Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We got some food then headed to the bus station for our 4 hour roller coaster ride back to Mo'Bay :wacko:

I was wondering if those who went to the interview flew into MoBay or Kingston. I've never been to Kingston but I know that the ride from MoBay to Kingston is supposed to be literally a "trip". What is everyone's thoughts on this? I do not relish the thought of a 4 hour road trip anywhere; least of all there. Can you make a mini vacation of Kingston and it's environs?

OH MY GOD! Denied for testing positive for ganja--oh Christ, he'll never get here

Seriously, yes. I can recall three people who got denied in JA alone. Some other VJ'ers from other embassies were denied for admitting to smoking in the past even though they did not test positive.

Mindy please check your PM. :help:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got some food then headed to the bus station for our 4 hour roller coaster ride back to Mo'Bay :wacko:

I was wondering if those who went to the interview flew into MoBay or Kingston. I've never been to Kingston but I know that the ride from MoBay to Kingston is supposed to be literally a "trip". What is everyone's thoughts on this? I do not relish the thought of a 4 hour road trip anywhere; least of all there. Can you make a mini vacation of Kingston and it's environs?

OH MY GOD! Denied for testing positive for ganja--oh Christ, he'll never get here

Seriously, yes. I can recall three people who got denied in JA alone. Some other VJ'ers from other embassies were denied for admitting to smoking in the past even though they did not test positive.

I am thinking of flying into Kingston and staying there Thursday until Sunday. That is if I can find something reasonable and I can use my miles for a ticket otherwise I will go into Mobay and we will have to have someone drive us early Friday morning and the I can stay with him and his family.

It is killing me because of my preplanned November vacation which I cannot change or move. This will be the 6 time (in which my girlfriend who took me to Jamaica for the very first time back in 00) we will be there to celebrate out birthdays together and she went all out for my "big one" and this is her "big one" so I have some things planned. My birthday is the 6th of November and hers is the 11th so all of this is making me broke, what is going a little further in debt going to do!!!!

Once Bert gets here I won't be taking a vacation anytime soon so might as well enjoy.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Our bus trip from MoBay to Kingston was a true experience - not sure if I would do it again. It was a huge culture shock for me - and that was trip #12 :huh: . But we couldn't beat the cost - around $14 each round trip. We were on the tightest budget so it was my cheapest trip ever. We didn't go directly through Kingston because Damien only had 1 day off - the other days were spend on travelling to the Embassy, the medical, etc....And two my friends travelled with me so they stayed in Mobay while we went to Kingston. We left MoBay Sunday morning and returned Monday afternoon. Kingston was really nice...wish we stayed longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Wynter...yep.....he needs to seriously go on a 2 month cleanse or he WILL get a big fat denial with a 3 year ban into the USA......no joke......!!! :no::no:

Duane and I took that painful roller coaster ride from Ochi to Kingston.......we stayed the night at the Hilton but like Shemonya and Damien, we did not sleep much at all...(nerves) plus we also got to the embassy at 5:00am and we were not the first in line either!!!!! :hehe:

After she said that we were approved....Duane grabbed me and gave me a big hug and kiss...the interviewer smiled and said, "I am really happy for the two of you and I wish you the best!!" We went back to the hotel after going to air pak...kinda delirious.....looked at each other with pure amazement ad went to sleep...we woke up about 2 hours later and took the roller coaster ride back to Ochi........we thought we would celebrate but I think the whole shock of this "finally" being over hit and we had no energy!!!

Welcome Davis......just a quick check....if you were approved 10 days ago, are you sure Kingston has your packet already??? Have you confirmed with them?? Alos, your fiance can pick up packet 3 but sometimes they do not let him drop off the DS230 the same day...in my case...my fiance had to come back the next day and drop it off......then it takes about 1-2 weeks before they actually schedule the interview. You may already have all this info but your post was kinda vague and I wanted to make sure you had been given the specifics about the process.......good luck with your journey!!!!! (F)

Edited by kimlbs

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Will two months do it? Is it a blood test? As soon as I read that post I ran to the phone to call him--I must have sounded hysterical because he kept saying "relax--I know all about that"

Dwight runs a taxi, so at least we have transportation from MoBay to Kingston without the minibus I rememer taking the minibus to Negril years and years ago--what a trip! I was jammed in next to the driver and woman with a live chicken and a huge bag of pawpaws.

Ann

quote name='kimlbs' date='Sep 24 2006, 03:10 PM' post='466799']

Hi Wynter...yep.....he needs to seriously go on a 2 month cleanse or he WILL get a big fat denial with a 3 year ban into the USA......no joke......!!! :no::no:

Duane and I took that painful roller coaster ride from Ochi to Kingston.......we stayed the night at the Hilton but like Shemonya and Damien, we did not sleep much at all...(nerves) plus we also got to the embassy at 5:00am and we were not the first in line either!!!!! :hehe:

After she said that we were approved....Duane grabbed me and gave me a big hug and kiss...the interviewer smiled and said, "I am really happy for the two of you and I wish you the best!!" We went back to the hotel after going to air pak...kinda delirious.....looked at each other with pure amazement ad went to sleep...we woke up about 2 hours later and took the roller coaster ride back to Ochi........we thought we would celebrate but I think the whole shock of this "finally" being over hit and we had no energy!!!

Welcome Davis......just a quick check....if you were approved 10 days ago, are you sure Kingston has your packet already??? Have you confirmed with them?? Alos, your fiance can pick up packet 3 but sometimes they do not let him drop off the DS230 the same day...in my case...my fiance had to come back the next day and drop it off......then it takes about 1-2 weeks before they actually schedule the interview. You may already have all this info but your post was kinda vague and I wanted to make sure you had been given the specifics about the process.......good luck with your journey!!!!! (F)

Timeline

Oh good, I did not want to end up doing something I shouldn't do in front of the interviewer at the Embassy.

