Hoffy63m

question about visa and interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is comming up next week and im currently here in korea and I had planned to go with her to the interview for support... I have to take my physical the same day as her interview and finish out processing out of the army that day.. will they look down on us since im still in korea and didnt come to support her? If I dont get this done then we will not be able to leave around the scheduled time we planned and I will also not be able to join the national guard thats why im getting the physical next week. SO im wondering if they will deny us because im not there.. And also after her interview how many days later will she get her visa.. cause im scheduled to fy out of korea on the 8th of november and her interview is the 2nd.. We are pretty sure we got all of our paper work together so were debating about buying the plane ticket for her.. maybe after she gets her interview would be better.. anyways anyone got any advice

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline
My fiancee's interview is comming up next week and im currently here in korea and I had planned to go with her to the interview for support... I have to take my physical the same day as her interview and finish out processing out of the army that day.. will they look down on us since im still in korea and didnt come to support her? If I dont get this done then we will not be able to leave around the scheduled time we planned and I will also not be able to join the national guard thats why im getting the physical next week. SO im wondering if they will deny us because im not there.. And also after her interview how many days later will she get her visa.. cause im scheduled to fy out of korea on the 8th of november and her interview is the 2nd.. We are pretty sure we got all of our paper work together so were debating about buying the plane ticket for her.. maybe after she gets her interview would be better.. anyways anyone got any advice

well i guess she looked on the embassy site and they said dont schedule the plane ticket till 10 days after u get the visa..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Never buy the plane ticket until she has the Visa in her hands something could happen and there could be a delay. If you don't go to the interview make sure she fully understands the reason in case she is asked by the CO why you are not there.

Good luck!

We bought our ticket before we had the visa, but I wouldn't advise it. It worked out, but just barely. If the visa is approved, it will be delivered in 3-4 days by the courier service (there are two choices, Ilyang or Hanjin—by the way, Ilyang sucks, tell your fiancee to fill out the Hanjin slip). We interviewed on a Tuesday and the visa was delivered Friday afternoon.

Ditto to what carolyn said. If you can't attend the interview, make sure your fiancee knows why and that she can explain it to the consular officer.

(interview issues, moving to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion)

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As the others have said, you are cutting it fine with the interview and flying out if you want to fly together- even if she gets approved on the spot, most embassies now post the passport with the visa and brown envelope to the applicant's home address a few days after the interview, so unless your postal system is very fast, it won;t get to her in time.

As to you not being there, I don't think that will be an issue, you have very good reasons for not being there. Maybe give her a photocopy of your order/ appointment for the physical so she can explain your absence if asked. Good luck!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

What Penguin said. :thumbs: Plus, it wouldn't hurt for you to just type up a paragraph explaining that you wanted to be there for the interview but couldn't due to the physical. Then print it out, sign it and give it to her to present at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.