Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....

what a great yucky morning at work...blah....

oh well i have been in a battle with comcast for the past 3 weeks...finally gave them the boot today and ordered....direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

I have direct TV and I love it. I was so happy to get rid of Comcast. After paying $63 a month for not much I have tons of channels. And Comcast had the nerve to tell me when I was cancelling them that I should have called and and they would have lowered my rate. I said being a long time customer they should have offered me a lower rate.

I have lost signal for maybe 1 hour during one huge thunderstorm. No problems with snow or wind. Up in the 800 section is all music channels. Listening to root reggae now as I am cleaning my house.

i am excited to get it!!! i think it wil be better and cheaper in the long run!!! and mike will LOVE the hype tv so it is a good ting!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....

oh well i have been in a battle with comcast for the past 3 weeks...finally gave them the boot today and ordered....direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

I have direct TV and I love it. I was so happy to get rid of Comcast. After paying $63 a month for not much I have tons of channels. And Comcast had the nerve to tell me when I was cancelling them that I should have called and and they would have lowered my rate. I said being a long time customer they should have offered me a lower rate.

I have lost signal for maybe 1 hour during one huge thunderstorm. No problems with snow or wind. Up in the 800 section is all music channels. Listening to root reggae now as I am cleaning my house.

i am excited to get it!!! i think it wil be better and cheaper in the long run!!! and mike will LOVE the hype tv so it is a good ting!!!

Today is the first Saturday that I have not worked since March and on channel 300 was BETJ and most of the day was all Reggae. It was awesome. I had heard about it before but forgot.

The dish is much cheaper that cable the only thing missing is on demand (free stuff) but lots of pay per view to choose from.

I will wait until Bert gets here and see if he want the Hype TV.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Hello everyone....

Today is the first Saturday that I have not worked since March and on channel 300 was BETJ and most of the day was all Reggae. It was awesome. I had heard about it before but forgot.

The dish is much cheaper that cable the only thing missing is on demand (free stuff) but lots of pay per view to choose from.

i was watching betj today when the kids were sleeping!!! it was so great to watch it felt like i was in JA..minus the heat and the bugs :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....

i was watching betj today when the kids were sleeping!!! it was so great to watch it felt like i was in JA..minus the heat and the bugs :lol:

:lol::lol:

I love my DirecTV. I used to have time warner cable because you get TVJ on that. You get JA news, soap operas, talk shows and the old sitcoms that were just crazy. You also could see this show called Hill and Gully Ride where they take you all over JA looking for certain places to answer questions (usually a mysterious historical context). I really miss TVJ.

For those who have been to the Embassy for your interview how did you react when you were told you were approved? :luv:

Just wondering if you hugged, kissed, screamed or whatever when you go the good news.

My Henry is an understated type. He blinked, thanked the interviewer and Walked SLOWLY back to the hotel. Came in sat on the bed and said "I get through you know." That was it. I had to extract every ounce of info from him with a dentists drill. :angry: We are not the jump up and down type, but sheesh. :whistle: We had our AOS approved a few weeks ago and we still have not celebrated. I think we are just mainly RELIEVED!! :D

I know folks who said they were too tired and numb to react.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline

Shuana do you have a wedding date set yet? What are your wedding plans?

It seems that there are several K-1er's-nannygirl, darlene, trinilad and the Savanphil's (CR-1/IR-1) interviews in October. Has everyone else made any wedding plans yet?

I sure hope the K-3'ers, Dru and Marsha get their interviews soon :yes:.

Julie-how are your plans going for your "big" wedding in Negril? I know you and your hubby can't wait to show off your beautiful baby :luv:

Kim how are you and your georgous twins doing? Are they on the same feeding/sleeping schedule now?

Has anyone heard from ricardoswife? She should have had her baby by now.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Hello everyone

I have been searching for a person or a place where I could get support and a little bit of understanding. I stumbled across this site and have felt a bit of relief ever since.

