Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Darlene...yes he needs his social for the bank i was just there today to change things over and she said he needs his id and social....

sorry to hear that about the DMV i don't know why they are such jerks...i called yesterday to confirm things when i go and they were so rude....i don't know what gives them the right to act that way...i hope bert does well!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LovinJA Im glad to see you are near the end of your journey as are many of us the next few weeks. The Paymaster has many locations in Jamaica, your sweetie will be able to find one no problem. Ask him & he will know....usually the city. Settle down. Go ahead an book the flights but be prepared to re schedule if necessary. Im surprised you havent booked yours sooner. I had to book mine last month & they still ran over $1k + we booked JA to JFK to Dallas. So you know the cost & hotel stay in NY will be costly---but we feel it will be worth it. At this point, just make sure your packet is ready & current, pay the $100 fee & wait. Good luck, Im sure you will be fine as the rest of us will.

Make sure your DS156 has the barcode, & make 2-3 copies of every government document.

Thanks!

I am flying from Atlanta, and directly back to Atlanta. The prices are pretty reasonable now. The lowest I've found is $290 roundtrip. I read somewhere that JFK issues the temporary work stamp. Is that why you are flying into JFK? That may be the better route to go if thats the case. Is there a way I can find out if the Atlanta airport issues them?

Great advise about the copies of the gov't docuements!

What $100 fee are you referring to? I know the visa fee is $335, but is there another fee that I should be prepared for?

May we all have success this month!!! :dance:

Hey I just notice you are in Atlanta me too!! Good luck I purchaced his ticket ahead of time and it took 8 days to deliver the Visa but he wasin Morant Bay So that's the country. I had to pay a change fee. Most peple try to go through JFK to get a EAD stamp so there honey can work.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Veterans I have a final tidbit as I am less than 2 weeks away from the I - Day.

DS-157----there is not a place to sign, Did you have to sign it, as there is not a signatory page???

Medical Questionnaire/History---do we need to bring a fresh one completed to the interview?

OK LADIES.........they send it along in the packet to the embassy...it is usually there for your interview...as i had already posted for those of you with upcoming medicals...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remind your SO to get another copy of the medical sheet!!! trust me it will safe you so much time and money!!!!!!!!

Nannygirl, we already finished our Medical. As usual we didnt get a copy of the info. Can we ask for it at the interview?

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline
Hey Veterans I have a final tidbit as I am less than 2 weeks away from the I - Day.

DS-157----there is not a place to sign, Did you have to sign it, as there is not a signatory page???

Medical Questionnaire/History---do we need to bring a fresh one completed to the interview?

OK LADIES.........they send it along in the packet to the embassy...it is usually there for your interview...as i had already posted for those of you with upcoming medicals...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remind your SO to get another copy of the medical sheet!!! trust me it will safe you so much time and money!!!!!!!!

Nannygirl, we already finished our Medical. As usual we didnt get a copy of the info. Can we ask for it at the interview?

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

i am sure it wouldn't hurt to ask...i don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it

Timeline
I need wisdom please....

Question 1:

I looked under Embassy Info for Kingston and it says Visa Fee Payments should be sent in advance. Should I have my fiance get an appt. at the embassy to take the fee in?

Question 2:

Our interview is March 27th. I am flying in on the 26th, and will be there until April 2nd. I would like to go ahead and purchase his ticket to return with me on the 2nd. Is that too risky? Of course I am being positive and assuming we will be approved. But is is realistic to think he will have his visa in four working days like it states on the website? :unsure: I know I should probably wait to get his ticket, but it will be so expensive to get it a the last minute. He really wants to travel with me since he has never been on a plane.... He has never been to the gates at the airport.... I would hate for him to have to make the trip alone! :no:

Thanks!

i don't think you were on here when i went through the whole visa thing....it took mike like 10 days....and that is because my mother called and was in a fight with the embassy and i was in a fight with the air pack people...to be real with you it will take about 2 weeks....so my best advice would be to wait until you actually have the visa....then wait till he gets it....

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline

Hey I just notice you are in Atlanta me too!! Good luck I purchaced his ticket ahead of time and it took 8 days to deliver the Visa but he wasin Morant Bay So that's the country. I had to pay a change fee. Most peple try to go through JFK to get a EAD stamp so there honey can work.

