that_girl

November 2009 filers

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Megger & Ewan. You've got it. And you Mrs, are so deserving. You have been a rock, a cheer and a comfort for everyone else for the last 6 months. This is the good news of the day and I am so, so happy and relieved for you.

Mrs Naddy. Mr Naddy has worrying family situation, he needs his woman, and where are you? Still waiting for a consulate to process you, nearly a month after you sent packet 3 back. Me and you still in the same boat. London still not even logged our cases a month on.

I can't post on the UK interview forum no more due to the presence of a big cheese member, who brags about being personal friends with the UK CO's and who takes great pleasure in berating, humiliating and attacking anyone who dares express frustration, upset at the stresses of their own personal situation, or even humorous jibing about the London embassy for the long wait. S/he has already mockingly pointed out that I seem to think I am "entitled" to a visa (which I have never said), and took great pleasure in emphasizing that I am not and I am clearly not aware that it is in fact, a privilege. It's nice to know there will always be someone who enjoys kicking a dog when it's down.

I will be eternally grateful for the support, comraderie and all the laughs you good people on this forum have given me during these soul destroying 6 months. I love you all x

london is slow what,cant believe.they need some spanking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It seems like we are going to elope in Vermont at the end of May. We just found a cute little inn, where the owner is a Justice of Peace, so she can marry us :) :) Everything will be low key as there is just too much stuff going on to plan a normal wedding plus we are moving again. So, we decided to have a wedding party later, maybe in the fall, when I can have my parents here too.

I will file for AOS as soon as possible - I would really like to start working again.

Off topic question for the girls on this thread - are you planning to change your name after the wedding? I like the idea, it's just weird mixing the foreign names.... thoughts?

So yes,I am not entirely convinced Megan about the I-134 question I asked yest,I know I know this is not a huge mess up yet,but would like to know so that it calms my nerves :)

Oh and KisK, what an awesome idea!! Vermont I have heard is beautiful,well,apart from being the place of our awesome service center:P.That sounds romantic.

Regarding changing names,I am keen on doing it.I do not think we had a discussion about it or that he would mind if I did not,but I wanted to,so will be changing my name.But my name would definitely sound a tad weird after the change.In my state in India,we do not have middle names,so am thinking of making my surname my middle name or just retain the first letter of the surname and take his last name.I cannot hyphenate cos that would make my name too long,and it would be a hell of a problem filling up forms.

And seems like we would be filling up a lot of forms in the next some years :P

And heisable how did your medicals go?Good Luck with it!

Edited by JohnAnwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

WAHOO!!!

APPROVED! Just got off the phone - he said it was super easy.

They asked him:

If he'd ever met my parents, what I do for a living, and what my brother's name is.

Phew! I'm so relieved! They should be printing and sending the visa shortly - we're hoping for a POE one week from today!!!

AHHH!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOO happy for youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Megger & Ewan. You've got it. And you Mrs, are so deserving. You have been a rock, a cheer and a comfort for everyone else for the last 6 months. This is the good news of the day and I am so, so happy and relieved for you.

Mrs Naddy. Mr Naddy has worrying family situation, he needs his woman, and where are you? Still waiting for a consulate to process you, nearly a month after you sent packet 3 back. Me and you still in the same boat. London still not even logged our cases a month on.

I can't post on the UK interview forum no more due to the presence of a big cheese member, who brags about being personal friends with the UK CO's and who takes great pleasure in berating, humiliating and attacking anyone who dares express frustration, upset at the stresses of their own personal situation, or even humorous jibing about the London embassy for the long wait. S/he has already mockingly pointed out that I seem to think I am "entitled" to a visa (which I have never said), and took great pleasure in emphasizing that I am not and I am clearly not aware that it is in fact, a privilege. It's nice to know there will always be someone who enjoys kicking a dog when it's down.

I will be eternally grateful for the support, comraderie and all the laughs you good people on this forum have given me during these soul destroying 6 months. I love you all x

I had a dream last night that I got my interview letter today......was it a premonition, or just delirium from too many 11-hour days at work? Hoping for the first....yours is coming too Mrs. Dog. Chin up :)

K1 Graduates - Class of November 2009

KisK - graduated March 24th, 2010 (139 days after NOA1)

T and J - graduated March 29th, 2010 (139 days after NOA1)

Megan & Ewen - graduated April 14th, 2010 (159 days after NOA1)

Imminent Examination...

