Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone (and afternoon to the east-coasters)

Just stopping in to say hi. Be back after class (preparing income taxes for the State...yawn -_-)

Again, welcome Tali

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Julie! How are you!! Any day now, eh? Michael must be so excited. I know Henry would be beside himself. Hopefully one day.

(Pls tell where you are registered again :help: )

Hey :D

I'm doing good - I'm due just one week from today! We are both SO excited... and anxious :clock: It feels like these last weeks are taking forever. And yes, one day you will waddling around just like me! It's only a matter of time.

We're registered at Target :thumbs:

Damien comes home tonight (L) We had a wonderful trip...7 of my closest friends traveled with us. My friends and I did lots of tourist stuff while Damien chilled with his friends and family. Damien went to the Sumfest the last 3 nights. I only made it one night...I saw Richie Spice, Lady Saw, G-Unit and Sizzla performances. My friends left Monday and I left Wednesday. Pictures will come soon.

Wow - sounds like a great trip sjb! How fun that you had so many friends go with, now that sounds like a great time :thumbs:

7 days :luv: Time is flying. How exciting :thumbs: I'm so happy for you two.

Elizabeth - your day is coming soon.

I can't wait to see Damien tonight. We talk 3-4 times a day. It feels like Nov 25, 2004 all over again (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Julie! How are you!! Any day now, eh? Michael must be so excited. I know Henry would be beside himself. Hopefully one day.

I'm doing good - I'm due just one week from today! We are both SO excited... and anxious :clock: It feels like these last weeks are taking forever. And yes, one day you will waddling around just like me! It's only a matter of time.

Damien comes home tonight (L) We had a wonderful trip...7 of my closest friends traveled with us. My friends and I did lots of tourist stuff while Damien chilled with his friends and family. Damien went to the Sumfest the last 3 nights. I only made it one night...I saw Richie Spice, Lady Saw, G-Unit and Sizzla performances. My friends left Monday and I left Wednesday. Pictures will come soon.

Wow - sounds like a great trip sjb! How fun that you had so many friends go with, now that sounds like a great time :thumbs:

Julie-You must be sooo excited.......Do you have the babaies room finshed or will he be sleeping in your room for now?

Welcome back Shemonya!!! You also must be excited to see Damien...... I am glad to hear that you had a great vacations...sounds fun!!!

Kelly...how is Craigs job going......Did he start the new warehouse position today????

Quick questions for all you veterans......after your submit the AOS and your husband receives approval (green card).....What document does he use to travel back to Jamaica?????? Does he get a new passport or what happens...we are traveling back to Jamaica in April 2007 for his son's birthday....we should have the green card by then (God willing....) But I am not sure how that works.....HELP!!! :help:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Julie-You must be sooo excited.......Do you have the babaies room finshed or will he be sleeping in your room for now?

Welcome back Shemonya!!! You also must be excited to see Damien...... I am glad to hear that you had a great vacations...sounds fun!!!

Kelly...how is Craigs job going......Did he start the new warehouse position today????

Quick questions for all you veterans......after your submit the AOS and your husband receives approval (green card).....What document does he use to travel back to Jamaica?????? Does he get a new passport or what happens...we are traveling back to Jamaica in April 2007 for his son's birthday....we should have the green card by then (God willing....) But I am not sure how that works.....HELP!!! :help:

Hey Kim....

I won't know how the job is until I pick him up tonight....he'll be tired working 11 hours in a warehouse in this flippin heat !!

You can apply for an EAD when filing your paperwork, but I don't know the in between stuff. I would like to be able to have Craig travel (before the interview)...just in case....ya know, being in the travel industry....good deals, we gotta go !!

I'm glad that everything worked out at the Hilton. I liked that hotel. It was extremely convenient to the Embassy!

Please correct me if I'm wrong....veterans. We're going to go back, hopefully next year for our renewals....don't know when, just depends on the work and soccer schedules.

Kelly

Darah -- I had (and am still having) the same problems. You have to think of you and Henry FIRST. Everyone else comes AFTER your happiness. Yes, it is hard....but, what other people think and feel is not something that you have control over.

Stay strong and keep you head up. As it gets tough -- just remember how much you and Henry love each other (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
(F) Hello Ladies! It has been a long time since I have written but I have been creeping the forum watching all of your beautiful moments unfold. So much has happened in the past year for all of us, it's so amazing! I am writing now because I need some immediate support.

