Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What is the I-485 fee?? I have never heard of it. Do we need it for the CR1 visa? I know he gets his green card on arival and his soc card with in 2 weeks of his arival.

Wow that hurts though 100 dollars more for the process.

No, this is for the K1/K3

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I GOT MY NOA 1! :dance:

Good luck Susanwill (F)

:thumbs: Congrats :dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
What is the I-485 fee?? I have never heard of it. Do we need it for the CR1 visa? I know he gets his green card on arival and his soc card with in 2 weeks of his arival.

Wow that hurts though 100 dollars more for the process.

No, this is for the K1/K3

Thanks Eric. !!!

Congrats Future Mrs. now the real waiting starts.

Good morning all. Stay warm for all in Chi land its 8 below!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi folks. Just checking up on my favorite online community and hoping that all who are on this exciting journey are having as much fun with USCIS as I am.

I know fun is an odd term with USCIS, but that is the only thing my better half and I could come up with and not start cussing.

So here is the funny part. A year ago people in my neck of the woods on the east coast filed these petitions at the Vermont Service center. Now we are required to file at Illinios which we did a couple months ago. She had her bio done and all was going fine. Then we got an RFE from Ohio saying that there was no I-864 filed with the I-485. Now you guys know I am meticulous to a fault so this could not have happened. But me being me and not wanting to piss the federal goverment off decided to resend the I-864 . Good thing I kept copies of everything. Had the originals resigned and was ready to send when I got another RFE from Ohio that the I-864 that was submitted with the application does not show that I have income to meet the 125% treshold. Not giving info here but I am way pat double the $25,000.00 required for a 4 member household. But I was confused because one RFE said they did not receive it and the other said that they recieved it but it was not enough. So I sent the "Did not recieve " one back with documents and then sent the other one with the same I-864 and socuments and copied the poverty guideline and highlighted the amount needed and attached a note. Ok so we seems to have gotten past that. Now the application is transferred to California service Center.

I am trying to remain calm cause I do not want iffeisha panicking or getting concerned, but from Illionios to Ohio to California. What is this USCIS version of musical chairs. Now they are going to lose something again aren't they? Is anyone who is in the I-485 filing stage getting this kind of confusion with USCIS or is it my Caribbean mo jo just acting up here. I guess all I can say to anyone who is dealing with USCIS is just keep copies of everything you send these people. I swear if my staff worked with suck ineffeciency as these people, I will fire all thier asses and get new staff. Maybe that is why I never have problems with my staff getting the work done in the office.

Ok, so I have fussed enough for today. See you guys sometime around Valentine!

Hi everyone--

I'm getting ready for my interview in 4 or 5 weeks... I hope I have everything together, Do you think i should take my w-2 from this past tax year as well as the transcript from 2005? The expenses are becoming overwhelming for me and my hubby, everything costs so much and i'm still a student, but i'm happy i'll get my degree in May and my husband will be there to cheer for me. So right now its getting to crunch time! i'm not really thinking about the interview for some reason, but i think i should. I'd been so anxious to get a date and now that i have gotten the date, Im feeling really relieved. I did have a nightmare that i forgot to bring something to the interview, though. Is it a fact that we have to have to 2 copies of my husband's birth certificate? I don't see why they would need that. Well, anyway just saying hi!.. susanwill's interview was yesterday and i'm praying that everything went fine. She's probably the only one that can 100% accurate info.

Timeline
Hi everyone--

I'm getting ready for my interview in 4 or 5 weeks... I hope I have everything together, Do you think i should take my w-2 from this past tax year as well as the transcript from 2005? The expenses are becoming overwhelming for me and my hubby, everything costs so much and i'm still a student, but i'm happy i'll get my degree in May and my husband will be there to cheer for me. So right now its getting to crunch time! i'm not really thinking about the interview for some reason, but i think i should. I'd been so anxious to get a date and now that i have gotten the date, Im feeling really relieved. I did have a nightmare that i forgot to bring something to the interview, though. Is it a fact that we have to have to 2 copies of my husband's birth certificate? I don't see why they would need that. Well, anyway just saying hi!.. susanwill's interview was yesterday and i'm praying that everything went fine. She's probably the only one that can 100% accurate info.

You should definitely take your W-2 from this past year, and transcripts as well...in fact, they require you take them from the last 3 years...and having had an interview in December I can tell you that they asked for all 3...some people say they do, some say they don't...but if were you, I would err on the side of caution! Good luck!

BTW, does anyone on this forum who lives in the Maryland/DC area know of a good immigration attorney? I just received a letter from the Embassy of Jamaica addressed to my Senator's inquiries about our case, and it was just as I suspected--THEY HAVE LIED AND MESSED UP!! But, what's good now is that I have written documented proof about the discrepancies and lies from the Visa chief himself---so now---I'm ready to wage war against these people!! :diablo::ranting::protest::angry:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
I GOT MY NOA 1! :dance:

Good luck Susanwill (F)

Congrats!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

BTW, does anyone on this forum who lives in the Maryland/DC area know of a good immigration attorney? I just received a letter from the Embassy of Jamaica addressed to my Senator's inquiries about our case, and it was just as I suspected--THEY HAVE LIED AND MESSED UP!! But, what's good now is that I have written documented proof about the discrepancies and lies from the Visa chief himself---so now---I'm ready to wage war against these people!! :diablo::ranting::protest::angry:

WOAH! What's this? Please explain! You can PM me if you like!

Timeline
Hi everyone--

You should definitely take your W-2 from this past year, and transcripts as well...in fact, they require you take them from the last 3 years...and having had an interview in December I can tell you that they asked for all 3...some people say they do, some say they don't...but if were you, I would err on the side of caution! Good luck!

Cambutler - I agree. I would any and everything b/c one CO might ask one couple and another CO might not. So to be on the safe side I would bring the W2 and the copies of the birth cert. I think they just need a copy not the original for their records.

Belly Girl - I wish you luck and hope everything works out. It's about time someone put the Embassy ppl in their place. It's just to show they are in fact trying their hardest to fail us. You go girl!!!!

Anna

Edited by nyseness

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
[

Good for you :thumbs: I hope this brings the attention and action that your case deserves.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hi everyone--

Hello everyone!!

Just curious...why would you need an attorney for this? Wouldn't the senator you worked with address this matter with the embassy directly???? I would hold off on the attorney costs until your senator works it out.

Timeline

Hey Jill :energetic:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Hi everyone--

Hello everyone!!

Just curious...why would you need an attorney for this? Wouldn't the senator you worked with address this matter with the embassy directly???? I would hold off on the attorney costs until your senator works it out.

I agree. Hold off on spending anymore money right now. They have admitted to messing up and now THEY have to clean it up. See what your senator can do. What and how did they mess up and lie? Good luck.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.