Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Okay, hot dogs & shrimp.....nah, not going near that either!! :no:

Well....the good news is that they're not in the attic anymore....at least we don't hear them and the dogs are back to acting normal (whatever that is :lol:)

I had a raccoon a few years ago that was pulling all my "stuff" out of the pool -- I caught him one night walking up a tree (that is against my fence) with the pool hose in his nasty claws. That was about three summers ago and I haven't had any problems since. This time, I did call in the professionals.....I'm so over it!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All this possum-raccoon talk is scaring me! What if they are in my garage...I hardly go in there.

They eat possum down south, dont they.

Yeah, Jill the Guyanese word for possum is yahwahree - I think one of the native american languages.

Okay, hot dogs & shrimp.....nah, not going near that either!! :no:

Well....the good news is that they're not in the attic anymore....at least we don't hear them and the dogs are back to acting normal (whatever that is :lol:)

I had a raccoon a few years ago that was pulling all my "stuff" out of the pool -- I caught him one night walking up a tree (that is against my fence) with the pool hose in his nasty claws. That was about three summers ago and I haven't had any problems since. This time, I did call in the professionals.....I'm so over it!!

OK! Racoons are people! :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

You know.....if you really look at them they are darn cute.....but they can be so destructive. And they are so smart.....it's scarry really

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I am here going over the last set of documents. It says to bring copies of marraige certificates if applicable. Since I have a divore decree from my previous marraige, I am assuming this is not applicable. Am I correct in my assumption or do I need to go to vital records and get a copy of the marraige certificate even though I have the divorce decree?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I am here going over the last set of documents. It says to bring copies of marraige certificates if applicable. Since I have a divore decree from my previous marraige, I am assuming this is not applicable. Am I correct in my assumption or do I need to go to vital records and get a copy of the marraige certificate even though I have the divorce decree?

Just divorce decree. Original document.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Last minute jitters I guess. OK I-134 question! I finally got my letter from the bank and all they give me is the date opened and current balance. Since I am using my income from my job to to show I meet the income requirements requirements, how important is this bank statement/ letter? I was able to get almost all the statements for the past year showing deposits and withdrawals, but I am not sure what information they are looking at when you have many transactions in one month? Did anyone who had a recent interview had thier bank statement or bank letter scrutinized? Did they actually ask for it after you provided the job letter and tax return or was it just one of those "just in case" documents that you walked with but never actually used?

I tell you I am already personally responsible for a forest or two disappearing from the earth and I just do not feel like this last minute rangle with the bank. I have the last three years tax return, the job letter, the last 6 months worth of pay stubs. Am I ok here or am I missing something

Just divorce decree. Original document.

The one we get from the courts here in Baltimore has the City Seal and a stamp attesting to the fact it is actual copy of divorce decree. I guess that is what they are asking for?

My bank did the same thing....I made copies of my last two years statements and highlighted the deposits -- then I ran a "tape" to get the total. I also did that with my payroll because it gets direct deposited and I don't get a "stub." When we were at Window 3 -- the first place you go to give all your paperwork -- the woman really didn't look closely at anything -- but she did check off that everything was there on her piece of pink paper. I also had my employer letter and four years of tax returns. I had the copies of the returns that I got from my accountant and I also ordered the "official tax transcript" directly from the IRS.

I DO ASSUME that the actual interviewer went through everything to make sure it was in order. He knew an awful lot about me by the time we got to his window.

I say, if you have doubts -- bring it. Give them everything they asked for and then some. That way you can't get turned away for forgetting something stupid.

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
You know.....if you really look at them they are darn cute.....but they can be so destructive. And they are so smart.....it's scarry really

Yea, I think they are adorable, and soooo smart, but they can outsmart a big dog, and then kill it, so have to be careful with them. I have heard stories of this, usually only one dog tho.

I had one as a pet when I was a kid, the lil sucker followed me everywhere. My best friend was one of those "nervy" girls that screeched when she was alarmed. (We were about 8 years old). He would hide under the couch when she came over and when she would stand next to the couch, grab her around the ankle with his soft lil paws. He was just a lil midgit of a thing, and they cant scratch too much or anything when they are lil, he just LOVED to hear her scream. It was really funny, and she fell for it every time( like EVERY day!), so I think she kind of actually bought into it herself. :lol::lol:

His momma had gotten killed by hunters and my dad brought him home to me. It was one of the funnest summers I think I ever had, having havin him act like I was his momma and follow me around, and you are right, boy are they smart...

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

That's funny!!

Can't imagine having one as a pet -- but they are cute. I find them the cutest when they are dead on the side of the road :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

This may be just my day to have a million questions. When I got the NOA2, I noticed that my name was spelt STPHEN instead of STEPHEN. Called the Custumer service number and they said was a clerical error and they will correct it in thier system. They were supposed to send me a letter whwn it was corrected. The notice from NVC has the same misspelling and now I guess Jamaica has the same misspelling. Does anyone anticipate a problem? After all, the approved everything else with all documents showing STEPHEN?

It shouldn't be a problem -- see if they can fix it in the computer for you in Kingston -- the lady at Window 3 should be able to help you.

We thought Roy's middle name was George. I had it on ALL the paperwork. The Window 3 lady said he doesn't have a middle name because it's not on his Birth Certificate (I never thought to look) -- she asked him and he told her that his family always told him his middle name was George -- she laughed and wiped it out of the system -- never to be seen again....so, it can be done...

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

We just found out we have raccoons in the attic......PLEASE tell me Roy isn't going to surprise me for dinner :no::lol:

Omigosh! This reminds me, we have a horrible possum problem this year, and they keep eating everything in Lake's garden. He killed a small one, I felt so bad it was just a baby, but he didnt know, he thought it was a big RAT!