We have had on and off again discussions about our families and their support (or lack of) in the past. Now it is time for my confessions if you will. I have done all of this immigration and marriage stuff without any of my family members being aware of it. I am close to my family but so distant from them at the same time. My parents and sisters (one of them is starting to understand) have never approved of mine and Henry's relationship for more reasons than racial...over the years it has almost completely vanished from our conversations. When I made the decision to go through with the K1 I made that decision on my own and with the support of my very best friends who knew that I was doing what I had to do. I got married to Henry under the same pretense. For the past year I have had the most wonderful life. I speak with my family every week or so and chit chat about this and that, they never ask me about him and I constantly try to drop his name or talk about things that we have done..etc. My parents live in TX and I have a sister in Boston and Vermont. I have actually only seen them once in the past year so "lying" has been easy but the haunting of this has not.

Yesterday was our one year anniverary and while it was such a rewarding day for us and so accomplishing there was this lingering feeling of major anxiety. I am telling my family today that we eloped yesterday. The idea of telling them that we have been lying for the past year is too excruciating..especially as my mother recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't want them to be too hurt. We have decided that this is the best immediate solution in order to get the truth on the table and keep everyone's feelings in check. Now I am struggling with how to go about this confession. I am making the phone calls tonight. First I will call my parents, then my most opposing sister and finally my happy sister. I'm not even thinking about the immediate family and family friends yet as this is the main priority.

I am so excited to get everything off my chest but also terrified to hear the reactions. I have made a few jokes that I'm going to sit with my bottle of Jack Daniels and just bite the bullet...

If anyone has any advice to offer or is in a similar situation...please share your thoughts. I am waiting for 7PM to come for the first of the three dreaded phone calls. (F)

Happy 1st anniversary. Sorry I don't have any advice my parents have been wonderful through the whole process. But it did take them 6 years before they talked to him on the phone maybe thats because they know this is for real now. Best wishes and hugs. You and Henry love each other so thats all that counts cause you 2 have each other (L) .

I've stayed at El Greco many times and never saw any bugs. Someone on Jamaicans.com wrote a trip report saying they had bugs. I never had any security problems...just stayed there last week. I am deathly afraid of any critters so I would never stay somewhere with bugs. We like El Greco because of the privacy, quietness and yet close enough to walk everywhere..not the best hotel in Mo Bay but it will do. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks for easing my worries :D:yes: .. I think I read that on that page it was the only bad comment with the roaches and someone getting their belongings stolen. When I stayed with my college group there were bugs at the Verney House so this makes me worries go away. Is the pool there nice? Do you ever eat at there restrunt? Is the restrunt price? Thank goodness its quit. Where I usually stay Friday and Saturday nights are awful because there is a bar right next to my hotel room and when Dwain gets off of work he laughs cause I have the 2 pillows up against my ears as I try to read my book. I am so excited my parents told me they are paying for the hotel for our wedding gift. That is so fabulous I was worried about being farther in the hole and then paying for the visa when I got back. I love them so much (L)(F) !!

I am so going to miss all the presents coming to my door for the wedding. I don't know where to put the stuff. I have a bunch of stuff from my target register coming too. Sbys so your do date is around my wedding best wishes on your deleivery next week :D !!

I am off to finish those documents 129 and 130 wow

Stay cool everyone B)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hey Kim. Duane will use his green card and his Jamaican passport to travel. If he doesn't have his green card then apply for an advanced parole 90 days before you travel. We had to apply for an AP after our AOS interview due to security checks. Hope this helps.

Timeline

(F) Hello Ladies! It has been a long time since I have written but I have been creeping the forum watching all of your beautiful moments unfold. So much has happened in the past year for all of us, it's so amazing! I am writing now because I need some immediate support.

We have had on and off again discussions about our families and their support (or lack of) in the past. Now it is time for my confessions if you will. I have done all of this immigration and marriage stuff without any of my family members being aware of it. I am close to my family but so distant from them at the same time. My parents and sisters (one of them is starting to understand) have never approved of mine and Henry's relationship for more reasons than racial...over the years it has almost completely vanished from our conversations. When I made the decision to go through with the K1 I made that decision on my own and with the support of my very best friends who knew that I was doing what I had to do. I got married to Henry under the same pretense. For the past year I have had the most wonderful life. I speak with my family every week or so and chit chat about this and that, they never ask me about him and I constantly try to drop his name or talk about things that we have done..etc. My parents live in TX and I have a sister in Boston and Vermont. I have actually only seen them once in the past year so "lying" has been easy but the haunting of this has not.