I have been reading everyone's helpful advice and trying to educate myself through this LONG Fiance visa process.

I have PM a few of you already and I am so thankful for all the great advice and information that was sent to me.

Just to give you a little background. Rohan and I started the process in July and we got approved about 10 days ago and I am so excited. He is in Kingston with family waiting until Monday to go to the Embassy to pick up "THE PACKET" and get his interview date (DS-230 completed already!).

I have a serious dilemma, can't go to the interview 98% sure of it .

I would love some advice from someone who was in the same situation as myself.

Thanks

Happy Saturday!!!

Rhonda -- We're all sleeping..... :lol: :lol:

Sure, just rub it in :P Most of the normal people of the world are asleep while I'm at work. That's one of the reasons I hate this shift.

Well...when you join, they give you a book that has the point calculation for the most commons foods so you can have an idea for each food. They also sell a book that has almost ALL restautants in it and points for each item.

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: Is it expensive to join? I may have to try it. I'm trying to start working out again too, but it's SOOOO hard :( I just started a Pilates class on Thursdays that will be once a week for an hour and lasts 12 weeks. That will get me headed in the right direction. Then I just need to add a few days of cardio on my own time and I might get somewhere. :blush:

Hello everyone....

I'm getting pretty tired of Comcast myself. They keep raising their prices and I get nothing in return :angry: But, believe it or not, I did call them the other day and told them I was thinking of switching and they lowered my rate :D Even if it is only $10 a month cheaper - it's better than nothing!

In all my time of reading, I have not come across anyone being denied in Jamaica. Guess it's kind of hard to imagine what you could possibly do wrong to get denied. So none of us will ever know what a bad Jamaican experience was like.

This is NOT true at all. TWO different people's fiances from this thread have been denied for testing positive for ganja! Then they have to wait 3 years to apply again.

Also, many people have gotten temporarily denied until they provided more information or proof of relationship. Most of these incidents occurred when the U.S. fiance was NOT present at the interview. They definately badger them a lot more if the U.S. citizen is not there.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Most of these incidents occurred when the U.S. fiance was NOT present at the interview. They definitely badger them a lot more if the U.S. citizen is not there.

Ooo... No This is not good at all for me. :crying: I dont know how I am going to get to Jamaica?

P.S Rhonda its ok I work nights too I will keep you company :D

Welcome Davis1026. If you absolutely can't make it to the interview make sure you're fiance is well prepared. Others here have given a list of the questions asked so if you prepare for that and have all of your documents and evidence prepared well you'll probably be ok.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Myisha(ricardoswife) had a little girl on September 1st! :dance::dance: Everyone is doing well and she hopes to post a picture of the baby soon. Congratulations Myisha and Ricardo!!

Timeline

It seems that there are several K-1er's-nannygirl, darlene, trinilad and the Savanphil's (CR-1/IR-1) interviews in October. Has everyone else made any wedding plans yet?

well that is a very good question :yes: i have not really planned anything yet...don't want to jinx myself...but i already bought myself a lovely dress from torrid...it like a brown shimmery dress...i was thinking late november or early december...not too sure yet...and i am not sure if i want to go to the JP or go somewhere and have a private likke cerimony or just save that for the "real" day...these are the ideas i have been flip flopping over..i liked kim's cake so i think i will get one of those..that i have decided on :lol::lol: ...but everything else is still up in the air...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Davis :D(F)

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: Is it expensive to join? I may have to try it. I'm trying to start working out again too, but it's SOOOO hard :( I just started a Pilates class on Thursdays that will be once a week for an hour and lasts 12 weeks. That will get me headed in the right direction. Then I just need to add a few days of cardio on my own time and I might get somewhere. :blush:

Rhonda if you decided to join there are many places for meetings at different times. I joined using my credit card because it was the cheapest at $9.22 a session. So I paid for the whole month at 39 bucks. I believe it works I was sitting next to 2 members who had each lost over 100 pounds. Wow thats amazing they lost like a 7th grader :yes::lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning family.