Anyhow, he TELLS me, if he catches the momma, he is COOKIN HER UP!! Fine fixins in Guyana, Mawerry stew...blecht!

i feel sort of lucky i won't have to worry about this kind of stuff...because all mike knows how to cook is eggs and mac and cheese :lol:

Nannygirl,

I guess we should count ourselves lucky. My hubby tells me in Trinidad, SKUNK is considered a delicacy! :lol::lol:

Trinilad, have you heard of this??? Or is he tellin me a story?

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

I guess we should count ourselves lucky. My hubby tells me in Trinidad, SKUNK is considered a delicacy! :lol::lol:

Okay......NOT!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

Last minute jitters I guess. OK I-134 question! I finally got my letter from the bank and all they give me is the date opened and current balance. Since I am using my income from my job to to show I meet the income requirements requirements, how important is this bank statement/ letter? I was able to get almost all the statements for the past year showing deposits and withdrawals, but I am not sure what information they are looking at when you have many transactions in one month? Did anyone who had a recent interview had thier bank statement or bank letter scrutinized? Did they actually ask for it after you provided the job letter and tax return or was it just one of those "just in case" documents that you walked with but never actually used?

I tell you I am already personally responsible for a forest or two disappearing from the earth and I just do not feel like this last minute rangle with the bank. I have the last three years tax return, the job letter, the last 6 months worth of pay stubs. Am I ok here or am I missing something

Here's how our interview went...this past May ---

Dropped off our interview letter at Window 1. Waited for about 30 minutes, called to Window 4. She (not so nice) asked Craig if he'd ever been to the states.....No.....who was his fiancee.....my name. Asked why we had 2 I-134's, but kept both. Gave back all but 2004 & 2005 tax stuff. Then asked us to sit down to be called. Waited another 15 min called to Window 9 ....HE was BIGGEST a&&hole EVER !!!!!! He asked Craig to sign the forms, but we had forgotten to bring a pen. We asked NICELY if we could borrow a pen, he literally THREW down his headset and HUFFED and puffed away. He RELUCTANTLY let us BORROW a flippin pen. He asked Craig about 4x whether he'd been to the states. Asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law, stopped by the police or had a criminal record. Craig answered that he had been in a car years ago, but nothing ever happened to him. Then he fingerprinted him.

He proceeded to look at our OLD paperwork, meticulously looked through our pictures --which were about 10 pages long. I asked him if he would like some additional pictures, letters, phone records, etc.....NEVER looked at me and said, that wouldn't be necessary. Then he asked Craig, to go sit down and he was going to talk WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy, I'm tellin ya, was the most UNPLEASANT and sarcastic person. He gave me an extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely hard time about our age difference, asked if "I" thought there would be that passion and romance once he got to the states, like it was on the "beaches of Negril". I nicely reminded him that I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 yrs and that I've been back several times since I met Craig in November of 2004. He gave me an extreeeeeeemely hard time about my income. I make WELL over the poverty limits, but he was looking at the paperwork TOTALLY incorrectly and I politely pointed that out to him. When you have your own business, you file differently than any personal income. That's why I had everything stapled together with a BRIGHT pink sticky note, stating the difference. Even making almost $27,000 (not including my child support AND my part-time job) in 2004 was NOT "good enough" in his eyes. He NEVER ever looked at my bank letters, employment letters or child support statement proving the extra income. Never looked at the I-134, just kept going over and over and over again about the 2004 & 2005 income tax info ---which, in fact is OVER the "poverty level" !!!

HOPE THIS HELPS.... kelly

Timeline

Ok, Mindy...have you talked to Roy? How did his "day" go??? lol

If he needs a purge, I tell you something I found out last week. If you drink WARM water with SEA SALT (2 teaspoons of salt is all(very important its natural type of salt, NOT the grocery store regular salt) mixed in with like a QUART of water..., FIRST hour upon waking (I guess your body's ducts are open when you first wake it said).

So....I actually tried this on Saturday. Wow. All I can say is drink a LOT of water...and dont plan on doing ANYTHING that day, and perhaps part of the next. I thought it sounded simple. Me and my internet reading! :whistle:

Ok, I have a rant...the visa lottery is going on. I know it doesnt apply to Jamaicans. :( But my hubby is always sayin how he worries bout his fam, yada yada. Well I KNOW it takes FOREVER to get them here even after he gets to be a citizen and applies. Also his childrens mother. I have mixed feelings on this one...but...

Anyhow, last year he told me, ok we'll do it next year, etc etc. I KNOW they are thinking of discontinueing (sp) it. So I asked him about it, and he said it sounded too complicated, etc, no one has a scanner or digital cam, blah blah, but they COULD get Visa pics and send to us and we could do it, right? Well...

Man oh man. So I FINALLY got him motivated, and we wrote an email to his kids AND their mom, and (she is also to pass on the info to his brothers) and now she is in a tizzy and not sure what to do or how to do it or whatever. I tell you, I have never seen such helpless people in my life. They dont know how to mail anything or get information (LIKE WHERE THEY WERE BORN?????), but sure enuff they can email him 5 times a day. Grrrrr! I wrote her and told her it was up to her, I was just letting her know, not to stress. She keeps saying things like "well if Lake were here he would know what to do" blah blah. He WOULDNT. He was pretty inept at that kind of thing himself when we first met. In fact, I dont think we could have EVER gone thru the process you guys do, he would have "given up" due to not understanding stuff. I swear, you would think they were 5 years old! I know they are pretty simple and not very educated, but sheesh, his children are young teens and they are pretty savvy I would think!

Anyhow, just venting...anyone can chime in and say what they want, I love to hear what everyone thinks. :)

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.