Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HOw exactly do you text message from your computer?

Ann

Sorry to go off topic, but am I the only one that did not know this?

You can text message to JA from your computer for free: :o

XXXXXXX@digitextjm.com

876XXXXXXX@cwmobile.com

:thumbs:

Who has had their medical at Hope in Montego Bay? (George is going in the morning).

Ann

(BelwinMills @ Nov 12 2006, 12:14 PM)

Sorry to go off topic, but am I the only one that did not know this?

You can text message to JA from your computer for free:

XXXXXXX@digitextjm.com

876XXXXXXX@cwmobile.com

hey explain to mi

just how this works plz,

cuz if i could use that i'd be happy!

Thanks Jax

Use their phone number @ either of the digitextjm.com or cwmobile.com (whatever one they have)

and send it like you would any other email. Just make sure you don't type too long...usually one sentence across 3/4 of your comp screen is the longest you can do...they will recieve it like any other text from your email address...they can also text you back (tho not for free) to your email. Andre and I used to do this all the time and it was sooooo convienent.

Jamie had answered this the other day for me.

--------------------

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am off for Thanksgiving... But I have to work the day after :angry: which is one of my most favorite days of the year.... The kick off to holiday shopping :dance:

You're brave! :yes: I won't go near the malls that day. They are just too crazy, the lines are too long, there is no where to park, ..... :wacko: My mom and her friend go every year though rain or shine.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Andre and I used to do this all the time and it was sooooo convienent.

Jamie, how are you? We haven't seen you in these parts in awhile! :no: Don't be a stranger ;)

She has developed a great rapport with my family so the clothes situation has been solved. They offered her directly and she accepted and actually has begun wearing. My grandmother who is suffering with cancer was so sweet she gave her the jewelry for the wedding and gave her so much clothes and jewelry for other things we are having an issue with space. This has been easier than I thought especially with my sister who is very protective. They are already shopping buddies.

That is great that she's getting along so well with your family :yes: That's very important and I'm sure it will make things even easier for you guys. Get used to the lack of space! It's a female thing :P I have both double closets filled to the brim in our room - Tony uses the closet in the spare room :innocent:

Sorry you had to postpone the wedding. Good luck THIS Friday!!

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

some interesting news about becoming a US citizen....the test might be changing...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/13/citizensh...t.ap/index.html

That sucks :o That test is already difficult enough and they're talking about making it even harder?!! How is anyone going to pass it? I've tried the example test questions on-line and I couldn't even answer some of them and I've lived here my whole life! :help:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
She picked her dress out and rumor has it that it is a killer. I was not allowed to see it though. But we are coming along fine. She has developed a great rapport with my family so the clothes situation has been solved. They offered her directly and she accepted and actually has begun wearing. My grandmother who is suffering with cancer was so sweet she gave her the jewelry for the wedding and gave her so much clothes and jewelry for other things we are having an issue with space. This has been easier than I thought especially with my sister who is very protective. They are already shopping buddies.

Will keep you guys posted about what happens after Friday.

Stephen I would love to see the pics from your wedding. We have a group on yahoo where we mainly post pics-you have to ask Ms Squitto for an invite-or if you don't mind please PM me if you share your pics online. I love to look at wedding dresses. I'm a clothes horse :blush:

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

Who has had their medical at Hope in Montego Bay? (George is going in the morning).

Ann

Best wishes to George today on his medical; hopefully it won't be too painful if he has to get injections.

ladies please keep mike and i in your thoughts for tomorow..

you already know :thumbs:

We'll be waiting for the good news today Shauna!!!

You're brave! :yes: I won't go near the malls that day. They are just too crazy, the lines are too long, there is no where to park, ..... :wacko: My mom and her friend go every year though rain or shine.

I'm with you Rhonda. I have to work anyways but some stores open as early as 5:00 am and there are lines even at that time.

Timeline

All the best today Shauna. Can't wait to hear the good news.

