6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

quote name='FutureMrs' date='Dec 2 2006, 02:00 PM' post='599843']

Thanks for the info.. I went and clicked on the case, and the message is still the same... I'm just glad I've finally been touched.

[/color]

Hang in there hun! You know we are all rooting for you!

Thanks FutureMrs.

I am definately hanging in there :yes:

Congrads on Mailing your I-129F :dance: :dance

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Timeline

Thanks FutureMrs.

I am definately hanging in there :yes:

Congrads on Mailing your I-129F :dance: :dance

Thanks in advance! We are still waiting for Marlon to receive his divorce decree from Birmingham, England, once he gets that he will be mailing me everything I need from him so we can file. I so hope we can file before the I29F form expires the end of this month! I have been on pins and needles waiting becuase I am soooo anxious to get the first step done! I will say that I am so happy to have Marlon and the fact that he already obtained his police records from Jamaica. However, he needs to get them from Scotland Yard as well because he lived in Enland for over 6 years. I can't help but feel so overwhelmed about the whole process! I am so glad to have found this website as well as this particular forum because I love to read the success stories of the people here and I don't feel so alone! So thanks to all of my Yardie family :thumbs:

Well, if only I could learn more about the elusive and bossy Jamaican man! rofl :help: Anyways, I am off to shower and head to work. So thanks again! So much for staying away from a most addicting website during final exams time! lol :unsure:

Well, if only I could learn more about the elusive and bossy Jamaican man! rofl :help:
:lol::wacko::lol: Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey peeps

I'm supposed to be doing some class assignments but that ain't happenin right now. Just wanted to check in again and see how everyone is doing.

We haven't had a discussion thread in a while so here's a new topic:

For those with their spouse here/visa approved: One piece of advice you'd give to those still in their visa process (in regards to life here in states, dealing with immigration, communication, etc.)?

The one thing I took for granted was the fact that my husband had a ton of work experience in Jamaica and I assumed (:wacko:) that he would get a job quickly. When his work permit got approved in July, it took almost three months before he landed his job. He started GED classes shortly after he arrived (as recommended by college counselor to start university again) but he was ready to "make his own money". Volunteer work is something I'd recommend, as it's something to be added to your spouse's resume, but also a way to network and make connections so that when the work permit is approved, there is a good chance that your spouse could be hired at place volunteer work was done, higher-up can recommend spouse to others for hire, or even get some good professional references and letters of recommendation.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

I TOTALLY took for granted that it would take him such a long time to find a job. I think we (okay, I) filled out at least 40 applications. He got three interviews and hired for two of the jobs. I suggest......while waiting for the EAD/GC --

Get his drivers license (that way he won't have to rely on you for transportation once he is able to work/look for work)

Get job applications and fill them out BEFORE he has approval (they take forever and it gets boring filling out the same information over and over again)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Bears win Yippee we are the Champions of the NFC north division. Boy it was a nice cold one today. Dressed up in my snowmobile suit. I called myself Marshmellow woman...

I can't wait for these 2 1/2 weeks to be over so I can go to JA for Christmas.

My husband is wanting a car so bad when he gets here. What did you ladies do about this issue? He wants a manul versues an automatic too. I just don't know about the manul I have never driven one and think automatic would be better. I would like to save and get a car for him as soon as possible but I still have a year of car payments left on my car.

Everyone have a goodnight!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have a great Christmas in JA - I will be there next Christmas for Gran Market night for sure :thumbs:

In regards to the car, it really depends on your finances and if he will be able to work as soon as he gets here. Can you afford another car payment and insurance on one salary, or will he be working also? I would take that into consideration and see how things go when he gets here. Wouldn't hurt to have at least a down payment amount saved just in case.

Bears win Yippee we are the Champions of the NFC north division. Boy it was a nice cold one today. Dressed up in my snowmobile suit. I called myself Marshmellow woman...

My husband is wanting a car so bad when he gets here. What did you ladies do about this issue? He wants a manul versues an automatic too. I just don't know about the manul I have never driven one and think automatic would be better. I would like to save and get a car for him as soon as possible but I still have a year of car payments left on my car.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Have a great Christmas in JA - I will be there next Christmas for Gran Market night for sure :thumbs:

In regards to the car, it really depends on your finances and if he will be able to work as soon as he gets here. Can you afford another car payment and insurance on one salary, or will he be working also? I would take that into consideration and see how things go when he gets here. Wouldn't hurt to have at least a down payment amount saved just in case.

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping to get my car paid off as soon as I can. Then the only real debt I have is my house. If I teach summer school then we will have a down payment. I really want to pay cash for it I hate car payments.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

well it is finally in the 30's mike went outside with just a zipper up sweatshirt and came running back.... :lol::lol: it was just toooooo cute for words....we are off to a craft show first then the mall wish us luck that i don't come back home with a frozen Jamaican :lol:

I guess he didn't realize just how cold it was :lol::lol:

I have a funny story about that from when Tony first got here. On his first morning he wakes me up and says hurry up and come outside - it's beautiful out! Keep in mind it was the middle of October in Michigan and only about 50 degrees! Tony was wearing shorts and a t-shirt :no: I asked him have YOU been outside? And he says no, but the sun is shining and it's nice out. I told him he better go outside and check the weather. He comes running back inside and pulls on jeans and a sweatshirt. He thought if the sun was shining it was warm out! :o:lol: I laughed my butt off! I told him the sun could be out and shining bright and it could be 20 degrees outside :D Now he checks the weather BEFORE he gets dressed!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

For those with their spouse here/visa approved: One piece of advice you'd give to those still in their visa process (in regards to life here in states, dealing with immigration, communication, etc.)?

