Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome!!!

Unless they've changed something. The interviews will be togther. My husband's daughter was present during our interview. The interview just asked her what her name was. If my husband was her father and that was it.

Thank you for the welcome and information!! I love to read all the posts, there is so much information posted here! It's great! This whole process is very stressful.

I was wondering, did your husband have to get anything signed by his daughter's mother? It's hard for me to believe that they will give a child a Visa and let one parent take the child out of the country without the other parents approval, but what do I know. :wacko:

We did not reach that far. She was denied her visa because my husbands name was not on her birth certificate. So we are still working that out. But yes, sense then I learned that we will have to have written notarized permission from the mother when the time comes.Can you believe the damn lawyer didn't even think to have something drawn up for the mother to sign. If it hadn't had been for the birth certificate it would have been the fact that we did not have written permission. :( David said that he called to speak to his daughter this morning and the mother asked to speak to him. She asked what she needs to do next to help her daughter ge the visa :huh: I cannot believe it. She sent him papers to have him added to the birth certificate. I'm sure it's too late now. We will most likely have to get a blood test. I'm just wondering why she's so cooperative all of a sudden :huh:

Wow, I can't believe lawyers sometimes!! You go to them to avoid unforeseen problems and yet things like this still happen. I better make sure that my husband's name is on his daughters birth certificate and I do up a letter for both of them to sign and get notarized. When I asked my husband about notarizing documents he didn't seem to understand what I was talking about so hopefully he'll be able to find someone to do it. I'm guessing their banks would have some type of notary. Right now we're waiting for her passport, but we don't even know where it's at as the guy getting it for my husband is in the US visiting. Got to love that one! :wacko: I'm worried we won't get it before their interview. It's good that the mother of your husbands daughter is being cooperative. I guess you don't try to figure it out and just hope she's doing what's best for her daughter. I wouldn't think you'd have to get a blood test if both parents agree that he is the father, at least I'd hope you wouldn't. I'm just praying we can get my husbands daughter over without any drama from the mother. As far as I know, she's cooperative, but I've never met her. I know she wasn't too impressed with my caring for her daughters braids the first time we had her for a night and made sure she told my husband so. As I told my husband, I didn't know you brushed braids, but apparently I have a lot to learn about caring for his daughters hair. :unsure: But if I can learn about all this immigration stuff I can definitely learn how to do hair! :)

Again, thanks for your help! The instructions on how to get a spouses child over and what is absolutely needed is very vague. You'd almost think there would be a standard form for both parents to sign, and tell you that BOTH parents need to be on the birth certificate. I can't imagine that a spouse bringing a child with them is a rare thing, but hey what do I know. All I want is for them to say my husband and daughter can come to the US so we can start our marriage together..... and pray he doesn't get off the plane in the dead of winter and ask to go home! :P

Tell him to go to the JP (Justice of Peace). The pastor that married us is also one of them.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Help--medical forms? Does anyone know where i can get the medical forms on line? We were given a last minute appt for the interview Nov 7 because of a cancellation. Embassy is faxing him the appt letter, but says they can't fax the "form" he will need. Ideas?

Ann

We had to actually go pick it up from the embassy....ARGH!!!! I know it sounds frusterating but he needs it for sure........Also....be prepared for a possible delay at the embassy.....most people that have their medical very close to their appointment have to come back because the medical report and lab work were not ready in time......although they were told they were approved pending the results of the medical. Another thing to keep in mind.....if he is a smoker....he needs to make sure that he has not "indulged" in the last several weeks.......that stuff needs time to get out of the system.........Just some advice to help you get prepared. So glad that they were able to squeeze you in.....how exciting!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi fambly,

Me dey ya....AND it's offical......I am MARRIED!!!!!! I still can't believe it but I'm happy, truly happy. Thanks

Anna

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Timeline

Does anyone know where the Embassy is moving too?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Ok....took me a while but I was able to catch up. First off, congrats to NannyGirl, Darlene, Shar, and Trinilad on the interviews and visas. Jax congrats on the weight loss!!! If I forgot anyone I'm sorry just trying to do a million things at once.

Second of all, I would like to say JA is the most unorganized and lazy place I have ever seen. It rained for a few days while I was there and it's like the ppl was on hold. I even had to question why the kids didn't go to school when it was raining. No wonder some of them......uh..let me not go there.