JL_n_JL - 4/29/2010

JohnAnwesha - 5/24/2010

Heisable - 7/7/2010

And in answer to the name question....I'm in two minds about this. I think changing your name is one of the exciting bits about getting married, but a lot of my friends refer to me by my last name so it's a big part of my identity.

So I think I'm going to double-barrel officially (drivers license, passport, etc) and just go by his name for every day. It's quite important to him that I take him name I think, so this is a happy compromise :)

Double-barrelling will, however, give me the longest name in the world, given that I also have 2 middle names....hee hee!!

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

And in answer to the name question....I'm in two minds about this. I think changing your name is one of the exciting bits about getting married, but a lot of my friends refer to me by my last name so it's a big part of my identity.

So I think I'm going to double-barrel officially (drivers license, passport, etc) and just go by his name for every day. It's quite important to him that I take him name I think, so this is a happy compromise :)

Double-barrelling will, however, give me the longest name in the world, given that I also have 2 middle names....hee hee!!

I agree, changing names is such a nice way of showing commitment, and I like the idea of sharing surnames with my future children. I like my name too though, so I was considering either the middle name solution like Anwesha, or double-barreling like Miss Jess. It sounds OK in English, but in Hungarian, where the surname comes first it has a very weird ring to it.

Megan - I understand you not wanting to change everything, we foreign fiancees have the "advantage" of having to file for all those papers anyway :) :)

I would also think that changing your name is a strong evidence of a real marriage during the AOS....

Lifting conditions: 2012-05-25

AOS process

• AOS package sent: 2010-06-24
  • NOA1 AOS/EAD/AP: 2010-07-02
  • Biometrics walk-in: 2010-07-14 (original appointment: 2010-08-05)
  • AOS transferred to CSC: 2010-07-29
  • AOS approved, card production ordered: 2010-08-26
  • Welcome letter received: 2010-08-30
  • EAD and AP approved: 2010-08-31
  • GC received!!!!!!!!: 2010-09-02

K1 process

• I-129F Sent: 2009-10-28
  • I-129F NOA1: 2009-11-05
  • I-129F NOA2: 2010-02-19
  • Received Packet3: 2010-03-09
  • Medical: 2010-03-17
  • Interview: 2010-03-24
  • Visa in hand: 2010-03-25
  • POE: 2010-04-01 (IAD)
  • Wedding: 2010-05-29

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree, changing names is such a nice way of showing commitment, and I like the idea of sharing surnames with my future children. I like my name too though, so I was considering either the middle name solution like Anwesha, or double-barreling like Miss Jess. It sounds OK in English, but in Hungarian, where the surname comes first it has a very weird ring to it.

Megan - I understand you not wanting to change everything, we foreign fiancees have the "advantage" of having to file for all those papers anyway :) :)

I would also think that changing your name is a strong evidence of a real marriage during the AOS....

I guess what it comes down to is that I'm not a big traditionalist. No white dress for my wedding, no changing my name, no diamonds in my ring. They're just things that don't make sense in my life. Maybe if Ewan would hyphenate and put my last name in his, I'd double-barrel it, too. :P

To each her own, though, and it's just good that we all have someone for whom we can make this decision! Yay!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Timeline

Speaking of wedding dress, I thought I would share this with you all:

post-75810-12713374805907_thumb.jpeg

That's my dress! Woo hoo! I've lost about 1.5 dress sizes since I bought it, somehow, but luckily it still fits and looks good. Only a few more weeks until I get to wear it for real instead of just playing dress-up in my room :blush:

I-129F

AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

To each her own, though, and it's just good that we all have someone for whom we can make this decision! Yay!

Completely agree... and it is the marriage that is important, not the wedding.

That's my dress! Woo hoo! I've lost about 1.5 dress sizes since I bought it, somehow, but luckily it still fits and looks good. Only a few more weeks until I get to wear it for real instead of just playing dress-up in my room :blush:

It's beautiful! I was just wondering what I will where for my elopement :) - you gave me some good ideas - I think I'll go with a summer dress too, love the print!!!! Where did you get it?