I have a question for the experts... We never got packet 3 since I sent the DS230 directly to the Embassy so when my friend goes to pick up packet 4 can she also ask for a packet 3?

Does #3 have the medical forms in it or is it #4?

One more, when he goes for his medical do they keep his passport and send it with the paperwork or do they give it back to him?

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I flew into Kingston for Henry's interview. As for mini vacation - yeah - a cultural vacation - a lot to see - museums including Bob Marley museum and the National Gallery, Devon House - kinda like a park with restaurants and stuff, but the house itself is the 19th century home of George Stiebel, the first black millionaire in the Caribbean!! There is National Heroes Park, a Natiional Dance and Theatre company.

Hellshire beach is not too far away - you can do a tour of the blue mountain coffee factory. There is lots - Bert would have to check ahead of time for the schedules and fees etc. I know there is night life, but cant vouch for that. Squittos can prob recommend something. There are some great restaurants and then some "dives" that are really good. Check out the Star Apple restaurant on Old Hope Road, near Bob Marley museum. I have a friend who does tours up to the Blue Mountains and you sleep up there. :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Mindy please check your PM. :help:.

I agree, the bus ride leaves much to be desired. I could not do it another time. When is your interview and how long will you be in Jamaica? If it is the weekend of October 28th, and you need to get from Kingston to Mobay, I can save you the bus ride. I am however arriving in Kingston on 10/28 and picking up a rental and head to the country and then return on Sunday night to overninght for the Monday interview. I always get a good deal on the rental from a friend there.

A taxi ride would be about $50.00 US between the North Coast and Kingston if you would want to avaoid the bus. Keep me posted with your plans and I could suggest some options. Vacationing in Kingston cannot compare to the country. The only thing about Kingston is that you can get around easily without a vehice wheras in the country, that may cost a bit. But you have more options in the country.

I agree, the bus ride leaves much to be desired. I could not do it another time. When is your interview and how long will you be in Jamaica? If it is the weekend of October 28th, and you need to get from Kingston to Mobay, I can save you the bus ride. I am however arriving in Kingston on 10/28 and picking up a rental and head to the country and then return on Sunday night to overninght for the Monday interview. I always get a good deal on the rental from a friend there.

A taxi ride would be about $50.00 US between the North Coast and Kingston if you would want to avaoid the bus. Keep me posted with your plans and I could suggest some options. Vacationing in Kingston cannot compare to the country. The only thing about Kingston is that you can get around easily without a vehice wheras in the country, that may cost a bit. But you have more options in the country.

Are there any others having thier interview in Kingston between October 27th and November 1st and who would actually be staying in Jamaica for a couple of days? I am hoping we can all possibly get together and celebrate the end of this journey. I figure we should all be celebrating since the advice given on this forum has been invaluable and should put us in good stead.

So if anyone in going to be in JA during that period, please let me know and we could exchange contact info and get together. I will be staying in Brown's Town in the country side. But I would have a rental for the week so getting around will not be a problem so I can easily make it to Kingston for those who will be "vacationing " there.

Darlene,

I am not sure you can pick up packet 4. Actually all there is in packet 4 is your appointment letter. All the forms are in packet 3, including the medical. So I guess it would make sense to pick up packet 3. If an interview date has already been set, it most likely means that they have already mailed the appointment letter.

In respect to the passport question, they never keep that. I will check my fiance, but I am sure he does not even have to walk with it whwn he goes to do the medical. Just the appoinment letter, the passport pics 4-6 I think and his immunization record if he has it. If not, then walk with an additional $8,000.00 JA$ in addition to the fee in case he needs shots.

[

Timeline

Thanks for the info regarding packets and medical.

If you are staying in Browstown why fly into Kingston? Isn't Mobay more convenient?

Where do you rent your car? Have you done that before? Just looking for other's experience with car rental.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my interview is on the 30th of October...but i will be in Ochi with mike...flying in the 29th and leaving the 31st...i know not a long stay...but if all goes well he will be here soon enough!!

as far as packet 4 yes you are able to pick it up...kim's husband Duane had to go get it because he never got it in the mail! So if he doesn't get it...he should make a trip to kingston to get it!! he will need it for his medical as well as your interview!

Timeline

The Embassy said they mailed it on the 20th so we are giving it a week but they never mailed out packet 3.

Did you get your plane ticket yet? The fares are crazy. I will probably pass you in the airport as I will be leaving on the 29th. When will Mike be joining you?

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So if anyone in going to be in JA during that period, please let me know and we could exchange contact info and get together. I will be staying in Brown's Town in the country side. But I would have a rental for the week so getting around will not be a problem so I can easily make it to Kingston for those who will be "vacationing " there.

Love Browns Town.. The kids there are really nice! :thumbs: I taught a few classes there with York Castle High School Kids. :star:

Jax how's the family holding up?

Taking it one day at a time.. Thanks Michelle for asking check your PM.

One Luv

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Just a quick correction...the medical forms are in PACKET 4 with your interview letter. Packet 3 is the one that I would not be over worried about getting because you can download all the necessary forms from the internet!!!

Wynter.....they do a blood test so if he smokes regularly.....maybe 3 months would be the best before he goes for his medical.............don't let him tell you that he can drink some special "bush tea"...it does not work!!!!Another couple I know tried it and they got a big fat denial at the embassy!!!!! I did not have to worry because Duane does not smoke but I was freaked because folks smoke so much all around and I was afraid he would test positive just for second-hand smoke.......(I know...I am a paranoid freak!!!!)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.