Yesterday was our one year anniverary and while it was such a rewarding day for us and so accomplishing there was this lingering feeling of major anxiety. I am telling my family today that we eloped yesterday. The idea of telling them that we have been lying for the past year is too excruciating..especially as my mother recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't want them to be too hurt. We have decided that this is the best immediate solution in order to get the truth on the table and keep everyone's feelings in check. Now I am struggling with how to go about this confession. I am making the phone calls tonight. First I will call my parents, then my most opposing sister and finally my happy sister. I'm not even thinking about the immediate family and family friends yet as this is the main priority.

I am so excited to get everything off my chest but also terrified to hear the reactions. I have made a few jokes that I'm going to sit with my bottle of Jack Daniels and just bite the bullet...

If anyone has any advice to offer or is in a similar situation...please share your thoughts. I am waiting for 7PM to come for the first of the three dreaded phone calls. (F)

Happy 1st anniversary. Sorry I don't have any advice my parents have been wonderful through the whole process. But it did take them 6 years before they talked to him on the phone maybe thats because they know this is for real now. Best wishes and hugs. You and Henry love each other so thats all that counts cause you 2 have each other (L) .

I've stayed at El Greco many times and never saw any bugs. Someone on Jamaicans.com wrote a trip report saying they had bugs. I never had any security problems...just stayed there last week. I am deathly afraid of any critters so I would never stay somewhere with bugs. We like El Greco because of the privacy, quietness and yet close enough to walk everywhere..not the best hotel in Mo Bay but it will do. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks for easing my worries :D:yes: .. I think I read that on that page it was the only bad comment with the roaches and someone getting their belongings stolen. When I stayed with my college group there were bugs at the Verney House so this makes me worries go away. Is the pool there nice? Do you ever eat at there restrunt? Is the restrunt price? Thank goodness its quit. Where I usually stay Friday and Saturday nights are awful because there is a bar right next to my hotel room and when Dwain gets off of work he laughs cause I have the 2 pillows up against my ears as I try to read my book. I am so excited my parents told me they are paying for the hotel for our wedding gift. That is so fabulous I was worried about being farther in the hole and then paying for the visa when I got back. I love them so much (L)(F) !!

I am so going to miss all the presents coming to my door for the wedding. I don't know where to put the stuff. I have a bunch of stuff from my target register coming too. Sbys so your do date is around my wedding best wishes on your deleivery next week :D !!

I am off to finish those documents 129 and 130 wow

Stay cool everyone B)

Your parents are wonderful. Like I said, El Greco isn't a five star but I think it's a step up from the Wexford and other budget hotels in the area. El Greco is apartment style (bedroom, living room, kitchen, etc) so you'll have lots of room for your wedding items. We love the pool or at least it's okay for 3:00 am swim after a few drinks. :lol: Breakfast is free - Jamaican and American style overlooking Doctor's Cave beach. We don't eat other meals there. If we're in the area then we'll go Glocustershire hotel or the beach restuarants. We usually eat at families houses, downtown, or walk to the Pork Pit. And they offer free beach passes and towels. Security is pretty tight...they have guards in every building. They wouldn't let my father in law without an ID. You can rent a safe box for $3/night. If you see bugs or not pleased with your room - please let management know. Have a wonderful trip.

Timeline

Hey Kim. Duane will use his green card and his Jamaican passport to travel. If he doesn't have his green card then apply for an advanced parole 90 days before you travel. We had to apply for an AP after our AOS interview due to security checks. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help!!! We marry on August 17 and I plan to mail in all the paperwork on August 21. I may have many questions for you ladies!!!

OMG----- Could you imagine if Julie has her beby the day Jax gets married......that would be a great "yardies" day!!!!

Jax- You sound like you are getting pretty excited...what a nice present that your parents gave you.

Woogie and others...I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much pain. It is really awful that family makes it sooo hard on us sometimes. We do not have any control on who we fall in love with..it just happens......They should be glad that you are happy and that he treats you well....believe me...there are a lot of crazy men in this world and they should be happy that you have avoided bringing home one of them!!! :yes::yes::yes:

My family has been really supportive...they see how happy I am and they love Duane.....my sister is the only little BIIIIACH.........but she has her own issues and it would not matter who I brought home, she would hate em all......My son was a little weird about things until after Duane arrived. Now, he enjoys having another man in the house and they have been getting a long great......