Lifting conditions: 2012-05-25

AOS process

• AOS package sent: 2010-06-24
  • NOA1 AOS/EAD/AP: 2010-07-02
  • Biometrics walk-in: 2010-07-14 (original appointment: 2010-08-05)
  • AOS transferred to CSC: 2010-07-29
  • AOS approved, card production ordered: 2010-08-26
  • Welcome letter received: 2010-08-30
  • EAD and AP approved: 2010-08-31
  • GC received!!!!!!!!: 2010-09-02

K1 process

• I-129F Sent: 2009-10-28
  • I-129F NOA1: 2009-11-05
  • I-129F NOA2: 2010-02-19
  • Received Packet3: 2010-03-09
  • Medical: 2010-03-17
  • Interview: 2010-03-24
  • Visa in hand: 2010-03-25
  • POE: 2010-04-01 (IAD)
  • Wedding: 2010-05-29

Timeline

This is just so you!

I love the dress.I love it.It is swirling with colors,very much a non-conformist's dress :)

I am not a conformist either,or a tradionalist.But for me the white dress would be going non-traditional anyway heeh!

Which now by the looks of our finances(or the lack of it ) will also have to be traded for something else.

But I would have have loved to wear a nice white dress,doing those Christian wedding things,and crying a bit sniff sniff.

Anyway,I shall be happy if I have a simple wedding and a nice beachy honeymoon too ;)

K-1 Visa

AOS

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

My humble blog:

event.png

Timeline

Completely agree... and it is the marriage that is important, not the wedding.

It's beautiful! I was just wondering what I will where for my elopement :) - you gave me some good ideas - I think I'll go with a summer dress too, love the print!!!! Where did you get it?

I got it an Anthropologie (online store) Too expensive for me unless it's on sale, usually, but I got this dress on sale for $100. Not bad for a wedding dress. It's very retro-y, vintage inspired stuff - right up my alley.

This is just so you!

I love the dress.I love it.It is swirling with colors,very much a non-conformist's dress :)

I am not a conformist either,or a tradionalist.But for me the white dress would be going non-traditional anyway heeh!

Which now by the looks of our finances(or the lack of it ) will also have to be traded for something else.

But I would have have loved to wear a nice white dress,doing those Christian wedding things,and crying a bit sniff sniff.

Anyway,I shall be happy if I have a simple wedding and a nice beachy honeymoon too ;)

I hope you find something that you like. Simple and inexpensive can certainly still be memorable, fun and beautiful (at least I hope so, 'cause that's the way we're going, too!). Not to mention the fact that you, my dear Anwesha, would be a beautiful and breath-taking bride even in a burlap sack!

I hear you on the finances situation... We're hoping to move shortly after Ewan gets here, and I have saved up just enough for the deposit and first month's rent on a new apartment plus the AOS, so it looks like my (uh, our...) plans for even a long weekend honeymoon are going to be postponed until after a few months of Ewan working. Oh well. Just having him back here after so long will be like a honeymoon in and of itself!

I-129F

AoS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh what a wonderful journey :dance: !!! Just few months ago we were all acting like a buch of nuts in a mental institution desperately clinging for a shot of NOA2 :angry::angry: . Some of us even went as far as calling GOD to intervine and punish those who have denied to inject us with NOA2 :devil::devil: , some were even upset that an Earthquake hit Haiti becuase it might have slowed down the deliver of our fix... :crying::crying: But look at as now!!!! We are talking about wedding dresses, changing or not changing last names, diamong rings; wedding bells and all that in-laws headache... :thumbs::thumbs: And even though some of are still waiting form some more P4 vaccine, we have come a long way from a buch of drug addicts to a buch happy married couples... Thanks all for the sweet journey and the great VIRTUAL family support, and of course all the smiles initiated by MS DogHandler!!!! :thumbs:

HandA

Timeline

Oh what a wonderful journey :dance: !!! Just few months ago we were all acting like a buch of nuts in a mental institution desperately clinging for a shot of NOA2 :angry::angry: . Some of us even went as far as calling GOD to intervine and punish those who have denied to inject us with NOA2 :devil::devil: , some were even upset that an Earthquake hit Haiti becuase it might have slowed down the deliver of our fix... :crying::crying: But look at as now!!!! We are talking about wedding dresses, changing or not changing last names, diamong rings; wedding bells and all that in-laws headache... :thumbs::thumbs: And even though some of are still waiting form some more P4 vaccine, we have come a long way from a buch of drug addicts to a buch happy married couples... Thanks all for the sweet journey and the great VIRTUAL family support, and of course all the smiles initiated by MS DogHandler!!!! :thumbs:

HandA

Right said :thumbs:

We have come a long way!

