vigjan2000

129F - RFE Delay; almost 2 months!!! Anyone with the same problem?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Dear VJers,

I am very upset with the way our case is processed. I had sent our 129 F on May 26,2009 to CSC. CSC has received the case on May 28th. On August 28th we received an email RFE, then the hard copy a week later. the RFE was the proof of our meeting in the last 2 years...I sent the dated photos, passport stamps, tickets and etc... On Septermber 10, they received the RFE resposne and since then we have no news.

It has been almost 2 months and we have not received the answer on our RFE. I see here, that most of the people get their NOA2 in less than a week...

I have called million times to USCIS, but I get the same answer that we they have 60 days to reply...

My questions to you dear VJers:

1. Has anyone experienced such a delay in RFE processing?

2. If I dont get the response in 60 days, what can I do? Has anyone called USCIS and got their issue resolved if they pass the deadline?

I am afraid, if I call them after 60 days, they won't do anything, except asking me to be patient...

Any advice here?

Thank you for your support !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Dear VJers,

I am very upset with the way our case is processed. I had sent our 129 F on May 26,2009 to CSC. CSC has received the case on May 28th. On August 28th we received an email RFE, then the hard copy a week later. the RFE was the proof of our meeting in the last 2 years...I sent the dated photos, passport stamps, tickets and etc... On Septermber 10, they received the RFE resposne and since then we have no news.

It has been almost 2 months and we have not received the answer on our RFE. I see here, that most of the people get their NOA2 in less than a week...

I have called million times to USCIS, but I get the same answer that we they have 60 days to reply...

2. If I dont get the response in 60 days, what can I do? Has anyone called USCIS and got their issue resolved if they pass the deadline?

I am afraid, if I call them after 60 days, they won't do anything, except asking me to be patient...

Any advice here?

1, Yes. It happens to many people. That is why it is important to read the instructions carefully or pay someone to do it for you. RFEs can cause big delays.

2. Your case has been processed, you made a mistake, that kind of let's them off the hook and "resets" the clock, so to speak. If you want, you can get your congressman or Senator involved. They will likely be told it is in processing since you have replied to the RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Dear VJers,

Any advice here?

Hi and I can honestly say that ####### YES it does happen I'm experiencing the same #######. I got the same thing "we have taken your information please wait 60 days". Only I called after the waiting period and finally just asked to speak to an officer, the one I got was really nice and answered all of my question course he told me I should get an email and did and it told me that it was under initial review and should get answer in 60 days which make it until Dec. Also keep in mind that we have been waiting since Dec 2008. I also tried emailing my Senator and Congressman a month ago and still haven't gotten an answer.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!!!

ob5fqt98.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.