason that I am feeling a little better today is because my congresswoman called me to see how the interview went and when I told her what happened she said that she would send the embassy an email today about he situation. My two concerns are: will they give us another appointment? We have F****ED up TWO interviews now. How many do they have to give us? Is there a limit? And, second, our NOA expired on November 7, 2006, do I need to get an extension? Can I get an extension? Will we have to start filing all over again? She said that she thinks the embassy CAN extend us and she will make sure that they tell her IF we will get another appointment. She is also going to ask them to notify her when/if they re-schedule Ricardo so that I dont have to deal with making those horrible phone calls or emails anymore.

I can wait the 2-3 months if I just KNOW that a new interview is coming. I need to redo the affidavit, letter from bank and letter from employer but that's easy. My fear now is that I am RETARDED and am forgetting something or just am too stupid do everything that they want (and I have a Master's Degree). I have information from three different sources and they all say something different. His instructions say that they want bank statements. What do they mean by that? My affidavit instructions said just a notarized letter from the bank? Then it says that the 157 "can" be done on line. Does that mean I SHOULD do that on line as well? I will just to be safe.

Okay that is the ugly truth. PLEASE learn from my mistakes. And if anyone who has gone through this process and been successful recently, help me out with anything I would GREATLY appreciate it.

GOOD LUCK to all of those with March interviews. Dont make the same mistakes!!!

Signing off till later.

Good evening. I know you're frustrated and tired of interviewing but don't be so hard on yourself. The good thing is that these can be fixed. And in regards to your extension, you canfile for one but sounds like you may be given an automatic extension based on the circumstances.

Taxes are a big issue - three years is a must. For bank statements I submitted six months worth, some actually print out a years worth. You can sign on to your account online and print out the monthly statements.

I didn't submit a notarized letter from the bank - they printed out my account information and the branch manager signed and dated (with blue ink) - but this may have changed since we filed in 2005. To be safe I'd do all of the forms online and print out.

Hang in there (F) and realize that you haven't been denied! This will all work out and your honey will get approved :yes:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Good luck to all those with March interview dates :star:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Good evening. I know you're frustrated and tired of interviewing but don't be so hard on yourself. The good thing is that these can be fixed. And in regards to your extension, you canfile for one but sounds like you may be given an automatic extension based on the circumstances.

Taxes are a big issue - three years is a must. For bank statements I submitted six months worth, some actually print out a years worth. You can sign on to your account online and print out the monthly statements.

I didn't submit a notarized letter from the bank - they printed out my account information and the branch manager signed and dated (with blue ink) - but this may have changed since we filed in 2005. To be safe I'd do all of the forms online and print out.

Hang in there (F) and realize that you haven't been denied! This will all work out and your honey will get approved :yes:

I didn't have any bank statements at all and was never asked for any of them. I ONLY took letters for each account (1-for business & 1-for personal) from my bank manager stating when I opened my account and that I have an outstanding ....?? can't remember, I would have to dig that stuff out. The interviewer never ever looked at my bank stuff.

Also, at our interview ONLY "I" was interviewed, Craig was not asked one thing, he was sent to sit down. The interviewer ONLY looked meticulously at our pictures (25 or so of them---that I had sent in with my original paperwork), he did not want employer letters, new pictures, new letters.

Every interview is entirely different, you just HAVE to be OVER PREPARED, because you never ever know WHAT they'll ask for!!!!

Your man will HAVE to write (and print) your name, at least that's what almost everyone of us veterans had to do. So make sure they are practicing !!!

From my understanding now, they are saying 7 to 10 BUSINESS days for the Visas. I would definitely wait that long, because again, you never ever know !!! We had almost 2 weeks before Craig finally got his Visa, because noone knew where his medical stuff was!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ricardo,

Thank you for sharing your story. I hate that you had to go through the experience but all is not lost. You will soon have your man with you. It will just be that much sweeter once he gets the visa.

Thanks Texas Bound for putting the checklist together!

It is so nice to have this support and encouragement. Family members can be very judgemental and skeptical in these situations. To have a network of people going through the same things is invaluable when the stress level is so high.

You are all such a great group of people! I wish you all success, health and happiness! :D

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Can someone post the list of all the peeps with upcoming interviews? ...so we know who to pray for...i'm excited for everyone...

Can someone post the list of all the peeps with upcoming interviews? ...so we know who to pray for...i'm excited for everyone...

cambutler,ebony sean, lovinja,texas bound ,lovelyjodie thats all i can remember

Upcoming Interviews:

Lovelyjodie 3/6/07 CR-1

Keishino 3/6/07 K1

Susan 3/6/07 ? (Darlene's friend)

TexasBound 3/13/07 K1

Cambutler 3/13/07 CR-1

Ebony Sean 3/27/07 K1

LovinJA 3/27/07 K1

Anyone else please add

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Family (L)

Karin

I am so sorry that you had this disappointment, but I'm glad that it's things that can be remedied. I know you were heartbroken, but hang on just a little more. It seems like your congressperson is pushing for you, so that's good. *hug*

TexasBound, thank you for all the info, it is definitely helpful. In fact, thank all of you for your information. It helps those of us that are just starting this process, and lets us know that although it's long and slow we'll get there.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Bad news: Tony's grandma just passed away :crying: He wants to go down there but we really can't afford it right now. I feel really bad. It's so hard having all his family sooooo far away :( If we hadn't just went to Barbados, we could probably do it, but I don't know what to do. The cheapest flight I could find was over $500 :o Please keep us and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bad news: Tony's grandma just passed away :crying: He wants to go down there but we really can't afford it right now. I feel really bad. It's so hard having all his family sooooo far away :( If we hadn't just went to Barbados, we could probably do it, but I don't know what to do. The cheapest flight I could find was over $500 :o Please keep us and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Tony, you and family. This is a tough situation with this being his Grandma. I know how grandparents play such a big role in their lives at home.

Something will work out. (F)

WE ARE DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.