Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Welcome!!!

Unless they've changed something. The interviews will be togther. My husband's daughter was present during our interview. The interview just asked her what her name was. If my husband was her father and that was it.

Thank you for the welcome and information!! I love to read all the posts, there is so much information posted here! It's great! This whole process is very stressful.

I was wondering, did your husband have to get anything signed by his daughter's mother? It's hard for me to believe that they will give a child a Visa and let one parent take the child out of the country without the other parents approval, but what do I know. :wacko:

We did not reach that far. She was denied her visa because my husbands name was not on her birth certificate. So we are still working that out. But yes, sense then I learned that we will have to have written notarized permission from the mother when the time comes.Can you believe the damn lawyer didn't even think to have something drawn up for the mother to sign. If it hadn't had been for the birth certificate it would have been the fact that we did not have written permission. :( David said that he called to speak to his daughter this morning and the mother asked to speak to him. She asked what she needs to do next to help her daughter ge the visa :huh: I cannot believe it. She sent him papers to have him added to the birth certificate. I'm sure it's too late now. We will most likely have to get a blood test. I'm just wondering why she's so cooperative all of a sudden :huh:

That is funny...we are going through the exact same thing. Duane is not listed on his son's birth certificate and the mother is not being really cooperative. Do you have any idea on how to get their name added is the mother is not cooperating? All they need to do is take one look at him and they will know they are related..........his son looks like a little "mini-Duane".......we would like to have the children come visit next summer.......do you know how that will be possible?

I would encourage you to do so because they will deny her visa if the father's name is not on the birth certificate or ask for proof that he has been in her life sense birth. We could not find any of this info( pictures, school records or hospital records that included my husbands name) I'm not sure how long it took, I'll have to ask, but she went to the registers office, they gave her a from the front page she filled the back paged needed to be filled out and notarized by my husband that was two weeks ago. Yesterday she said she had the birth certificate and what else could she do to help. She goes back and forth, one day it's yes, the next day it'no, but this is the first time she's asked what she could do to help. I'm sure that having the mother cooperate is a must. I wish you luck. It may take sometime, but hopefully she will come around.

I can't believe lawyers sometimes!! You go to them to avoid unforeseen problems and yet things like this still happen. I better make sure that my husband's name is on his daughters birth certificate and I do up a letter for both of them to sign and get notarized. When I asked my husband about notarizing documents he didn't seem to understand what I was talking about so hopefully he'll be able to find someone to do it. I'm guessing their banks would have some type of notary. Right now we're waiting for her passport, but we don't even know where it's at as the guy getting it for my husband is in the US visiting. Got to love that one! :wacko: I'm worried we won't get it before their interview. It's good that the mother of your husbands daughter is being cooperative. I guess you don't try to figure it out and just hope she's doing what's best for her daughter. I wouldn't think you'd have to get a blood test if both parents agree that he is the father, at least I'd hope you wouldn't. I'm just praying we can get my husbands daughter over without any drama from the mother. As far as I know, she's cooperative, but I've never met her. I know she wasn't too impressed with my caring for her daughters braids the first time we had her for a night and made sure she told my husband so. As I told my husband, I didn't know you brushed braids, but apparently I have a lot to learn about caring for his daughters hair. :unsure: But if I can learn about all this immigration stuff I can definitely learn how to do hair! :)

I don't think there is much to it, other than adding the child to the K1 application. That's all they( the lawyers) did, but failed to mention that the father's name should be on the birth certificate or have proof of a father child relatitionship, and that you must have permission form the other parent, very important Info. :( They call notaries in JA JP's justice of the peace.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D i couldn't sleep....wonder why :whistle::whistle:

just wanted to say bye....and keep us in your thoughts!!! we need some good vibes!!!! :D:D

Need you ask Shauna: you know we're with you all the way girl!! :yes:

Shauna and Stephen and Anna all the best to you all. I know you're either in JA or on your way and we can't wait to hear the good news. Darlene have a good trip back.

Once again to all best wishes, positive vibes, safe travels, happy reunions and try to enjoy lovely Jamaica while you're there TCB.

Michele

:dance::dance: CONGRADULATIONS :dance: Irecived a email from th eEmbassy stating that my honey's interview may not be untill January because the Embassy was movin in December :crying: TOO EVERYONE ELSE THAT GOING DOWN GOOD LUCK

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All finger's crossed for you--and saying plenty of prayers

Ann

Hello from Kinston!! Mike and i went through all the paperwork so we are all set...going to get something to eat!!! let you all know how it goes tomorow!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello from Kinston!! Mike and i went through all the paperwork so we are all set...going to get something to eat!!! let you all know how it goes tomorow!!

