Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonesie.....

Good luck to you and Drew tomorrow!!! We're all ready to celebrate!!!

Thanks sweets (F)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I try to explain to Gregory how different things are here I know he really doesn't get it / believe me some times BUT one thing that he believes and I just go right alone with is that Women have more right in the States than men do and if a man does something wrong they will be hauled off to jail without a trial! I asked him who told you that? He said... "I just heard/know" I said yes yes this is true, we women have all the rights here. :whistle: haa haa..

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Timeline

Hi ,

Just wanted to let you all know that the interview was successful. It was quite easy , spent less thn 6minutes at the interview window. Having ones fiancee there certainly makes a huge difference.

SHar

Congrats Shar!! :dance::dance:

Did you ever need to produce your fiance's previous marriage certificate at the interview?

No , there was no need for the marriage cert. it was submitted with the other documents but it was given back to me. They only needed the divorce paper. I got the marriage cert. on Friday thanks to my friends. This is so contradictory to what is requested, another contradiction is , only 2005 tax returns was reqested. They certainly need to update the requirement list.

Shar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jonesie mash it up tumoro girl. Best of luck.

Shar

A dat mi plan fi do

:dance:Badman forward badman pullup

Swing it weh

Frog back

Junkanoo

Chaplin

Peppaseed

Jerry Springer :dance:

:lol: had to buss a medley of dances

Again, congrats to you (F)

Good night everyone!

I'll let you know how it went once we're done (with both interviews)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jonesie mash it up tumoro girl. Best of luck.

Shar

A dat mi plan fi do

:dance:Badman forward badman pullup

Swing it weh

Frog back

Junkanoo

Chaplin

Peppaseed

Jerry Springer :dance:

:lol: had to buss a medley of dances

Again, congrats to you (F)

Good night everyone!

I'll let you know how it went once we're done (with both interviews)

:lol::lol:

GOOD LUCK JONESIE!!! YOUR AUTHOR AND FINISHER IS ON THE JOB!!!! :yes:

PS What, pray tell, is the Jerry Springer? Two dancehall divas clawing each other??? :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hi ,

Just wanted to let you all know that the interview was successful. It was quite easy , spent less thn 6minutes at the interview window. Having ones fiancee there certainly makes a huge difference.

SHar

:dance::dance:CONGRATZ Shar!!! :dance::dance:

Another "yardies" success story!!!! YEAH!!!!

I kinda feel like we went through this together since our time lines were sooooo close and we both came out of the California Service Center......So....where will you be moving to in the US????

I feel the say sort of connection . We will be going to Georgia. Thanks again for all the help.

Shar

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Luck Jonesie!!! :thumbs:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Timeline

Hi ,

SHar

Congrats Shar!! :dance::dance:

Did you ever need to produce your fiance's previous marriage certificate at the interview?

No , there was no need for the marriage cert. it was submitted with the other documents but it was given back to me. They only needed the divorce paper. I got the marriage cert. on Friday thanks to my friends. This is so contradictory to what is requested, another contradiction is , only 2005 tax returns was reqested. They certainly need to update the requirement list.

Shar

Congratulations. You're on you way!

Jax - I hope you are having an absolutely perfect day (L)

Elias, don't be afraid of the US. Come on down!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck tomorrow Jonesie.

I must say my hubby does not really have a problelm with the calling thingy. He prefers torun to the store to get teh prepaid cards, bu tknow that I have picity he is loving it and then there is skype and the messengers.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Hi ,

SHar

:dance::dance:CONGRATZ Shar!!! :dance::dance:

Another "yardies" success story!!!! YEAH!!!!

I kinda feel like we went through this together since our time lines were sooooo close and we both came out of the California Service Center......So....where will you be moving to in the US????

I feel the say sort of connection . We will be going to Georgia. Thanks again for all the help.

Shar

Once again...I am sooo happy for you and the kids....your family will be together...finally!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good luck tomorrow Jonesie.

I must say my hubby does not really have a problelm with the calling thingy. He prefers torun to the store to get teh prepaid cards, bu tknow that I have picity he is loving it and then there is skype and the messengers.

Good luck Jonesie.

We haven't had problems with phone bills either. Damien use calling cards most of the time and we also have Talk America (.18/min) at home. He pays his cell phone and house phone bills. His highest home phone bill was $160 and he almost had a heart attack :lol: I spent more money on phone bills and calling cards than my trips to JA when he was there. I pray those days are over :unsure: He respects that so far but the boy can chat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.