mrc

CSC/VSC connection?

4 posts in this topic

I just spoke to a friend (who just recently got married after getting his fiance a K-1 visa earlier this month) and he's from Vermont. Needless to say, his K-1 package went through Vermont. He went to high school there and he told me he used to date a female that works at the USCIS. Actually, he used a more graphic word but...at any rate, he says that the female told him that they've been working a lot of overtime because they have been handling some of CSC's K-1 workload. She told him that they haven't advertised it, but they have been busy trying to pick up some of the slack and handle their own workload.

He also said he'll call her this week and get some more info from her. Just thought I'd pass this along. I used to be stationed with this guy, so I know him well. If anyone has any general info they'd like to know, maybe I can get him to ask a specific question or two. Any suggestions?

Maybe I can give him my case number and see if she can get it transferred to Vermont. :D

Edited by mrc

Filed: Timeline
I just spoke to a friend (who just recently got married after getting his fiance a K-1 visa earlier this month) and he's from Vermont. Needless to say, his K-1 package went through Vermont. He went to high school there and he told me he used to date a female that works at the USCIS. Actually, he used a more graphic word but...at any rate, he says that the female told him that they've been working a lot of overtime because they have been handling some of CSC's K-1 workload. She told him that they haven't advertised it, but they have been busy trying to pick up some of the slack and handle their own workload.

He also said he'll call her this week and get some more info from her. Just thought I'd pass this along. I used to be stationed with this guy, so I know him well. If anyone has any general info they'd like to know, maybe I can get him to ask a specific question or two. Any suggestions?

Maybe I can give him my case number and see if she can get it transferred to Vermont. :D

Hmmm. That would explain lack of approvals either place. Definite slowdown in VSC last week as well. Can you ask her when they expect to adjudicate petitons after receiving RFEs? Several senators were told 30 days to adjudicate ALL Petitions but with a backlog of 10,000 & 2 weeks passed, how could they? Also, if she has any info on CSC's processing times, I'd appreciate knowing.

And DEFINITELY see if you could get transferred!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.