Oh my gosh, where to begin.... :wacko: Definately get his license as soon as possible. Even if he doesn't have a car for awhile, at least he can drive YOU around for a change when you go places together. (You'll know what I mean by this after you've driven HIM around everywhere for about 4 months straight!) Also, if possible, get him a bicycle immediately so at least he has some way to get around when he's stuck home alone - also he can learn his way around a little bit

Have him take ESL (english as second language) classes or GED classes right when he first gets here. This will help him for a number of reasons: 1.) get him out of the house and give him something to do since he can't work yet 2.) help his languang/reading/writing skills 3.) let him meet new people since you're the ONLY one he sees most of the time 4.) help him feel at least slightly independant

Make sure you locate a Jamaican or Caribbean store so you can get some of the foods he likes - comes in handy when he's feeling homesick or he's bored and wants to cook JA food :D bonus for you- you get to eat whatever he cooks (and if he's like Tony the ONLY thing he knows how to cook is JA food so you're gonna need the right ingrediants)

I have so much more, but I should probably get back to work now :blush:

My husband is wanting a car so bad when he gets here. What did you ladies do about this issue?

Luckily for Tony I had two vehicles when he got here. When he got his license I let him drive my truck some times and I drove my car. We got lucky though and one of his first jobs, his boss used to pick him up for work and he would just ride with him. About a year after he had been here, I bought him a used car. It's a bit older but it does the job. I think it cost $2000. He's saving for something a little better, but it's a long, tough process because he doesn't make that much to begin with :wacko:

I own a manual but it's a sports car and that actually increases the cars value. Certain trucks and jeeps are about the only other vehicles that a manual is actually a "good" thing :blush: Why does he want a manual so badly? Can you explain to him that in the city, they are not necessarily ideal because of traffic and all the stop-and-go?? Good luck. Try autotrader . com to look for used cars for sale in your area. That's what I use a lot.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Oh my gosh, where to begin.... :wacko: Definately get his license as soon as possible. Even if he doesn't have a car for awhile, at least he can drive YOU around for a change when you go places together. (You'll know what I mean by this after you've driven HIM around everywhere for about 4 months straight!) Also, if possible, get him a bicycle immediately so at least he has some way to get around when he's stuck home alone - also he can learn his way around a little bit

Have him take ESL (english as second language) classes or GED classes right when he first gets here. This will help him for a number of reasons: 1.) get him out of the house and give him something to do since he can't work yet 2.) help his languang/reading/writing skills 3.) let him meet new people since you're the ONLY one he sees most of the time 4.) help him feel at least slightly independant

Make sure you locate a Jamaican or Caribbean store so you can get some of the foods he likes - comes in handy when he's feeling homesick or he's bored and wants to cook JA food :D bonus for you- you get to eat whatever he cooks (and if he's like Tony the ONLY thing he knows how to cook is JA food so you're gonna need the right ingrediants)

I have so much more, but I should probably get back to work now :blush:

My husband is wanting a car so bad when he gets here. What did you ladies do about this issue?

Luckily for Tony I had two vehicles when he got here. When he got his license I let him drive my truck some times and I drove my car. We got lucky though and one of his first jobs, his boss used to pick him up for work and he would just ride with him. About a year after he had been here, I bought him a used car. It's a bit older but it does the job. I think it cost $2000. He's saving for something a little better, but it's a long, tough process because he doesn't make that much to begin with :wacko:

I own a manual but it's a sports car and that actually increases the cars value. Certain trucks and jeeps are about the only other vehicles that a manual is actually a "good" thing :blush: Why does he want a manual so badly? Can you explain to him that in the city, they are not necessarily ideal because of traffic and all the stop-and-go?? Good luck. Try autotrader . com to look for used cars for sale in your area. That's what I use a lot.

Wow that was lucky to have to cars. Thanks for the advice Rhonda. I will check that site for used cars. I am thinking that going the CR1 way he will be able to work in a month because he will have Soc card by then so I am hoping he can drive too. Hopefully I will get a nice tax return in March and we can get a car for him. He has decided to go to school full time so this process will at least take 5 years. So I know if he gets a part time job he isn't going to make a lot. I am thinking about get my second masters so I can move up on the salary schedule. Masters will be a lot quicker than waiting for him to make money after school. I think I one the argument he said whatever you want he will go with autmatic. He thinks that he is learning everything new so the least thing I could do was to learn how to drive stick. I just don'e know.

Everyone have a goodmorning :)!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The Embassy is sooooo frustrating.................I can't reach a living soul to ask if they've issued the actual visa, or if they will today, or if they will tomorrow, or if i need to change the plane ticket for Wednesday. ARRGHH!

Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.