Ok so originally the wedding was suppose to be on the 27th but due to some unforeseeable circumstances it happened on the 30th instead. Trust me JA'n ppl is something else. Now I have heard stores about the crime and stuff from friends and family but NEVER in my life have I been thru it. It is not a pretty sight. Basically I was in Spanish Town on Friday trying to tie up some loose ends and bam two cars block us in the corner and wanted to rob us. Luckily they didn't have a gun but it was scary nevertheless. I normally don't go to that part but my brother-in-law asked me to do something for him, so I said ok b/c it's family. People family my a**hole!!!!!! Don't trust NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes he had nothing to do w/it but his ppl did and it was a set-up, I was suppose to meet the guy in MoBay not inna town. Luckily we got out of it in one piece and nothing happened. When I say "mi fraid" it is an understatement. Something was telling me not to go and Javon was saying the same thing b/c of the area (John's Road) but my brother-in-law couldn't do it and I know he would have done the same for me. It was three of us that went to town (Javon's two sisters and myself). They had to do some shopping (you know girl stuff). Mi bawl out til we reached way on Mandeville.....I was in shock for days. Remind you MY OWN family didn't know I was in JA except for one of my cousins so for something to happen and then they see on the news would have been dreadful. I wanted to come home so bad but I couldn't leave like this. I came down for a purpose and trust me after that I realized how much I need Javon home now more then ever. Now, after the fact, I can talk about it but then I was numb.

So you can imagine after that I was shaky and nervous everywhere I went. I had to go back to KIN for some others things but I couldn't see myself leaving Mandeville NO MATTER WHAT!!!! So some things wasn't done.

Anyway, the wedding was on Monday on the 30th @ 11:00 am. Of course it was raining AGAIN so we were late but like the pastor said it is God's blessing. It was small but nice. We decided not to include the kids at this time since the "real wedding" will be next year Oct either here or JA can't decide yet. We are keeping this a secret for right now. His sister and brother-in-law were the witnesses. I don't know if it's a new thing or not but the pastor was hitting into right palm saying God has big plans for you. I have no idea what that meant but I cracking up. Then after we took several pics of everything just to find out there was in no film in the camera. I mean at that point I wanted to SCREAM b/c I felt like everything was coming apart. I was at my last end but Javon made everything better. We went out that night to some local club w/his nephew and his friends. It was nice just wished we had some more alone time. There was the first time I stayed at his house so it was nice too. My mom knows something went down but I keep ignoring her when she ask. She is very worrisome and I try not to put that on her head b/c I'm okay.

But other then that, it's good to be on US soil w/the crime rate not so high. I tell you girls and Trinilad I have never been so happy to come back home.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG Anna. I cannot imagine how you felt or how scary that had to be. You always read about it but to have it actually happen. Thank God nothing happened and you made it our safely. It is too bad there is so much crime especially in some places because it make the entire Island look bad. I wish I knew you were in the area we could have linked up for a bit.

Well, this special time is something you will NEVER forget and will talk about for many years to come. I have heard if it rains on your wedding day that happiness will be forever.

Congratulations again and best wishes for the next part of this journey.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
OMG Anna. I cannot imagine how you felt or how scary that had to be. You always read about it but to have it actually happen. Thank God nothing happened and you made it our safely. It is too bad there is so much crime especially in some places because it make the entire Island look bad. I wish I knew you were in the area we could have linked up for a bit.

Well, this special time is something you will NEVER forget and will talk about for many years to come. I have heard if it rains on your wedding day that happiness will be forever.

Congratulations again and best wishes for the next part of this journey.

Thanks

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Anna and hubby!

(L)(L):luv::dance::thumbs:

Hi fambly,

Me dey ya....AND it's offical......I am MARRIED!!!!!! I still can't believe it but I'm happy, truly happy. Thanks

Anna

I was in Spanish Town on Friday trying to tie up some loose ends and bam two cars block us in the corner and wanted to rob us. Luckily they didn't have a gun but it was scary nevertheless

I am sorry to hear that ...as well as your plans not coming as you'd like for the wedding. But glad to hear you're home safe and sound and now Mrs. Anna

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Shauna, Just keep your head up. This too shall pass. Great to have met you two.

So we are getting ready to leave on Sunday. Iffeisha and I are flying out together on Sunday. We should be picking up the visa tomorrow.