Welcome Davis1026. Good luck on your visa journey.

Congrats Richardoswife and family (F)

Rhonda - Weight Watchers is now offering free regristation so it cost $14 to sign-up and $14 for weekly meetings but check their website to make sure it's the same for your area.

Damien and I were too tired and drained to celebrate our K-1 interview approval right away. We were too nervous to sleep the night before. The Embassy didn't require interview appointments back then so we wanted to be the first couple there..we arrived at 5am...10 people were ahead of us. Well we were the first couple upstairs but the last to be interviewed...got tired of waiting, sleepy and very hungry. After our approval, we had 15 minutes to run back to hotel to pack and check out. We got some food then headed to the bus station for our 4 hour roller coaster ride back to Mo'Bay :wacko:

We passed out when we finally made to Damien's house. His friends had to wake us up to celebrate. Their cook made us a special dinner...it was really nice. I was leaving the JA the next day so that night was extra special :wub: We still talk about like it was night before...hard to believe that was almost two years ago (L) .

well that is a very good question :yes: i have not really planned anything yet...don't want to jinx myself...but i already bought myself a lovely dress from torrid...it like a brown shimmery dress...i was thinking late november or early december...not too sure yet...and i am not sure if i want to go to the JP or go somewhere and have a private likke cerimony or just save that for the "real" day...these are the ideas i have been flip flopping over..i liked kim's cake so i think i will get one of those..that i have decided on :lol::lol: ...but everything else is still up in the air...

I love Torrid. I love the one in Virginia...the closest one to me in Maryland sucks. Good luck on whatever wedding plans you decide.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OH MY GOD! Denied for testing positive for ganja--oh Christ, he'll never get here

Annquote name='rhondapayter' date='Sep 24 2006, 05:05 AM' post='466230']

Happy Saturday!!!

Rhonda -- We're all sleeping..... :lol: :lol:

Sure, just rub it in :P Most of the normal people of the world are asleep while I'm at work. That's one of the reasons I hate this shift.

Well...when you join, they give you a book that has the point calculation for the most commons foods so you can have an idea for each food. They also sell a book that has almost ALL restautants in it and points for each item.

Hello everyone....

I'm getting pretty tired of Comcast myself. They keep raising their prices and I get nothing in return :angry: But, believe it or not, I did call them the other day and told them I was thinking of switching and they lowered my rate :D Even if it is only $10 a month cheaper - it's better than nothing!

In all my time of reading, I have not come across anyone being denied in Jamaica. Guess it's kind of hard to imagine what you could possibly do wrong to get denied. So none of us will ever know what a bad Jamaican experience was like.

This is NOT true at all. TWO different people's fiances from this thread have been denied for testing positive for ganja! Then they have to wait 3 years to apply again.

Also, many people have gotten temporarily denied until they provided more information or proof of relationship. Most of these incidents occurred when the U.S. fiance was NOT present at the interview. They definately badger them a lot more if the U.S. citizen is not there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Best wishes for what u decided on your wedding. Do you have colors picked out? :)

Myisha(ricardoswife) had a little girl on September 1st! :dance::dance: Everyone is doing well and she hopes to post a picture of the baby soon. Congratulations Myisha and Ricardo!!

Congratulations :dance: I can't wait to see the little girl's pictures soon. I am sure she is a cute baby :star:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

.direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

HypeTV has made my life so much easier -- Roy watches it 24/7....one of the best things I ever did!!

For those who have been to the Embassy for your interview how did you react when you were told you were approved? :luv: Just wondering if you hugged, kissed, screamed or whatever when you go the good news.
We were both so stunned and emotionally drained that we didn't do anything....just kind of looked at each other and said "thank you" to the interviewer. Went back to the hotel -- posted the results on VJ -- then went back to our room and just sat there and stared at each other. It was very uneventful!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.