bowflex

New Years Plans?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My tradition for the past 12 years is driving to Vegas and partying for 3 nights on the Strip for New Years. Only missed one year a few years back due to a snow storm that closed all the interstates. Last year we went to LA for a few nights, then drove to Vegas for 2 and then back to LA which was great. This year we planned to go just to LA and celebrate it at this club we always go to.

Now that the divorce is finalized, I have no definate plans. My 2 friends I go to Vegas with many of the years, don't know if they will have the time off as both used their vacation time being sick already. I was invited in Sept by my coworker to spend it with her, but now doubt that will happen and really I have no freaking clue.

My friend in Vegas might be moving and is now unemployed so they won't be going out if I go there alone. If I'm here, I might just go to a club. First time I have no actual plans for once...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Probably something with copious amounts of alcohol.

Oh yaaaa. :lol:

Honestly, we aren't big party people and there is a chance Jared will be working! haha But I hope it involves champagne. I like your idea, krikit.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

My tradition for the past 12 years is driving to Vegas and partying for 3 nights on the Strip for New Years. Only missed one year a few years back due to a snow storm that closed all the interstates. Last year we went to LA for a few nights, then drove to Vegas for 2 and then back to LA which was great. This year we planned to go just to LA and celebrate it at this club we always go to.

Now that the divorce is finalized, I have no definate plans. My 2 friends I go to Vegas with many of the years, don't know if they will have the time off as both used their vacation time being sick already. I was invited in Sept by my coworker to spend it with her, but now doubt that will happen and really I have no freaking clue.

My friend in Vegas might be moving and is now unemployed so they won't be going out if I go there alone. If I'm here, I might just go to a club. First time I have no actual plans for once...

No problems there, still got a solid two months to find some place to find somewhere to destroy your liver :)

Honestly, we aren't big party people and there is a chance Jared will be working! haha But I hope it involves champagne. I like your idea, krikit.

:) Right on, have fun!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I always used to get down right before New Years, My birthday is 4 days before it and I hate birthdays. But I always made up for it by having incredible New Years eves. I would always try to go out of the country or at a minimum out of town. My favorite place will always be either Las Vegas or Amsterdam. This year, I think Mel and I will spend it alone. It really is our first together and I like the idea of that. I just feel too old to go out and party like a maniac. :blush:

Haha you're never too old for one night of craziness a year :) I'm 28 and starting to feel like I only have a few more club/bar trips in me for New Years but then hopefully I'll have enough money to hit up Vegas Lol.

Well, I hit 30 a couple of years ago and that was about when it started. Vegas on New Years is CRAZAZAZAZAY. But in a good way. Last time I was in Las Vegas for new years was 2005. The drive there from L.A. was insane. I was doing 95 in the slow lane and holding traffic up. I get there about 11:30 and it's like the building up of a crescendo. The strip is closed to traffic and people are just running around completely wasted. It was about 0 degrees celcius at midnight and people just started taking their clothes off and climbing on all the light posts and street lights. Hey, it's vegas, once you enter the city limits, you automatically get a little crazy.

Timeline

If Jared is working and you're home do you wanna go to Time Square? :D

We can bring flasks! :lol:

Actually I think the crowds would annoy me... but there's times where I think it would be hilarious to go there during that time.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually I think the crowds would annoy me... but there's times where I think it would be hilarious to go there during that time.

I've been to Time Square a couple of times for new years. When I was there for the millenium new years, the security was insane. They had barricades up and down the three main streets and were actually frisking people at one point. When I got frisked, they found a bottle of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and some Bacardi rum. The cop looked at me and started laughing because my 4 friends all had roughly the same amount. They asked us each (separately) why we each had so much. We were actually truthful and told them that we anticipated getting frisked and losing some of it. They actually let us each go with a bottle.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

New Year's day will be the anniversary of us meeting....the day he returned from Iraq. So I am sure we will do something special. Maybe a weekend on a beach in Florida somewhere!!

Timeline

Last year we did dinner at Bonefish after work which was very busy indeed and then went home. didn't even make it till midnight

We're not much for partying anymore.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I've been to Time Square a couple of times for new years. When I was there for the millenium new years, the security was insane. They had barricades up and down the three main streets and were actually frisking people at one point. When I got frisked, they found a bottle of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and some Bacardi rum. The cop looked at me and started laughing because my 4 friends all had roughly the same amount. They asked us each (separately) why we each had so much. We were actually truthful and told them that we anticipated getting frisked and losing some of it. They actually let us each go with a bottle.

See ya, it's one of those things I'd like to experience just once. :lol:

Now that I am living an hour away why not! It's an experience.

I remember the best NYE I had was the first one my husband and I had together. I was living in Barrie and Fred Penner was playing a kids show downtown. We went and we were pretty inebriated, and we were singing all along to his songs.

The cat came back... the very next day.... the cat came back... I thought he was a goner but the cat came back the very next daaaay... MEOOOOOWWWW. :lol:

Haha it's fun being an a$$hat sometimes.

Donne moi une poptart!

Not quite sure as of yet.

Once I POE on the 27th, we're headed to Ohio for a couple of days to spend time with some friends of my fiance's. So we'll either be there, on the road, or just getting settled at home in Florida.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Not quite sure as of yet.

Once I POE on the 27th, we're headed to Ohio for a couple of days to spend time with some friends of my fiance's. So we'll either be there, on the road, or just getting settled at home in Florida.

Lol I spent a New Years in Ohio, I would highly recommend against that :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

The past few New Year's have been sort of quiet... 2 years ago I was in Philly visiting, it was just me and my man hanging together, watching ####### Clark and cuddling with some drinks.... last year we went to a friend's house, just a few other couples.... I guess I'm getting old LOL. I used to party and drink like there was no tomorrow, back in the day on NY eve. I'm turning 30 a week after NY EVE :D maybe I'll save my energy for that day instead LOL

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My gosh...with everything that's gone/going on with this visa thing right now....I haven't even thought of New Years, haha.

I plan on moving to Michigan after Christmas...Sunday, Monday(???).

So with my fingers crossed I'll be spendig the first day of 2010 with my man, not thinking about having to go home & back to work on the following Monday!!!

Have fun in Chicago!!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

The past few New Year's have been sort of quiet... 2 years ago I was in Philly visiting, it was just me and my man hanging together, watching ####### Clark and cuddling with some drinks.... last year we went to a friend's house, just a few other couples.... I guess I'm getting old LOL. I used to party and drink like there was no tomorrow, back in the day on NY eve. I'm turning 30 a week after NY EVE :D maybe I'll save my energy for that day instead LOL

Lol When my older brother turned 30 his wife had an ice sculpture carved out for multiples shots at once and had a whole bunch of people over, you should go for that too :)

My gosh...with everything that's gone/going on with this visa thing right now....I haven't even thought of New Years, haha.

I plan on moving to Michigan after Christmas...Sunday, Monday(???).

So with my fingers crossed I'll be spendig the first day of 2010 with my man, not thinking about having to go home & back to work on the following Monday!!!

Have fun in Chicago!!

Lol First girl in the history of the world to be excited about having New Years in Michigan I'm thinking haha :) Soon we'll be partial neighbors :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.