The interview was quite an event. First I have to tell you Air Jamaica was 4 hrs delayed last Sunday from JFK. My 8.am flight left JFK at 12.30 pm. By the time I got to Montego Bay I was tired , hungry and pissed.Thank God my baby brought my Sunday dinner to the airport. So got in at 5.pm, drove to Brown's Town, then headed to Ochi and took a taxi to Kingston. Checked into Knutsford and went over the paperwork making sure we had everything.

Got to embassy at 5.30 am. Just a FYI. For those of you who want to sleep in late for the interview, $200.00 JA will get you an early spot in the line. There are guys there selling space in line. Totally funny.

Anyway we met up with Shauna and Mike. Made it upstairs and gave our interview letter and waited. Document check time. Bank statement, bank letter, pay stubs etc. Gave me all that back. Just took the I134 and last years tax return and job letter. So if you have those two, trust me, you will be ok.

Interview time. We remember someone saying that window 11 was great so we were praying for her. At 9.15 she announced "Iffeisha .......... window 11 please." We said "thank you God." We went up together. First thing she asked was who did the application. I said I did. She said "you are in the wrong profession as an accountant. This was the best prepared application I have ever seen." Then she sent me to sit down. I was not nervous cause I knew Iffeisha could handle herself. It was however not the typical interview. Questions.

When did Stephen move to the US. Who filed for him.

When did you two get engaged? How did you feel that he asked you to marry him and he was not divorced?

What did you two do last night? Did you have dinner? What did you have for dinner? Did you two have "fun" last night? (I guess that is the safe term for sex)

How old was my daughter?

When did he visit Jamaica and what did you two do?

To be honest, they had a very friendly conversation. I remember peeking and seeing my fiance laughing during the interview so it was not stressful. It was more like two girlfriends catching up on gossip.It was less about confirming information on the application and more about just seeing what kind of relationship we had. Was nothing like we expected.

After the 4 minute conversation, the officer had to take a phone call and instead of having my fiance stand there she sent her to sit down. Then she called us back together. We walked with our book of info for the hard part of the interview. As soon as we got to the window she said "I believe you. You have the visa." We did not remove a single paper from our folder. nO PICS, NO PHONE BILL, NO LETTER. She said "Trust me, you two do not need anything else."

Imagine we worked so hard on the pics and letters and e mails and all night right before the interview and she begged us not to take anything out of the folder. Hey, we are not complaining.

For those preparing for the interview and application stage, spend some time on that question 18 on the application and make sure your fiance knows everyline on it. If you can tell the story of how you met and keep the dates in sync it will help.Also, be as neat and as prepared as possible. Label everything in that application. Make the job of that officer easy.

I want to say thanks to all of you for keeping me sane. Now I am in the league of the veterans and Shauna , trust me, we are all here for you and Mike through this final stage. It will be so easy the next time.

Do not worry guys, I will still be here from time to time. Wedding is next Friday the 10th so we have a hectic schedule ahead so may be a couple days before I come up for air. We have so much celebrating "fun" to take care of.

Filed: Timeline
So we are getting ready to leave on Sunday. Iffeisha and I are flying out together on Sunday. We should be picking up the visa tomorrow.

:dance:Congratulations once again!!

Just a FYI. For those of you who want to sleep in late for the interview, $200.00 JA will get you an early spot in the line. There are guys there selling space in line. Totally funny.
:blink:
Imagine we worked so hard on the pics and letters and e mails and all night right before the interview and she begged us not to take anything out of the folder. Hey, we are not complaining.

:thumbs:

Do not worry guys, I will still be here from time to time.
:star::luv:thanks Stephen
Wedding is next Friday the 10th so we have a hectic schedule ahead

:thumbs:All the best to you and Iffeisha (L)(L)

so may be a couple days before I come up for air. We have so much celebrating "fun" to take care of.

;):whistle:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Shauna, Just keep your head up. This too shall pass. Great to have met you two.

I want to say thanks to all of you for keeping me sane. Now I am in the league of the veterans and Shauna , trust me, we are all here for you and Mike through this final stage. It will be so easy the next time.

thanks...i am already getting all the ducks in a row... :lol::lol: the next step should be fine...according to the CO...all mike has to do is drop off the paperwork and it should all be over!!! I PRAY that is all!!!

it was great meeting you guys as well!!! too bad we didn't get to have a celebration drink but mike and i weren't really in the celebrating mood at that time...

can we have a raincheck???

the one thing that gets me is that they asked for a i-864 or whatever that is....should i call to make sure that is it??? or maybe fill out the i-134 as well incase it was a mistake??? not sure....

Edited by nannygirl82

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.