What area do you live in? I am in Lithonia. There is a nice size Jamaican population around me, and there is a soccer field not far from me where there are games every Sunday in the Summer. I think there is a Caribbean League that coordinates the games. I rode through there one Sunday and saw people from all over. My fiance LOVES to play soccer, watch soccer, think about soccer, talk about soccer...... I am hoping he feels at home here and settles in well. I want to connect with as many people as possible from Jamaica so that we can establish a network of friends.

I never considered getting a EAD stamp at the airport. I initally read they don't really do that anymore. But, I will check the routes through JFK to see if it's affordable.

Can you make arrangements to pick up the Visa rather than have it delivered? My fiance is in Lucea, between MoBay and Negril. It would probably take longer than we want to wait to have it delivered.

Edited by LovinJA

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline
I need wisdom please....

Question 1:

I looked under Embassy Info for Kingston and it says Visa Fee Payments should be sent in advance. Should I have my fiance get an appt. at the embassy to take the fee in?

Question 2:

Our interview is March 27th. I am flying in on the 26th, and will be there until April 2nd. I would like to go ahead and purchase his ticket to return with me on the 2nd. Is that too risky? Of course I am being positive and assuming we will be approved. But is is realistic to think he will have his visa in four working days like it states on the website? :unsure: I know I should probably wait to get his ticket, but it will be so expensive to get it a the last minute. He really wants to travel with me since he has never been on a plane.... He has never been to the gates at the airport.... I would hate for him to have to make the trip alone! :no:

Thanks!

i don't think you were on here when i went through the whole visa thing....it took mike like 10 days....and that is because my mother called and was in a fight with the embassy and i was in a fight with the air pack people...to be real with you it will take about 2 weeks....so my best advice would be to wait until you actually have the visa....then wait till he gets it....

Wow.... not what I wanted to hear :crying: But, I think I should probably wait on his ticket and just plan accordingly. Thanks for the info.

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline
LovinJA Im glad to see you are near the end of your journey as are many of us the next few weeks. The Paymaster has many locations in Jamaica, your sweetie will be able to find one no problem. Ask him & he will know....usually the city. Settle down. Go ahead an book the flights but be prepared to re schedule if necessary. Im surprised you havent booked yours sooner. I had to book mine last month & they still ran over $1k + we booked JA to JFK to Dallas. So you know the cost & hotel stay in NY will be costly---but we feel it will be worth it. At this point, just make sure your packet is ready & current, pay the $100 fee & wait. Good luck, Im sure you will be fine as the rest of us will.

Make sure your DS156 has the barcode, & make 2-3 copies of every government document.

Thanks!

I am flying from Atlanta, and directly back to Atlanta. The prices are pretty reasonable now. The lowest I've found is $290 roundtrip. I read somewhere that JFK issues the temporary work stamp. Is that why you are flying into JFK? That may be the better route to go if thats the case. Is there a way I can find out if the Atlanta airport issues them?

Great advise about the copies of the gov't docuements!

What $100 fee are you referring to? I know the visa fee is $335, but is there another fee that I should be prepared for?

May we all have success this month!!! :dance:

LOVINJA, HERE ARE THE FEES:

$325 for AOS, $170 for EAD and $180 for AP, which totals $675

THERE WILL BE A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE I THE FEES SOON for 2008.

Please see the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FSmethod.pdf

SONSHYNE, I Havent noticed any Thursday interviews lately.

08-25-06 Package Sent
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch

APPROVED 3/13/07

Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Timeline

Can someone post the list of all the peeps with upcoming interviews? ...so we know who to pray for...i'm excited for everyone...

Can someone post the list of all the peeps with upcoming interviews? ...so we know who to pray for...i'm excited for everyone...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

cambutler,ebony sean, lovinja,texas bound ,lovelyjodie thats all i can remember

Edited by lovelyjodie

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

cambutler,ebony sean, lovinja,texas bound ,lovelyjodie thats all i can remember

My girlfriend Susan who is going on Tuesday the 6th. She a lurker here....LOL

WE ARE DONE!!!

I need wisdom please....

Question 1:

Question 2:

Thanks!

Wow.... not what I wanted to hear :crying: But, I think I should probably wait on his ticket and just plan accordingly. Thanks for the info.

Girl what a small world I live in Lithonia too. My husbands a member of the Carribean Leguea. He plays every Sunday on Covington Hwy or Wade Walker Park off of Stone Mountain Lithonia. I stay off of Panola.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.