Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SAVANAHPHIL -- I found this in another forum....posted it there for you....

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Correct. Henry did not need a new physical. The one in Kingston is good for 1 year. He had to get two shots and the civil surgeon certified his vaccination history. The irony is henry got a job at a hospital and as oart of the hiring protocol, they gave him sooo many shots for free. So he was all set. ;)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Just checking to see if fiance came through JFK recently. I wanted to know if JFK still gives temporary employment authorization or arrival to persons on K1 visa. I am making an effort to have my fiance fly through JFK instead of coming directly to Baltimore on her arrival just for that and I am wondering if it is worth it. She is the kind of restless person who likes to start working from Day 1 and teachers are in high demand in Baltimore so I have gotten some good responses when I shopped her resume around. But if JFK no longer gives temp work permit then it is no use going through there and we can return directly through Baltimore. Appreciate any info you may have.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Folks,

Just checking to see if fiance came through JFK recently. I wanted to know if JFK still gives temporary employment authorization or arrival to persons on K1 visa. I am making an effort to have my fiance fly through JFK instead of coming directly to Baltimore on her arrival just for that and I am wondering if it is worth it. She is the kind of restless person who likes to start working from Day 1 and teachers are in high demand in Baltimore so I have gotten some good responses when I shopped her resume around. But if JFK no longer gives temp work permit then it is no use going through there and we can return directly through Baltimore. Appreciate any info you may have.

I will be watching this closely. I keep reading on other threads that JFK will be stopping this soon.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Wow 10 pages to catch up on!!! Here goes it...

Jamie, it's so good to hear from you :yes::dance::luv: Please dont' be such a stranger. How's school going? Where are you working now? We've missed you on here.

School is going good. It is definitely a lot of work! I am just working a few hours a week with an autistic 12 year old boy. He just needs basic after school care. He is non-verbal so that has been a challenge but it is so interesting to me and I am loving it.

Jamie-good to hear from you! What are your plans for your first wedding anniversary?

Well we are not going to do much on the actual day. But on Oct. 6 we are going to see an African dance/acrobatics troupe that is suppose to be spectacular. They are coming to our local theatre which is amazing. So I snagged up some tickets.

Jamie I miss you soooooo much!!! Your positive energy is something that I personally miss..... :energetic:

I can't believe it's been a year already -- seems like just yesterday.....

Good luck with school :dance: and PLEASE don't be a stranger.

Thanks :luv: I miss everyone too. I hope to be around more. It is just so hard to keep caught up now that I am not wasting time at work :whistle:

Hello everyone....

what a great yucky morning at work...blah....

oh well i have been in a battle with comcast for the past 3 weeks...finally gave them the boot today and ordered....direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

I must check out direct TV too I am tired of comcast also!

About the whole HypeTV thing. Andre loved it at first. It was all that got watched at our house but after the inital "coolness" wore off he hardly watched it. In fact we cancelled it because Andre kept saying "who's going to watch the same thing over and over...thats an idiot thing"

Happy Saturday!!!

Jill -- Garlic has 0 of both. Onions are full of sugar....1/2 cup chopped is 30 calories and 9 grams of carbs

Good gracious! I knew onions had lots of sugar, but the way Lake cooks, I probably eat a days calories worth in one meal!! :lol: Wow!

Jill

Great I am doomed! We eat soooo many onions around here! Add that to the rice and flour and all the bread there is no way I am ever going to lose weight :no:

I may be one of the only ones who was NOT present at the k1 interview. I wasn't actually worried about it at all. Henry was well prepared, (except for the mistake with his birth certificate) and everything was smooth as pie. I don't think it hurts you at all not being there. It certainly hasn't stopped us.

I didn't attend the K1 interview either and Andre was put through the ringer and we were actually delayed 2 months for them wanting a police certificate and more proof of relationship. When we got them the PC Andre brought back the EXACT same proof of relationship and their response was "Wow you really out did your self" even though it was the same stuff and same interviewer. You just never know what you are going to get.

Hello everyone. It's me Myisha doing my quarterly check in( hee hee hee) As some of you heard Ricardo and I had our daughter Makayla Elizabeth on sept. 1st. We are all doing great and it has definately been a worldwind for me dealing with the twins( now 19 months) and anewborn but i really love it. As soon as I can catch my breath i will post some pics on yahoo.

So how is everyone doing? For you newlyweds...has married life treatng you?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait to see pics :yes:

Ok I think I am caught up...sorry for the novel. I hope I answered everything I could. If I missed ya I am sorry. I definitely can't get behind again. Its a killer.

Have a great day everyone! Hang in there Rhonda! I pray you can get a better job or a better schedule soon :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SAVANAHPHIL -- I found this in another forum....posted it there for you....

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Correct. Henry did not need a new physical. The one in Kingston is good for 1 year. He had to get two shots and the civil surgeon certified his vaccination history. The irony is henry got a job at a hospital and as oart of the hiring protocol, they gave him sooo many shots for free. So he was all set. ;)

Hey Guys thanks for this great info. Hubby is getting his work visa real soon and has to do a medical for it so I am hopping we can use that for our interview. I am hoping our interview doesn't come until May or June since he will be touring Europe at the start of the year.

