Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello ladies....couple quick questions....

when we were at the embassy they said something to mike about cheking in at the post office??? does this make sense to anyone??

If he meets this criteria he has to register with Selective Service:

What is Selective Service Registration?

Selective Service registration allows the United States Government to maintain a list of names of men who may be called into military service in case of a national emergency requiring rapid expansion of the U.S. Armed Forces. By registering all young men, the Selective Service can ensure that any future draft will be fair and equitable.

Federal law requires that men who are at least 18 years old, but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with Selective Service. This includes all male non-citizens within these age limits who permanently reside in the United States. Men with "green cards" (lawful permanent residents) must register. Men living in the United States without INS documentation (undocumented aliens) must also register. But men cannot register after reaching age 26.

I guess we need to do this :huh:

I just went out and checked my mail box.. I got my approval letter today my case has been forwarded to the NVC :dance::dance:

:thumbs: Congrats

The alternater burned out on my husbands car, for the second time :huh: The good thing about it my darling :luv: husband was able to take out the old one and put a new one in. You guys should have seen him. Just :D Talking bout they should have known better not to let a Ja'can in the work area the last time :lol:

I have a question for all those who's loved ones have received their Visa's. How long from the interview and approval to when they received their actual Visa in hand? I would like to go down to my husbands interview and then have him and his daughter fly home with me, but I'm thinking that it's too risky to assume we'll have their Visa's in hand in 4-5 days. Unless I can convince him that he will be okay flying here on his own, he's going to have to do the interview without me. :(

I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you, then I can do some planning!! :)

Ours was the next day. Think 4-5 days is about average.

We didn't register with SS and don't plan to (shhhh) I wish they would try and draft my man! I'd cut off a foot if need be to keep him out of the military :lol:

D does not plan on becoming a citizen (a decision I support 1000%)

:yes::lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey peeps

I'm supposed to be doing some class assignments but that ain't happenin right now. Just wanted to check in again and see how everyone is doing.

We haven't had a discussion thread in a while so here's a new topic:

For those with their spouse here/visa approved: One piece of advice you'd give to those still in their visa process (in regards to life here in states, dealing with immigration, communication, etc.)?

The one thing I took for granted was the fact that my husband had a ton of work experience in Jamaica and I assumed (:wacko:) that he would get a job quickly. When his work permit got approved in July, it took almost three months before he landed his job. He started GED classes shortly after he arrived (as recommended by college counselor to start university again) but he was ready to "make his own money". Volunteer work is something I'd recommend, as it's something to be added to your spouse's resume, but also a way to network and make connections so that when the work permit is approved, there is a good chance that your spouse could be hired at place volunteer work was done, higher-up can recommend spouse to others for hire, or even get some good professional references and letters of recommendation.

I would say that Communication is the key. Talk and talk, clarify, restate, talk and restate, and clarify some more. :yes: I cannot tell you how many arguments we have had b/c we assumed one meant something they didn't. Be prepared to enjoy the man of your dreams. Do you know how to be a wife??? We think we want a husband. :huh: I didn't know the real meaning of being a wife, until God sent me my husband. So think long and hard for what you ask for you might just get it and not know what to do with it ;)

Do you know how to be a wife??? We think we want a husband. :huh: I didn't know the real meaning of being a wife, until God sent me my husband. So think long and hard for what you ask for you might just get it and not know what to do with it ;)
Do you know how to be a wife??? That is HUGE!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just went out and checked my mail box.. I got my approval letter today my case has been forwarded to the NVC :dance::dance:

Congrats!!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

I think we should start another topic for the day. Any suggestions?

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

I'm hungry :(

and annoyed. I want my damngonit green card!!!!! :angry:

Can you tell Aunt Flow's in the house? :(

Can anyone say MIDOL :lol:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

I think we should start another topic for the day. Any suggestions?

Rhonda will come up with one later tonight. :D

I'm hungry :(

and annoyed. I want my damngonit green card!!!!! :angry:

Can you tell Aunt Flow's in the house? :(

Can anyone say MIDOL :lol:

I'm better now :whistle:

Timeline

Everyone have a good night I am off to bed now. I caught a bug from the kids. Taking a sick day tomorrow so I will be ready for their winter program on this Friday and Next Wed. I couldn't talk by the end of the day so its time to rest the vocal chords

:luv:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
Everyone have a good night I am off to bed now. I caught a bug from the kids. Taking a sick day tomorrow so I will be ready for their winter program on this Friday and Next Wed. I couldn't talk by the end of the day so its time to rest the vocal chords

Feel better Jax :luv:

Timeline

Hope you feel better soon Jax

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks everyone...i had looked of the forums before about the SS...was jsut feeling lazy to go look again :P

i guess i will have to take him to the post office...that whole thing sucks...i don't want him to be in the system for the draft :( ohhh weellll......

well mike liked the mall....he said can we go to a bigger mall next weekend? :lol::lol: he didn't seem to overwhelmed...but wanted to go into EVERY single store....it was cute....

the whole i have no friends has set in...where i live is not in the city and everywhere you go you need to drive or take a bus....and if you take a bus you have to transfer....i know i need to let him go out and explore i realize this....but i am just SO scared and nervous that something will happen and "bad" people will pretend to be his friend and i feel like a worried mother....any of you go through this?? i am sure you all have....anywho that is all for tonight!!

jax feel better

Filed: Timeline
Do you know how to be a wife??? We think we want a husband. :huh: I didn't know the real meaning of being a wife, until God sent me my husband. So think long and hard for what you ask for you might just get it and not know what to do with it ;)

That's a good point Denise. In the most successful marriages that I have personally seen; if you have a truly good man and a great husband-then those qualites almost always bring out the best in the woman. So if the man takes the lead in being a good husband and father then it almost always follows that the woman will be a good wife. So another point of view is "does your man know how to be a husband?"

Glad to hear you're feeling better too :) . I'm sure you'll get some good news soon.

Ann-how did George make out?

Timeline

That's a good point Denise. In the most successful marriages that I have personally seen; if you have a truly good man and a great husband-then those qualites almost always bring out the best in the woman. So if the man takes the lead in being a good husband and father then it almost always follows that the woman will be a good wife. So another point of view is "does your man know how to be a husband?"

QUESTION ?

What is everyone's definition of a WIFE and HUSBAND ??

Timeline

Ok I'm back with another question :huh: My fiancee told me last night that his phone broke :o He has another phone... But the one that is broken is the one that is listed on the paper work :(

My question is... Once the Embassy receives the paper work how do they contact him?? By phone or by mail?

If they can't contact him by phone will they contact me? When would be a good time to get the police records and physical? His mother can't find his shot record so I guess he's going to have to get all the required shots :o

Anyway I said I wanted to ask "a" question and I've asked several :lol: So I guess I'll stop here :yes:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.