Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

For your husband....he is the one who is getting the Visa, right?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

I even went and checked the form to make sure.... :D

I feel like Rhonda today....:lol: :lol: :lol: It is sooooo slow at work and I am sooooo bored!!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

thanks minfay yes he is the one gettingthe visa

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!! :dance::jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope everyone has a nice weekend!! :dance::jest:

Ditto.

Jax - sorry about your loss (F) You and your family are in my prayers.

Jamie - good to see you. We miss you (L) .

Jill - I talked to Rita and they are doing great. Tashi recently got his green card - without an interview. Not sure about the rest of the other VJers.

Elizabeth - thanks for the info. I have to watch my carbs too.

Take care everyone.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

:crying:

Where is everyone today? Now I'm subjected to playing "Movie Pong" in Off Topic....I'm really bored, can you tell.....?????

:lol::lol:

I am hanging out on my weight loss forum talking bout low cal caribbean cooking....as in HOW???!!!

Howdy Folks

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I am alive. Andre still is too but we have had a couple close calls :whistle::lol:

Things are going ok...in the last month or two we have moved and I started school and got a different job. We just got internet back at the house after almost a month and a half without...trust me I hate the library now. Andre is still loving his job and they are loving him. Today is actually the 1 year anniversary of his arrival to the states. We went out to celebrate. I can hardly believe a year has passed...crazy :huh: This was probably the hardest year of my life honestly but I am so glad we are still going strong (L)

Good to see all the newbies around and great to see all the "old" faces. Glad to hear everyone is surviving.

I know its late and all but Julie...wow what an absolutely wonderful baby boy :wub: If we can all only be so lucky.

Congrats to everyone elses great news...there is so much I am not even going to try :wacko:

May God continue to bless all of us in this great family :yes:

Much Love,

Jamie (L)

Jax~ So sorry for the loss. What a hard time for you and your husband and his family. Stay strong (F)

Jamie!!! honey!!!! I have been thinking about you soooo much the past few days!! :luv:

Also......about the cooking thing...Duane used to cook a lot too and now it is rare.....!! He is a great cook...he made some red pea chicken soup with ####### soup from JA...it was yummy!!!

Thanks all.....the advice is real helpful.

Gyal shut yuh mouth! :D I and I hungry. I and I on a eating plan and me kyaan ave no jamaican food. dem only 'low me fe rub jerk seasoning pon de chicken or de fish before me bake it, but me kyan cook it ina stew an dem seh the packet soup ave tuh much sodium. LAAANNG KISTEET!!! :angry:

But I wanna lose 80lbs and be like you Kim (you are my hero!! shero!! :D ) So I am off to eat my grilled veggies and talapia fish. YUM!!!

Oh girl, I hear ya crying. I am on a low carb low sugar or NO CARB NO SUGAR (it feels like) diet. Its due to this infection I have, I guess its yeast related, so have to cut out ALL DA GOOD STUFF. No potatoes, no dumplings, no roti, no bread, very lil fruits....waaaaaa. I am losing weight, which is a good thing. But :crying::crying: Lake is a good cook, so he HAS been rustling up spinach/green bean plus whatever meat stew for me...but after a while...bleh! I can have salt tho, salt is a GOOOOD thing, long as its sea salt or natural salt, NOT regular table salt. Weird huh? I been on it for three days, and I think I would kill for a chip right now! :lol:

I laughin bout ya all catchin the novel postin contagion. :lol:

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

I was looking at all the people that are tied to the Jamaican embassy (on embassy info). And there so many people that we never heard from again. I wonder what has happend to them. Maybe some don't even know that there is a network of people in this section. hmmm.

what happend to:

ricardo

Mrs Smith

Eric D

Miss Thickness

Leos Champion

Neveryourstokeep (aka Rita)

just to name a few

Mrs Parker too !!! I would love to know the status of Eric's case...

Any plans for the weekend?

A client of mine gave me 4 tickets to go to Hershey Park (that expire Sunday), so we're gonna check it out tomorrow. I haven't been there in yeeeears. Craig "says" he's going to ride EVERY ride....we'll see :P

Hope everyone is having a nice day and has a nice weekend!

Jamie, good to see ya 'round :P How are your babies?

Kelly

too bad i have to work and still sick....but i was going to go up and visit my family i would have met you guys there :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Regarding "us" doing everything for "them"......

Roy LOVES Deal or no Deal. He is just learing how to use the computer (at school) and he has me do the "Lucky Case Game" for him (because he really thinks we are going to win). I log on and he tells me which case to choose.

Well....last night, I was watching Grey's Anatomy (upstairs) and he was downstairs watching DOND. At about 8:30 I went down to make sure of the number he wanted me to pick...he was sound asleep with the dogs on the couch. I (kinda) yelled his name and he continued to snore away.....so, I went up to the computer and picked his case.

About 10 minutes later he is SCREAMING for me....I thought something happened with one of the dogs because he was yelling and yelling and yelling and I couldn't understand what he was saying. I run downstairs and there he is, still laying on the couch wanting to know if I picked his case for him. #*&^% @)*&^%$ Tonight, he will be learning how to use the computer. I told him no more..... :bonk:

OMG........NO WAY.......Duane has been doing the EXACT thing this last week....except he has ME Text the winning case......he is convinced that we are going to win and he has me thinking we just may win someday........... :yes::yes:

Last night during Grey's Anatony, he is telling me to switch the channel so we can pick the case and win!!!! I thought we were the only ones...... :lol::lol:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey...Weight Watchers point system is what I did to lose the 80 lbs.....and most importantly.....keep it off!!!!It really taught me how to eat and portion control. I was a size 20 and now and wearing size 10 so I lost half of me!!!! I show Duane the "fat" pictures and he keeps telling that he is sooooo happy he met me after the weight loss...he likes dem gyals thin.......guess I need to keep it off FOREVER!!!

