slider100

Police clearance !!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was issued a police clearance by the "local Consulate General" of the country I stayed for a long time. Does that still mean I need to get one from the local police station of the place where I stayed ?

The Police clearance issued by the Consulate does mention that they have not found any adverse information on my name along with my Passport #.

Please help !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ur back just in time Krikit to answer the police cert questions,lol Yes more info is required. Fill in ur timeline please.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I am from Toronto and will require to get police clearance for CR-1. There are two kinds of certificate available. CPIC (Canadian Police information center) check (name and birthday search) and fingerprint based search certificate. Which one is required? I have no conviction.

CPIC cost approx. $40 and takes 2-3 days

Fingerprint cost approx. $75 and takes 5-7 days.

Thanks

Edited by SammyJ

-------------------------------------

Jul 02 - marriage date

Jul 29 - I-130 mailed

Jul 31 - I-130 received by USCIS

Aug 04 - NOA-1 sent

Sep 10 - NOA-2 Sent to NVC

Sep 18 - Case entered

Oct 06 - DS-3032 Received

Oct 08 - DS-3032 emailed

Oct 23 - DS-3032 Entered into system

Oct 29 - AOS Fee bill and IV bill Received by email

Oct 30 - AOS & IV fee bill on-line payment initiated

Nov 03 - Payment complete; packet of information & Documents has been generated

Dec 04 - Packet Entered into the system

Dec 23 - Case Complete

------------------------------------------

Mar 02 - Interview Scheduled on Apr 12

Mar 24 - Medical Done

Apr 12 - Interview Day approved....:D

Apr 15 - Got my express post

May 01 - Entry to USA (Detroit)

May 14 - Got SSN in mail (I had requested in my DS-230)

May 28 - Got a letter indicating my Alien# and notice of my green card (I-797C Notice of Action)

Jun 18 - Got my Green Card :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CPIC is fine if you have no convictions. It just needs to state that it is a Canada wide name search.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

I am from Toronto and will require to get police clearance for CR-1. There are two kinds of certificate available. CPIC (Canadian Police information center) check (name and birthday search) and fingerprint based search certificate. Which one is required? I have no conviction.

CPIC cost approx. $40 and takes 2-3 days

Fingerprint cost approx. $75 and takes 5-7 days.

Thanks

Do a bit of shopping around and you'll save. They all use the same computer system so it doesn't matter. The Commissionaires (ex-military) and International Fingerprinting Services (ex-cops) will both do it. Both are highly recommended. I believe both, I haven't checked in a while, are cheaper than going to 40 College and lining up in the lobby. Mom did hers at Peel Region (while you wait) and Pop did his at 40 College (gets mailed out) so it doesn't really matter who does it. Durham Regional Police can do it 24/7 if you have to work or can't do it during business hours. A fingerprint check is, as Kathryn has posted, only required if you have something on your record.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.