We started out with high spirits,hoping the quick NOA2 processing would rub off on us too,but we lost some steam mid-way,we did not like being singled out for whining when everyone does whine.We stuck together and had a few good laughs all along.

And come mid-Feb,Bam! We were just the most joyous lot.:)

I love our group,I cannot do without an everyday dose of my virtual November thread family.

We are all going to do that reunion thingy right?

K-1 Visa

AOS

My humble blog:

event.png

Timeline

Right said :thumbs:

We have come a long way!

We started out with high spirits,hoping the quick NOA2 processing would rub off on us too,but we lost some steam mid-way,we did not like being singled out for whining when everyone does whine.We stuck together and had a few good laughs all along.

And come mid-Feb,Bam! We were just the most joyous lot.:)

I love our group,I cannot do without an everyday dose of my virtual November thread family.

We are all going to do that reunion thingy right?

We should do it somewhere with a beach!

I agree with all these sentiments - I would've lost my freaking mind (or whatever there was left to lose, budum chhh!) without all you wonderful people to share this journey with. Everyone's been so supportive and fun. It's so good to have other people in my life who know what all these crazy acronyms mean and who know just how hard it really is to be part of an international couple who want to get married. Jeez oh pete, it's been a massive journey, but we're nearing the close, folks, and we'll all be together with our beloveds for the AOS process!

I-129F

AoS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh what joy on our thread this afternoon! Lovin it.

Megger - your dress is pure dead brilliant, and a mark of impeccable taste. I haven't worn a dress since 1989. I'm 6ft and look like a man in drag when I wear one! (If I do get denied this visa, leaving me homeless and jobless in the UK, I suppose that leaves me with the option of moving to Bangkok to make my living as a lady boy, then try filing again from there).

HandA - all there is left to say to you is....America sure has talent!

Timeline

Oh what joy on our thread this afternoon! Lovin it.

Megger - your dress is pure dead brilliant, and a mark of impeccable taste. I haven't worn a dress since 1989. I'm 6ft and look like a man in drag when I wear one! (If I do get denied this visa, leaving me homeless and jobless in the UK, I suppose that leaves me with the option of moving to Bangkok to make my living as a lady boy, then try filing again from there).

HandA - all there is left to say to you is....America sure has talent!

Hmmm, as exciting an adventure as I'm sure that would be, I'm going to hope that it doesn't come to that, dress or no. And a lovely lady like you, I can't imagine would look like a man in drag!

That said, though, some of the folks on the Rupaul drag race show are definitely prettier and more talented than me.

I-129F

AoS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

awwwww, Megan and Travis, you both made me cry with the lovely dresses and ring and everything :blush:

I wish you all the happiness in the world.

And oh boy Mrs D., you sure are sexy as a Thailand ladyboy :whistle:

If we both got denied this visa, come to France and we'll get married lol

Edited by Drue & Naddy

K1 Journey : Total length (from filing I-129F till Visa in hand) : 190 days (~6.3 month)

NOA1 issued : 11 - 09 - 2009 (6 days)

NOA2 issued : 02 - 26 - 2010 (109 days) (OMG!!!! was about time)

Interview date : 05 - 12 - 2010 (75 days) Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ Happily Married on June 5th 2010 ~~~

AoS / EAD Journey : Total length (from filing I-485 / I-765 till Green Card in hand) : 115 days (~3.8 month)

I-485 / I-765 sent : 06 - 21 - 2010

NOA1 for AoS & EAD : 07 - 02 - 2010 (11 days)

Biometrics walk-in : 08 -02 - 2010 (was scheduled for 08 - 20 - 2010) (31 days)

EAD card received : 09 - 06 - 2010 (17 days)

Green-Card received : 11 - 01 - 2010 (56 days)

~~~ Done with USCIS till October 20th 2012 ~~~

Lifting of Conditions (I-751) Journey :

I-751 sent : 09 - 25 - 2012

NOA1 received : 10 - 05 - 2012 (10 days)

Biometrics appointment : 10 - 26 - 2012 (21 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.