I tried all the other diets that restrict certain foods but everytime I went off them , the weight came right back......with WW, I was able to eat ANY food and I was in control of what foods I ate.....I lost about 2-5 lbs each and it gave me inspiration to keep going......you should check it out....it really works!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

HELLO HELLO HELLO,

I am at work bored so I thought I would drop in and say hello to all of you!!! I have not been keeping

with the forum. So i hope all is well with everyone?

As for me I am doing great and enjoying life to the fullest, i have met a wonderful man and we have been together for about 3 months now...I know some might think it is kinda fast to get into another relationship after what happened with calling off the wedding but this new relationship happened by chance and by the grace of god...I am more happier now then I have been in a long time....I have kept in contact with a few of you but I miss the others on this thread, I still consider you all my friends.

Here is my e-mail if anyone wants to keep in contact jkb919@yahoo.com

Until later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Speaking from experience...you have to be willing to let them lead and be in control as much as possible, even when you know the "right" answer

OMG - this is SO true and I struggle with it, I really like to be right :P

OCTOBER 27TH........... :yes::yes:

Just got an e-mail response asking if an interview date has been set.

And last week they told me early November. :wacko:

Hopefully I can use my miles to go down as I am already leaving on the 10th of November for 12 days.

:dance:

:dance::dance: YAY!!! Congratulations!!

Edited by Sbys

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well they sent Dwains dad home last night and I don't understand why they did because he wasn't doing any better. We think they sent him home to die. This morning my hubbys dad did pass away. :crying:(F)

I'm so sorry Jax (L)

I know its late and all but Julie...wow what an absolutely wonderful baby boy :wub: If we can all only be so lucky.

Thanks so much Jamie :luv: Its great to see you on the board again, we've missed you! You've had a lot going on lately - how is school going??

Have a Happy Thursday and remember...Greys Anatomy starts the new season TONIGHT!!!! That is one of my shows!!!!!

I've never watched it before but I heard it was the best - think I can start up in the 3rd season or shoudl I go back and catch up on the first two?

Jamie I miss you soooooo much!!! Your positive energy is something that I personally miss..... :energetic:

Definitely :yes::yes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

There will be some rumblings tomorrow as he does not want me to spend the money to go to the interview seeing I will be going down on the 10th of November anyway but I really want to be there.

Can't you just pay the fee and change your Nov. 10th ticket to go down sooner for the interview? Most airlines will let you do this for a $100 fee.

Where is everyone today? I'm really bored, can you tell.....?????

I feel your pain :yes: NO ONE is on here while I'm at work - from 10pm-6:30am - I hate the midnight shift :angry::ranting: And to top it off I have to work Sat. and Sun. :crying::angry::cry:

I feel like Rhonda today....:lol: :lol: :lol: It is sooooo slow at work and I am sooooo bored!!!!

:P Very funny Mindy! It's 4:25am - where IS everybody?? :wacko::lol::whistle: I'm bored too!

Hey...Weight Watchers point system is what I did to lose the 80 lbs.....and most importantly.....keep it off!!!!It really taught me how to eat and portion control. I was a size 20 and now and wearing size 10 so I lost half of me!!!! I show Duane the "fat" pictures and he keeps telling that he is sooooo happy he met me after the weight loss...he likes dem gyals thin.......guess I need to keep it off FOREVER!!!

That's awesome :thumbs: I want to lose about 20 lbs. and my sister recommended Weight Watchers. She's done it and she even worked there for awhile!! But, how do you calculate how many points each food has? Especially when you go out to eat! (bad habit of mine) And what happens when you eat your allotted points and you're still hungry? :innocent::blush:

HELLO HELLO HELLO,

I am at work bored so I thought I would drop in and say hello to all of you!!! I have not been keeping

with the forum. So i hope all is well with everyone?

Hey girl :luv: We miss you in these parts. It's good to hear from you. I'm glad everything is going well.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Rhonda

I have been on several times at night and then YOUR NOT HERE! :crying: We just keep missing each other. :lol:

Yea, what DO you eat when your points are up? There are a few free things, I dont know bout weight watchers, but eggs have no sugar, and very lil if any carbs. You can eat most all ya want of them. :P

I was bad tonite. I had a snack. Then I paid for it. Sigh... One gets mighty tired of eggs.... :whistle:

Does anyone know the carb value of garlic and onions? Or calorie value? Or can one eat all of that they want?

Sure wish the doc would run some definitive tests on us. :( Then I would know if I have candida, Lyme, bacterial infection, mold, fungus...you name it. Sorry, just blathering on.

Watch the cotton you buy, and wash it first. Sometimes it has the itchies. The bt cotton in India this last year made all the farmers ill (killed the sheep) , and I think its part of whats in some of Walmarts cotton products. :( I sure wished they would label that Genetically Modified #######. Getting off my soapbox now....

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.