Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seems we are all doing the countdown. 29 Days for me and this ordeal will end. I am so ready for it to be over. I guess I should be nervous, but I am just approaching this as calm as I am. After 4 years I figure there is only one happy ending!

Anyway, I am not nervous but my fiance is. She is driving me crazy now wondering what is appropriate attire for the interview and I promised her I will ask. She does not want to dress up liike she is going to some job interview and she does not want to look like she is not taking this seriously. Does anyone has any suggestions? I told my fiance that better to be overdressed than underdressed but she is not buying that. So it anyone has any ideas as to what is appropriate attire for the embassy interview, I would love some advice cause this one I just don't know.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

[i guess what we refer to a "business casual" would be appropriate; you know, dress pants and a top, or a simple skirt and blouse.

quote name=Trinilad' date='Oct 1 2006, 08:44 PM' post='482308]

Seems we are all doing the countdown. 29 Days for me and this ordeal will end. I am so ready for it to be over. I guess I should be nervous, but I am just approaching this as calm as I am. After 4 years I figure there is only one happy ending!

Anyway, I am not nervous but my fiance is. She is driving me crazy now wondering what is appropriate attire for the interview and I promised her I will ask. She does not want to dress up liike she is going to some job interview and she does not want to look like she is not taking this seriously. Does anyone has any suggestions? I told my fiance that better to be overdressed than underdressed but she is not buying that. So it anyone has any ideas as to what is appropriate attire for the embassy interview, I would love some advice cause this one I just don't know.

Just sharing some good news: Henry received his Green Card yesterday!! He is quite relieved. :lol:

CONGRATS :dance: You're done for awhile now!

I spent the night Thursday and ALL Friday at the hospital...my sister had a ruptured appendix

Oh no :o Glad she's doing better now.

She is driving me crazy now wondering what is appropriate attire for the interview and I promised her I will ask. Does anyone has any suggestions? I told my fiance that better to be overdressed than underdressed but she is not buying that.

I agree with you, it is much better to be over-dressed than under. My husband wore dress pants and a Polo shirt and I wore a conservative sun dress w/ sandals. I would definately not go in there wearing jeans :no: One guy was actually in a full suit and tie :o You saw a bit of everything, but I would say for the most part is was "business casual".

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

She is driving me crazy now wondering what is appropriate attire for the interview and I promised her I will ask
I agree, business casual is the way to go. I wore black pants and a nice shirt (wore the same outfit to a wedding a few months earlier) and Roy wore khaki's and a button down shirt. Like Rhonda, we saw people dressed all ways....it think the more serious you look -- the more serious they will take you.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't feel bad. I drove my fiance looney too. I wanted him to wear a tie and he refused. He wore his favorite pair of khaki pants - a lighter tan color and a lighter blue oxford shirt . I had to admit that even thought i doubted him, those two items went well together and he looked really good. Apparently it was enough for the interviewer and we were approved. :P

Two weeks back I drove him crazy again for our AOS interview. Again he did not want to wear a tie, but he gave in because I threw a hissy fit. So he wore black pants and a grey shirt and a nice tie...and we were approved. In looking at the other women were there with their spouses or they were the beneficiaries...I was totally overdressed. I had on a nice skirt, a nice wrap front blouse and black heeled slingbacks. I saw so many thongs poking out when some of these women stooped or bent to pick up their files. I also saw way too much cleavage. It seems the men were better dressers that day. :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Craig wore dark (nice) black jeans and a nice button down shirt. I wore capri jean pants and a simple top. You definitely see it all and the folks at the window can only see from right above the wasteline -up-.... and my opinion, they aren't there "checking out your clothes". I think clean cut, shaven face...woman, nice makeup (not to much) since they are looking mostly at your face for the interview.

Timeline

Yep, I wore a orange color conservative sundress with sandles and Duane wore a nice pair of dark jeans with a tan polo with small orange stripes (we matched....... :blush::whistle: )shirt.