So maybe time will help and after they see that your happiness is not going away, maybe they will adjust to the thought that you are truly in love......Good luck!! ((((((BIG HUGS))))))) (L)(L)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

You can wrap the box in Jamaican flags. Just print a bunch of Jamaican flag pictures off the internet. Use that paper to wrap your box!! I am sure he will be soooooooo excited!!!!! What a great surprise..... Are you staying at a hotel or with family in JA????

We're staying at a hotel in Ochi - Room on the Beach. I need my air conditioning and I love having a pool and the ocean right there. I'm reading all your comments to come up with how to give Tony his "present". Keep em coming. I'm just very limited on time :wacko: with working every day.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Darah, by now you have probably made your decision and told your family. I have to say that I have some of the same issues as you; as do probably most of us. Particularly cultural, educational and earning ability. But as the others have said it's best to let your family know and let them deal with it on their own terms. I know from past posts that you are sensitive to your family feelings but you really shouldn't have to hide your marriage. It's a fact of your life. It's also possible that they already know. I think that the guilt of trying to hide the details of your relationship is probably worse than what their reactions would be. You're in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your mom; I hope that she can overcome her illness.

Happy anniversary!

Timeline

Thanks for all your advice and comments. I will try and talk him into staying in Kingston again. Wish me luck!

A few paperwork questions (getting a bit paranoid before the big day)!

I have a marriage and divorce certificate. Both were provided with the original packet. I provided copies. The packet says they need certified copies of marriage and divorce decree. Do I really need to bring certified copies? My divorce paperwork is a certified copy - so I guess I can get another certified copy of that. But I don't have a certified copy of my marriage certificate.

I am going to get my I-134 notarized this week. Will bring copies of an employment letter, my last 3 pay stubs, and my last 3 years 1040 filings (with W2s attached). I am also going to get a bank statement. But on top of all of this, the I-134 talks about providing information on investments and life insurance. I feel that is really excessive. What am I supposed to do, copy all my 401k stuff?

BTW, I decided to reroute through JFK. It was a pain - and more than what I wanted to spend - but I don't plan on getting married until October and I don't want him stuck in the house.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Body Every Morning!! :D (Benny Hill Said That)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everybody...Happy Tuesday!!!

Squito started work yesterday. He's working at a furniture warehouse in Queens. So far he likes it. The people are nice and he even met someone from his hometown in Trelawny. We even get a nice discount which is very nice!! I feel like a proud mother who sends her child off to the first day of school. It's so nice to see his progress over the last few months that he's been here. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with my husband (L) . The challenges of the LDR and then all this immigration effery really brought us closer together. Yesterday, in the mail, we finally received Squito's "Welcome to America" letter. As we sat there reading it together, a feeling of peace and calm came over both of us and all we could do is look at each other and smile. The anxiety of our immigration ordeal has subsided...we don't have to think about it or deal with it for the next 2 years. That's such a wonderful feeling :yes::yes::yes:

The letter says his greencard should arrive within the next 3 weeks. We've made the final decision that we will be moving to CT soon. We can move now, the only thing that kept us here was his AOS case and not wanting to shake things up until an approval was handed down. We feel so free :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everybody...Happy Tuesday!!!

Squito started work yesterday. He's working at a furniture warehouse in Queens. So far he likes it. The people are nice and he even met someone from his hometown in Trelawny. We even get a nice discount which is very nice!! I feel like a proud mother who sends her child off to the first day of school. It's so nice to see his progress over the last few months that he's been here. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with my husband (L) . The challenges of the LDR and then all this immigration effery really brought us closer together. Yesterday, in the mail, we finally received Squito's "Welcome to America" letter. As we sat there reading it together, a feeling of peace and calm came over both of us and all we could do is look at each other and smile. The anxiety of our immigration ordeal has subsided...we don't have to think about it or deal with it for the next 2 years. That's such a wonderful feeling :yes::yes::yes:

The letter says his greencard should arrive within the next 3 weeks. We've made the final decision that we will be moving to CT soon. We can move now, the only thing that kept us here was his AOS case and not wanting to shake things up until an approval was handed down. We feel so free :dance::dance::dance:

Amen! and Wohoo!!! :D I am so glad for you!! Congrats to Squitto on his new job! Last night I woke Henry up to say "Hey, you have been at your job four months now!!!" He was like "yeah..............." roll over back to sleep. LOL But we can't take these milestones for granted. I don't believe in luck - God's been mighty good.

:yes::yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.