:help: Does anyone know if you can ask for the date of the interview once you have been approved? Dwain maybe touring and not able to make one they schedule. I know we are far away from an interview now to all you luck ducks with your interviews soon all the best :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
I am hoping our interview doesn't come until May or June since he will be touring Europe at the start of the year.

:help: Does anyone know if you can ask for the date of the interview once you have been approved? Dwain maybe touring and not able to make one they schedule. I know we are far away from an interview now to all you luck ducks with your interviews soon all the best :thumbs:

I think that the embassy schedules the date of the interview but I know that some have "delayed" the process by holding off on returning the forms/packets requested of them. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on how long you have to return the info to them. I do know that Kelly was able to ask for an extension on her K-1 visa. Not sure if you can do the same for K-3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am hoping our interview doesn't come until May or June since he will be touring Europe at the start of the year.

I think that the embassy schedules the date of the interview but I know that some have "delayed" the process by holding off on returning the forms/packets requested of them. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on how long you have to return the info to them. I do know that Kelly was able to ask for an extension on her K-1 visa. Not sure if you can do the same for K-3.

Thank you Michele maybe we will take our time on the case.

We are going to do the CR-1 because its the longest but it will be hard predict when the interview will happen. Do you mean when he goes to get packet 3 just do it when he gets a break in his touring schedule so that he will be there for the interview. I read some where about a person from Canada getting to pick there date due to difficult circumstance and just wondering if anyone has had this happen. I really don't want to get our interview until June because I think Dwain has an awsome oppurtunity and should enjoy this gig to the fullest. Also June would be great cause I know I can make any interview June until the middle of August.

I know I am asking this question way in advance but I need to know how to slow down the process :lol: How the heck do u think would ever say they need to slow done the process :lol: Am I the first one oh boy :whistle:

Today its been very slow in here did everyone have a busy Tuesday. What are u all up to??

Everyone have a good night.

Oh and Rhonda good day! This is your time of the day.. I don't know how u do it you are so strong. I hope work goes fast for u tonigh and into the morning. :yes::whistle:

Thanks :star: I'm trying to hang in there. Working 7 days a week is killing me though :crying: It's not easy on the love life either (L):(

Hi Rhonda

I bet it can't be easy on the love life. How do u guys cope? Do u guys do something together in the middle of the day like an early afternoon movie or go out for an early dinner?

:luv:

Hi Kim.. How are things going. Is Duane adjusting any better or is still hard at this stage? Have u guys gone on any other outtings? All the best!

I know I am asking this question way in advance but I need to know how to slow down the process :lol: How the heck do u think would ever say they need to slow done the process :lol: Am I the first one oh boy :whistle:

Oh my goodness I need to proof before I post ahaha How dauh Who... And boy lately I need grammar lessons and spelling. HELP ... Wow and I have a masters in Education u would never know. But luckily I teach music :lol: Crazy me

Good night :star:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Folks,

I heard that they have already stopped. But that's all...I heard...no proof.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

I can't believe nobody has been on here all day.....we really need Rhonda to get off the night shift :lol:

Yeah, you guys don't chat enough :lol::no: Where is everybody? I only have ONE page to catch up on since this time last night. You guys are slacking off. Squitto - where are you???

Have a great day everyone! Hang in there Rhonda! I pray you can get a better job or a better schedule soon :yes:

Thanks :luv: I'm glad things are going well for you. Did you decide on a major yet?

Yes, you are definately the first one to want to SLOW DOWN the process :yes::o Most of us were so eager and impatient for it to hurry up!!

Hi Rhonda

I bet it can't be easy on the love life. How do u guys cope? Do u guys do something together in the middle of the day like an early afternoon movie or go out for an early dinner?

Unfortunately, we can't do much at all together during the week because Tony doesn't get home until after 6pm most nights :( Today he didn't get home til 8:30 and I had to leave for work at 9:30 :crying: The only days I see much of him are on the weekends since he's only been working 5 days a week lately. But even that is only for a few hours and then I'm off to work :ranting:

Sorry for ranting and raving, but this job is really getting to me :angry: It's going to drive me to drink! (Mindy, where's our Vodka symbol? :lol: We need a little, yellow smiley drinking out of a Vodka bottle!)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

(Mindy, where's our Vodka symbol? :lol: We need a little, yellow smiley drinking out of a Vodka bottle!)

I need to work on that!! Wish I was more computer literate..... :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

(L)Happy 1st Anniversary (L)

Jamie & Andre

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys i know its been a million years since i have been on. I can only hope that all is well with everyone. We are here still waiting on Richie to hear something from immigration since we went for his interview in aug. I guess the name check is still pending. Just popped in to say hi...................

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Hey Georgia -- nice to see ya.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

(L)Happy 1st Anniversary (L)

Jamie & Andre

Hello family....Happy Hump Day.

Happy Anniversary Jamie & Andre.

Who's anniversary is next????

Thanks guys :luv::luv:

Who is next??? I know there wasn't any interviews really close to mine. At least not that I remember. Hmm...anyone in October?

I know Julie and Michael are coming up in November. Anyone sooner?

Hey guys i know its been a million years since i have been on. I can only hope that all is well with everyone. We are here still waiting on Richie to hear something from immigration since we went for his interview in aug. I guess the name check is still pending. Just popped in to say hi...................

Hi Georgia (F)

I hope you hear something soon. How is Richie adjusting? How is baby Jay doing? Hope you and your family are doing ok!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.