NYC-KK

I-134 Supporting Evidence A

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The instructions for filing the I-134 specify that they want statements from officers of banks and other finanical institutions where one has deposits. Does this mean that one has to ask officials at these institutions to write and sign personalized letters, or is it sufficient to attach the usual computer-generated statements that these institutions provide?

Edited by NYC-KK

Ron

Usually they will have form letters all ready, just ask your bank manager.

Are you using deposits to prove your level of support? If not, you do not need to include evidence for this.

Letter from you boss, and transcripts of your tax returns should be sufficient.

Moved to Consulate, better fit than K-1.

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

The instructions for filing the I-134 specify that they want statements from officers of banks and other finanical institutions where one has deposits. Does this mean that one has to ask officials at these institutions to write and sign personalized letters, or is it sufficient to attach the usual computer-generated statements that these institutions provide?

Most banks will have a formatted letter. For me Citibank only ask reason of my request and directly forwarded letter to Rio de Janeiro and send copies to my home address. My attorney also suggested, if letter is not going to be attached as part of/and proof, is recommended to show 6 month of bank statements.. I did both, rather have more than less..

vp

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
The instructions for filing the I-134 specify that they want statements from officers of banks and other finanical institutions where one has deposits.

Only if your income is not sufficient. Is this the case?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Are you using deposits to prove your level of support? If not, you do not need to include evidence for this.

1) Letter from you boss, and 2) transcripts of your tax returns should be sufficient.

Only if the above 2 are insufficient should you need to use deposits, property or securities accounts to

demonstrate level of support. I also included my most recent pay statements in addition to 1) and 2).

My transcript was for 2006-2007-2008 and it was free from the IRS.

I blanked out the social security numbers printed therein in the copy that will be presented to the Consulate.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline
The instructions for filing the I-134 specify that they want statements from officers of banks and other finanical institutions where one has deposits.

No, my income is not a problem.

Ron

Timeline

Then there is no need or reason to declare any assets at all. Leave those sections blank.

Timeline

Letter from you boss, and transcripts of your tax returns should be sufficient.

Thanks, no, my income is sufficient. I just thought that they wanted proof of all of my assets in writing from my Bank, and from my employer sponsored investment plans. From what you are saying, however, I do not need these things. Still, I will answer all of the questions regarding such things as money on deposit in savings accounts, stocks owned, life insurance, etc., and I will provide computerized statements to prove these things. Certainly, I would rather not have to chase down bank managers to get letters signed.

Ron

Timeline

Most banks will have a formatted letter. For me Citibank only ask reason of my request and directly forwarded letter to Rio de Janeiro and send copies to my home address. My attorney also suggested, if letter is not going to be attached as part of/and proof, is recommended to show 6 month of bank statements.. I did both, rather have more than less..

vp

Thanks. I'm a bit confused, however, because some members have said that if income is sufficient, then don't worry about getting a letter from the bank. Maybe I should get the letter anyway? That is easy. It would be harder to get one from the Teachers Retirement System where I have a Tax Deferred Annuity Plan and the City of New York where I have a 401K. So I would prefer to bypass those letters and just use computer-generated monthly statements. What do you think?

Ron

vp

Thanks. I'm a bit confused, however, because some members have said that if income is sufficient, then don't worry about getting a letter from the bank. Maybe I should get the letter anyway? That is easy. It would be harder to get one from the Teachers Retirement System where I have a Tax Deferred Annuity Plan and the City of New York where I have a 401K. So I would prefer to bypass those letters and just use computer-generated monthly statements. What do you think?

If your income is sufficient to meet the requirements on its own, feel free to leave the bank account and other asset information blank and omit the monthly statements. You only need to provide this information if you're using it to meet the requirements.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

vp

If your income is sufficient to meet the requirements on its own, feel free to leave the bank account and other asset information blank and omit the monthly statements. You only need to provide this information if you're using it to meet the requirements.

Thanks, and thanks for your save-enabled forms. Much appreciated!

Ron

Timeline

Then there is no need or reason to declare any assets at all. Leave those sections blank.

Thanks

Ron

Timeline

Just to confirm what others have said, if income itself is sufficient, there is no need to declare any of the other assets. I did not declare additional assets for either the I-134 or the I-864 (affidavit during Adjustment of Status). I did include letters from my employer stating my starting date of employment, full-time status and current annual income. I also included my past year's tax transcript.

Timeline
I did include letters from my employer stating my starting date of employment, full-time status and current annual income. I also included my past year's tax transcript.

Same here, except for the fact that I did not include the employment letter with my I-864. I probably should have, but the one I used w/ my I-134 was months old and I was too lazy to ask for a new one.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all, my fiance is in Peru and we are trying to figure out supporting docs for the I 134. Do the letters from the bank and my employer need to be notarized? Thanks!

7/20/2009 - Mailed I 129F. Here we go!!

7/24/2009 - NOA1 !!!

7/29/2009 - Touched

9/28/2009 - NOA2!!! PRAISE GOD!

9/30/2009 - Received by NVC

11/9/2009 Interview date!

11/19/2009 Entry to US.

11/23/2009 Marriage!

12/23/2009 MailedI485 and I765

12/30/2009 NOA 1 for I485 and I765

1/23/2010 Transferred to CSC

2/8/2010 Walk in Biometrics in Fort Worth

2/12/2010 Touched

2/24/2010 EAD Card Production Ordered!!

2/27/2010 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! PRAISE GOD!

3/1/2010 EAD Card production ordered (again!)

3/2/2010 Email - EAD Approval notice mailed!

3/3/2010 Email - AOS Approval noticed mailed!

3/32010 EAD touched.

3/4/2010 AOS touched.

3/4/2010 EAD and Green card in the mail!!!! PRAISE GOD FOR ALL HIS BLESSINGS! AOS - 2 months and 4 days after first NOA!

3/5/2010 Welcome letter from USCIS in the mail. HAHA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.