:yes:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Okay -- Just a warning ......for anyone (who might be) driving in the south suburbs of Chicago....Roy passed the written test yesterday and got his drivers permit. He actually passed the first time out. The driving instructor really put him through the ringer before he would take him for the test.....but, he passed and we are all so happy. He will be driving with the instructor for five hours....then with me :wacko: I am taking donations for valium....send it all my way :lol:

which is one of my most favorite days of the year.... The kick off to holiday shopping :dance:
The stores by my house are opening at MIDNIGHT -- I have never been the type to go shopping that day -- just like Rhonda -- I stay as far away as possible. BUT, I think I just might have to drag Roy out to experience this weird American tradition :lol:

Shauna -- I have a good feeling about this.....:thumbs: Try to relax.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Okay -- Just a warning ......for anyone (who might be) driving in the south suburbs of Chicago....Roy passed the written test yesterday and got his drivers permit. He actually passed the first time out. The driving instructor really put him through the ringer before he would take him for the test.....but, he passed and we are all so happy. He will be driving with the instructor for five hours....then with me :wacko: I am taking donations for valium....send it all my way :lol:
which is one of my most favorite days of the year.... The kick off to holiday shopping :dance:
The stores by my house are opening at MIDNIGHT -- I have never been the type to go shopping that day -- just like Rhonda -- I stay as far away as possible. BUT, I think I just might have to drag Roy out to experience this weird American tradition :lol:

Shauna -- I have a good feeling about this.....:thumbs: Try to relax.....

I was going to try and teach Verton to drive when he gets here. Then i started having flash backs :crying:

about the drivers in Jamaica .I think I am going to pay someone else to risk their Life :hehe: .

:luv: Tanya

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well for whatever reason i am the lucky person that the process has been made hard for :(

mike got there and was standing on the other side of the road and the securtiy guard announced....NO BLUE PAPERS TODAY :(:(

i'm a little frustrated because since when does the embassy get to make the rules...on the back of the paper it says nothing about today being an exception....i am just so pissed...i told mike to go and try to beg the officer to let him in because i already booked his flight for next thursday...and well of course he wouldn't...so here i sit for 2 more days until he has to go back....

i just don't understand why these things are being made so difficult for us...i'm trying to be a good sport about it and yes i know he has thursday but there are other problems like the visa what if he doesn't get it in time...the way our luck has been going he won't...i just feel like i am going to have a break down...

Shauna -- I wish I could think of something to say that would make you feel better (F) ....I can just imagine how you are "throwing" youself against the wall today. Yes, Thursday is another day....and everything happens for a reason....try not to get too down. It will all be okay and when Mike is here you will be laughing about all this....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Welcome to the newbies and best of luck to everyone waiting for interview dates. We've been blessed, and Monday marked the first month of his employment :yes:

He's going to DMV tomorrow to take test for permit, but I think he'll pass on the first try. I can't believe next week will be 9 months we've been married - and Thanksgiving. Right now we're thinking of brown stew chicken, rice an peas, salad, and maybe mac and cheese as our meal (I am so sick of turkey and dressing) IF he does not have to work (you know the tourism industry is open 24/7).

Gotta make some runs but I'll be back later

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline

Mi too!!!!! :lol:

We got into the biggest argument over this this weekned....or should I say, he started screaming at me cause, It takes two to arugue...I just sat there taking in the hot air :lol: He threaten to go back to JA...Cause all I do is sat in the drivers seat with my "TRIKING EYES CLOSED!!!!!...likes he's going to "Meet in an accident", :lol: He swears If I say something else about his driving it's over :unsure: I don't truest him and rey, rey :( .....Lord please help me. Cause I thought he was going to for sure run into the back of someone, cause they were already on the breaks, and he...was still seeping toward them...What am I going to do :unsure:

Shauna -- I wish I could think of something to say that would make you feel better (F) ....I can just imagine how you are "throwing" youself against the wall today. Yes, Thursday is another day....and everything happens for a reason....try not to get too down. It will all be okay and when Mike is here you will be laughing about all this....

Ditto. (F) Probably could have slipped him a twenty dollar bill, he would have changed his mind.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Hello everyone.

I have some good news. Javon has the marriage cert and will be sending it to me along w/his son's birth cert this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to file by Thanksgiving.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

well for whatever reason i am the lucky person that the process has been made hard for :(

mike got there and was standing on the other side of the road and the securtiy guard announced....NO BLUE PAPERS TODAY :(:(

i'm a little frustrated because since when does the embassy get to make the rules...on the back of the paper it says nothing about today being an exception....i am just so pissed...i told mike to go and try to beg the officer to let him in because i already booked his flight for next thursday...and well of course he wouldn't...so here i sit for 2 more days until he has to go back....

i just don't understand why these things are being made so difficult for us...i'm trying to be a good sport about it and yes i know he has thursday but there are other problems like the visa what if he doesn't get it in time...the way our luck has been going he won't...i just feel like i am going to have a break down...

Shauna I am so sorry but guess what he will get the visa on time and he will be on that plane!!!!!! POSITIVE THOUGHTS RULE!!!!!! From the Dirty South Much Support.

Tanya(Atlanta Georgia)

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.