fattylittleslug

Wow, now I am scared

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I was just calling NVC and the girl on phone said that (all) files were gonna be sent through DHL physically. Should i believe her? Is it really true? Or just for Guangzhou Consulate?

My heart suddenly feel sadded.

Edited by fattylittleslug

event.png

event.png

AOS + EAD + AP

03/17/10 Mailed using Priority Mail

03/21/10 Arrived at Chicago Lockbox

03/29/10 NOA1 issued

03/31/10 Notice on biometrics appointment for AOS+ EAD issued

04/13/10 I-485 transferred to CSC

04/21/10 Biometrics taken

04/22/10 AOS+EAD touched

05/04/10 AOS touched

05/26/10 EAD card ordered, AP touched/approved

06/01/10 AP received in the mail

06/04/10 Notice on mailing of EAD card received

07/10/10 AOS touched

08/09/10 still no updates

09/09/10 AOS touched

09/11/10 I-129F touched (???)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was just calling NVC and the girl on phone said that (all) files were gonna sent through DHL physically. Should i believe her? Is it really true? Or just for Guangzhou Consulate?

why are you sadded? NVC uses DHL as standard procedure for most consulates

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

scared for what?

scared of what ?

Why isn't the USC person getting this info for you?

You should know how China works, right?

2 to 4 months of 'dead zone time' if sent via DHL. It's a NORMAL DELAY - There's nothing to be done about it, but wait.

And That's NORMAL.

If you don't know how China works, for GUZ IV unit - let me know? Happy to fill you in.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The answer you got really worries me, as I feel you did not ask specifically about YOUR case. She gave you the 'wrong answer' for GUZ-bound K-1 casefiles. It's really DHL and SAFEFILE, OR SAFEFILE ONLY.

You'll need to ask an NVC Tele-Operator to look at YOUR CASE info on her computer screen. I feel you asked a generic question, and not specifically about YOUR case.

Maybe it's a good time to review all the answers you've gotten to your posts, here?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
I was just calling NVC and the girl on phone said that (all) files were gonna be sent through DHL physically. Should i believe her? Is it really true? Or just for Guangzhou Consulate?

Did you want an "ALL ELECTRONIC"?

Perhaps that is something you need to request

I-130 Submission to Interview - 162 days

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

2009-02-02 Nanning Wedding

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

2009-03-04 : I-130 Sent

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

2009-04-02 : NOA2, I130 Sent to NVC

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

2009-05-19 : NVC Out

Embassy Journey - 6 WEEKS

2009-07-06 : CR1 Delivered to Guangzhou

2009-08-13 : Visa Approved !!!!

2009-09-12 : US Entry JFK

Timeline

Mike - it's hard, on K-1 petitions.

Some of them will go though SAFEFILE SOLELY, whilst the remainder go through DHL and SAFEFILE.

IF the casefile comes over via DHL - GUZ will wait for it to be received in the warehouse in Guangzhou - then it will sit for a while.

There's a whole nother explanation of what goes on during the 'dead zone time', but I'm sure you've heard about it already, right?

For your petition (and my ) type - it CAN BE SOLELY Via Safefile, if choosing the NVC ELectronic Filing Option. SHE doesn't have that available to her, it's not a choice she can make.

For HER petition, it was NEVER something she could request.

Edited by Darnell

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My file left NVC on October 7, and my fiancee' received packet 3 from Guangzhou on October 23. I do not see this "dead zone" or backlog in China (thank god!). 16 days total to cross the world, cross GUZ, and cross China to Changsha.

Timeline

Roger - cool beans - no BLACK HOLE FOR YOU !!! If it wasn't 'SOLELY SAFEFILE', then, IMO, you got lucky.

Timeline
The answer you got really worries me, as I feel you did not ask specifically about YOUR case. She gave you the 'wrong answer' for GUZ-bound K-1 casefiles. It's really DHL and SAFEFILE, OR SAFEFILE ONLY.

You'll need to ask an NVC Tele-Operator to look at YOUR CASE info on her computer screen. I feel you asked a generic question, and not specifically about YOUR case.

Maybe it's a good time to review all the answers you've gotten to your posts, here?

Hi, Darnell.

On the phone, I asked the operator how NVC was going to send my case to the GUZ embassy and she said that all cases were sent through SAFEFILE electronically and then DHL. This is why I was kinda confused and worried because I thought some (and hopefully all) of the applications were sent through SAFEFILE SOLELY. BTW, I saw your message. My USC didn't call. I called.

event.png

event.png

AOS + EAD + AP

03/29/10 NOA1 issued

04/22/10 AOS+EAD touched

05/04/10 AOS touched

07/10/10 AOS touched

09/09/10 AOS touched

Timeline

FLS -

so - what's going on NOW ? You mentioned a P3 , sideways, did it show up, or DOS tele-operator mention 'P3 sent' ? Hopefully, yer getting some speed now.

Let us know what's up, when you check in again?

Good Luck !

Timeline
FLS -

so - what's going on NOW ? You mentioned a P3 , sideways, did it show up, or DOS tele-operator mention 'P3 sent' ? Hopefully, yer getting some speed now.

Let us know what's up, when you check in again?

Good Luck !

Hi, Darnell. It seems to me that NVC sent my case solely through SAFEFILE. My case arrived the same day as NVC sent it. ( NVC said my case was sent on Oct 30th and DOS said my case arrived at the embassy on Oct 30th)

Good Luck everyone !

Edited by fattylittleslug

event.png

event.png

AOS + EAD + AP

03/29/10 NOA1 issued

04/22/10 AOS+EAD touched

05/04/10 AOS touched

07/10/10 AOS touched

09/09/10 AOS touched

Timeline

FLS - great news.. SAFEFILE ROCKS !!!

Keep in touch with the DOS Call Center Now (NVC is useless for the rest of the casefile status info )

Good Luck !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any new word from the DOS Hotline (not the Shanghai Call Center ) ??

Timeline
Any new word from the DOS Hotline (not the Shanghai Call Center ) ??

Thank you, Darnell. I have replied to your message. My DS-230 has entered their system and I am waiting to be scheduled for an interview. :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

AOS + EAD + AP

03/29/10 NOA1 issued

04/22/10 AOS+EAD touched

05/04/10 AOS touched

07/10/10 AOS touched

09/09/10 AOS touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.