All the best :thumbs::luv:

We got our case number today from NVC :dance:

Now another 7-14 days for the next part :dance:

Now I am ready to go to my Halloween party off to the city. Ugh I hate city traffic thats why I love the cornfields out here. :P

Everybody enjoy their extra hour of sleep or extra hour of party time!

Go BEARS this Sunday!! can they go 7-0?????

:thumbs: boy your case is moving along very quickly. Great news!

Thanks Michele and I am loving it! Couldn't ask for anything better. Now I am afraid my honey might freeze when he gets here. I thought he would be here in May but its looking earlier than that.

Good morning!

Got home at midnight, exhausted but wired. What difference a day makes, I was roasting yesterday and freezing today.

What an experience the Embassy was. Got there about 10 to 6 and there were about 30 people in line already and within half an hour there were about 50 people behind us. I thought we were going to get caught in the rain while standing there but luckily it held off. They started moving people in around 10 to 7 so it was good to get inside.

First stop was downstairs and then they moved up up. Dropped off the "letter" and then waited for his name to be called. They were calling name after name and I was getting anxious. I kept saying we're next. Albert Henry, window 5. We go up and start pulling out paperwork. Since we did not have duplicate copies of the forms they sent to him Bert had a lot of writing to do but actually it worked out by passing the time and then it also gave them a chance to look through everything. They only took my last years tax return, employer letter, forms and gave me back the rest.

Waited another hour and we were called to window 11. The girl was really nice and she said she was glad to see that I had attended the interview. She swore us in and asked some questions then said she wanted to talk to Bert first and had me go back to the waiting area. That got me a little nervous and he was there for what seemed like forever then called me back. He went to the waiting area and it was my turn.

When did we meet, how did the relationship start, when will be be getting married, asked about my son and that was about it. Called him back and asked if he wanted to go to the US and if he was planning to go back to work on the ship.

APPROVED!!!!! I screamed and hugged him almost knocking him over. I couldn't stop smiling! OMG what a feeling. I looked at her and said thank you about 10 times.

My only concern throughout the whole thing was our age difference. I truly believe if I did not he would not have been approved.

From the beginning he kept telling me that I did not have to go he would handle it but at one point he said he was glad I was there.

He is not coming here until the first week of January so he can spend Christmas with his family since in the last 10 years of working he has only had 2 at home but that also give me time to get ready for him. It is not so bad because I go back on the 10th of November for 12 days for vacation.

Friday night we went to the Quad instead of Asylum. Nice club. It has 4 different rooms of music going on so you can have your choice or spend time at all of them. Got back at 5:30 am. slept about 3 hours, got up for breakfast, packed and then drove about Kingston for a likkle more then off to the airport. Manley airport is so bad, no air conditioning and it was so hot.

Part one is over now on to the next one and so looking forward to it.

Congrats Darlene :dancing::dancing:

Just in case Trinilad and Nanny check in before tomorrow good luck. Will be thinking of the both of you.

Best wishes!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good Luck and Good vibes Nannygirl, everything will be just fine :yes:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had a 7:15 appointment and didn't get to the interview window until sometime after 10. We were walking out of the Embassy at 10:30. Just guessing.

Did you find security pretty arrogant? One poor girl had a palm size plastic calculator and they freaked out on her. I was biting my tongue trying not to tell them to lighten up. I was not causing trouble for us.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Good wishes to everyone waiting in Kingston today!!

I received a call from my senators office today. My case will be approved pending security clearance :wacko: The whole file mix up was never mentioned??????I went on to say that this is not a security cleance issue blah blah blah....so now they will call me back :wacko:
It's about time..... :yes:
We got our case number today from NVC :dance:
Congratulations!! :dance:
APPROVED!!!!! I screamed and hugged him almost knocking him over. I couldn't stop smiling! OMG what a feeling. I looked at her and said thank you about 10 times
Love that!! :jest:
Irecived a email from th eEmbassy stating that my honey's interview may not be untill January because the Embassy was movin in December
Huh? :wacko: January is not that far away.....:cry:
We got it!!!
:dance:Congratulations!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats

Shar

[Hello from rainy Kingston Jamaica!!!

We got it!!!

:dance::dance::dance: CONGRADS SHAR!!!! :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.