We saw them all but I would not wear overly casual clothes because it just looks bad!!! Some lady wore a t-shirt that said "I'm broke but hustling"....we all died laughing because she wore that to the EMBASSY for her appointment......some folks... I tell ya....... :blink::blink::wacko::wacko:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Some lady wore a t-shirt that said "I'm broke but hustling"....we all died laughing because she wore that to the EMBASSY for her appointment......some folks... I tell ya....... :blink::blink::wacko::wacko:
I would love to know if she got a visa :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawd - nobody come an chat since 9:30 this morning?? What's wrong? Who didn't go to work today? Who's not feeling well? :lol:

This is crunch week - finals - so I won't be around much. I need to get a new modem so I can log on from home.

For all of you waiting for interview dates - good luck!

Eliz/Henry: congrats on receiving green (well, khaki) colored card :thumbs:

Nanny: sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
Lawd - nobody come an chat since 9:30 this morning?? What's wrong? Who didn't go to work today? Who's not feeling well? :lol:

This is crunch week - finals - so I won't be around much. I need to get a new modem so I can log on from home.

I called in sick today :blush:;) B) :whistle:

Good luck on your finals :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called in sick today :blush:;) B) :whistle:

Good luck on your finals :thumbs:

Hope you feel better (F)

thanks for the luck - I need it and all the prayers you guys can give for this Cost Accounting class :crying::dead::bonk:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!! It's been a pretty quiet weekend for me...I spent over half of my Friday at the freakin DMV in PG County (I hate that place! :angry: ), but other than that, I've been cool...I have a question for you folks...what is the approximate turn-a-round time from the time you drop off the DS 230 to receiving your interview date? And Gregory wants to know will they call him or send him a letter?" I don't know, but I told him I knew a lot of folx who did! :P I was planning to go down there 2 weeks from now, but I think I changed my mind because I don't want to have to pay to go down there a few weeks later for an interview. I explained to him that being there for the interview was the most important thing for me---he was mad for awhile because he had made all these plans for us--but he eventually got over it---at 4:12 AM!! (Yep--that's what time he decided to call me to apologize for being rude!) Anyway, I need to get home...7th Heaven will be on soon, and I love myself some Camdens!!

Nanny--I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother...I know what it's like to watch and wait for someone to pass...I literally watched my uncle pass (I was there for the final 2 days and it was awful) He was in a hospice center as well...he actually waited to pass when my mother and I stepped out of the room (we know he did that on purpose). But like I said, I know what you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, but just remember that she is going to a place much better than anything we could ever know.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Boy Rhonda sure is going to be disappointed tonight :hehe:

Hi everyone, just wanted to step in and say hi all the way from ATL. A friend of mine bought a house here w/her husband and moved down from NY. She had her baby shower yesterday and it was great. It's real nice out here and the weather is good too. Not real anxious to head back in the windy city tommorrow so I'm sure you guys can understand. LOL

How do you like the ATL? I considered relocating there a couple of years ago but wasn't really to impressed with the area I was visiting. I was only there for a few days though and that's not really enough time to make an informed decision.

Timeline

zSeems like it's running about a month or a likkle more from handing in the 230--I'm at the same place you are, so whoever finds out first, let's exchange the info.

Hi everyone!! It's been a pretty quiet weekend for me...I spent over half of my Friday at the freakin DMV in PG County (I hate that place! :angry: ), but other than that, I've been cool...I have a question for you folks...what is the approximate turn-a-round time from the time you drop off the DS 230 to receiving your interview date? And Gregory wants to know will they call him or send him a letter?" I don't know, but I told him I knew a lot of folx who did! :P I was planning to go down there 2 weeks from now, but I think I changed my mind because I don't want to have to pay to go down there a few weeks later for an interview. I explained to him that being there for the interview was the most important thing for me---he was mad for awhile because he had made all these plans for us--but he eventually got over it---at 4:12 AM!! (Yep--that's what time he decided to call me to apologize for being rude!) Anyway, I need to get home...7th Heaven will be on soon, and I love myself some Camdens!!

Nanny--I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother...I know what it's like to watch and wait for someone to pass...I literally watched my uncle pass (I was there for the final 2 days and it was awful) He was in a hospice center as well...he actually waited to pass when my mother and I stepped out of the room (we know he did that on purpose). But like I said, I know what you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, but just remember that she is going to a place much better than anything we could ever know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.