Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Timeline

JUST AN FYI -for anyone traveling during the Thanksgiving weekend....

11/6/2006 -

Travel experts predict crowded and congested airport security lines during this month’s Thanksgiving holiday travel period. The reason? Many Americans will head to the airports who haven’t flown since carry-on rules restricting liquids and gels were introduced this past summer.

The Air Tranport Association says more than 25 million passengers will hit the skies that week, with many airlines reporting load factors exceeding 80 percent.

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration recommends what it’s calling the “3-1-1” rule for air travel: Liquids and gels carried aboard a flight must be in containers that are three ounces or smaller, carried in only one one-quart transparent plastic bag, with a limit of one bag per passenger.

It’s the container size that counts -- not the amount of liquid or gel left in the container. (For example, you won’t get by with a six-ounce bottle of moisturizer that’s half full.)

AAA offers these additional reminders for the Thanksgiving travel season:

Program your travel agent’s phone number (and the airline’s 800 number) into your cell phones if you need help fast.

Fly as early during the Thanksgiving week as possible. Avoid the Tuesday and Wednesday before the holiday and the Sunday afterwards.

Fly as early in the day as possible, so that you’ll have more options for substitute flights if your current flight is delayed or canceled.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Saturday.

Michele - (F) Best wishes on your decision.

Tamisha - I hope you get an interview date soon :clock: .

Damien had a great week - he finally got his drivers license :help:

and a new job :dance: He accepted a postion at a Deer Park bottle water plant as a production technican. His main duty will be purifying water. The company has excellent benefits and he will work day time hours Monday through Friday. His salary almost doubled :dance: . He is finally out of the freezer. I am so proud of him :wub:

Enjoy the weekend.

Great to hear the good news. Congrats!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning (F)

Congrats to Damien and Shemanya. I am so happy for your family!

Best wishes to Julie and Michael (and of course the beautiful baby Elias)on their upcoming wedding in Negril on the 18th. They are leaving on the 13th for JA. Julie says hi to everyone; everyone in the family is doing fine; Elias is getting big and she hopes to post wedding pictures soon. I can't wait to see the pictures Julie.

Anna and Kelly I'll get back to you later today. I'm going to watch a "football" match that my JA'n friend at work plays in. It's only 29 degrees this a.m. We'll see how long I can stay out there. Yikes.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Michele (F)

Hello family.

Thanks for the update on Julie. I was thinking about her and new family recently...glad all is well :luv:

Timeline

Ok yall....I just e-mailed the Embassy w/ the word 'EXTENSION' in the subject line...I hope this works, as all my previous attempts to contact them have failed.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Where is everyone today????

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now that part one is finished and part two will not start until January I am lost. No checking on status, filing out forms or bugging the Embassy. I have so much free time now. :wacko:
Enjoy the peace & quiet....it is so nice....but I totally agree. I was "lost" for those few months that I didn't have anything to worry about....now that we are done with the AOS it was weird in the beginning but now I am thankful for the quiet.
since my parents file their taxes together and we are going to list my mom on the aff. of support do we need to fill out the other part to the 1-864??
What other part?
I was just going through my paperwork here and realized that our K-1 petition expires on 12/28...What should I do, seeing as how these B##@ches at the Embassy act like they can't even tell me an interview date? I think I should be preparing for the "what if" which seems like the inevitable! I sure wish these people would get it together...I have been so depressed the last few days... :(
I agree with Kelly. Put "Extension" in the subject line -- that will get their attention. The only thing you can do is bother them until they tell you something. Believe me, you won't be the first person who pestered them....I am sure my name (and picture) is STILL up in the middle of their dart board :lol: :lol:

i answerd my own question...there is another part called the household member sponser contract that goes along if you are using anyone elses income who lives in the household...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening everyone (F),

Good luck Bellysgirl w/ your extension (I'm sure everything will be fine).

Best wishes to Julie, Michael and baby Elias in Jamaica

Congrats on transfer to CSC Mrs. Jax

Nanny, if you have any questions about co-sponsor feel free to pm me

SJB and hubby, congrats on promotion

If I missed anyone, please add your name _________ and choose from the following:

good luck

congrats

hang in there

best wishes

Going home to my hubby :luv: I'll try to stop in tomorrow if things aren't crazy busy here

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

What is everyone doing on this wonderful Monday? I agree it is very quiet in here.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Good evening everyone (F),

Good luck Bellysgirl w/ your extension (I'm sure everything will be fine).

Best wishes to Julie, Michael and baby Elias in Jamaica

Congrats on transfer to CSC Mrs. Jax

Nanny, if you have any questions about co-sponsor feel free to pm me

SJB and hubby, congrats on promotion

If I missed anyone, please add your name Denise and choose from the following:

good luck

congrats

hang in there

best wishes

Going home to my hubby :luv: I'll try to stop in tomorrow if things aren't crazy busy here

Thanks for thinking of me :yes:

Working....watching my hubby put together my new treadmill :yes::thumbs::dance: Wait...now I have to excuse not to work out. :(:help:

Anyone seen my husbands green card :unsure: ??????

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi People,

I am back. My and my baby made it in yesterday. Came through JFK. They still do give work permits there if anyone wants to know. It was a lot smoother than we thought. Went to an old man who took about 10 mins to look at the paperwork. No questions asked. we just stood there. Then he said, "the names are different. How are you two related?" I said, "she is my fiance." He just started stamping like crazy. We took our stuff and walked away when he told us to go. When we looked at the I-94 if had an expiration date of 02/04/2008 and the employment authorization at the back of the I-194 had 02/04/2008 as an expiration date.! I was loke oh my God! A two year work permit, unbeleivable! Guess the Gods must have whispered in that old mans ear.

She is coping with the cold weather and all is set for the wedding on Friday. Next week we start the job hunting. Will be on regular later this week to catch up with the happenings.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back! Glad it was a smooth transition. Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.

Please stay in touch.

Hi People,

I am back. My and my baby made it in yesterday. Came through JFK. They still do give work permits there if anyone wants to know. It was a lot smoother than we thought. Went to an old man who took about 10 mins to look at the paperwork. No questions asked. we just stood there. Then he said, "the names are different. How are you two related?" I said, "she is my fiance." He just started stamping like crazy. We took our stuff and walked away when he told us to go. When we looked at the I-94 if had an expiration date of 02/04/2008 and the employment authorization at the back of the I-194 had 02/04/2008 as an expiration date.! I was loke oh my God! A two year work permit, unbeleivable! Guess the Gods must have whispered in that old mans ear.

She is coping with the cold weather and all is set for the wedding on Friday. Next week we start the job hunting. Will be on regular later this week to catch up with the happenings.

Is that really possible??? A two year work permit?

Edited by darlene

WE ARE DONE!!!

....and we take everything we can get -- and NOT complain.....Woo-Hoo!! :dance: :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.