Muh and me

Tip Top, its Thursday!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Is 'pizza night' with a devil face..kinda like 'laundry night' ? :P

it's cause i love pizza. jalapenas, pineapple, pepperoni :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Happy Thursday (MY FRIDAY! :dance: )

I took off tomorrow so we can get the house ready for our Halloween Bash! :dance: Very exciting...so much to do and I can't wait!!!

Jeanne...now I have a craving for crab and either Red Lobster or Joe's Crabshack....decisions, decisions! :P I'm glad you had a wonderful night out!! (F)

Ughh...could this day go any slower??? Come ON move it clock!!!

BTW---Everyone is movin' their clocks this weekend, right? NOT AZ!!! :dance::devil:

Wasn't DST started during WWI as an attempt to conserve coal or something?! I guess some feel that DST is still good for energy conservation, but there is no clear evidence to support this... It has differing economic impacts (good for retailers, bad for farmers, etc.) Of course I had to google and look up what others are saying...lol! :blush::whistle:http://www.standardtime.com/index.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
is your party an annual thing Annie?

Yep! I'm excited! :dance: Love having our friends over and especially our parties...LOL :P

Annie, I didn't' know it was time for your BIL to return back to Egypt! WOW the time

passed so fast!! I know he had a great time here. Is he planning on returning next year?

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

I took off tomorrow so we can get the house ready for our Halloween Bash! :dance: Very exciting...so much to do and I can't wait!!!

Jeanne...now I have a craving for crab and either Red Lobster or Joe's Crabshack....decisions, decisions! :P I'm glad you had a wonderful night out!! (F)

BTW---Everyone is movin' their clocks this weekend, right? NOT AZ!!! :dance::devil:

Wasn't DST started during WWI as an attempt to conserve coal or something?! I guess some feel that DST is still good for energy conservation, but there is no clear evidence to support this... It has differing economic impacts (good for retailers, bad for farmers, etc.) Of course I had to google and look up what others are saying...lol! :blush::whistle:http://www.standardtime.com/index.html

that was an interesting link annie! in addition to the increase in accidents when time changes forward in spring, there is also an increase in heart attack risk. (i don't like dst. i think it's pointless and antiquated.)

Heart attack risk shifted by daylight saving time

BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Clocks spring ahead and fall back when adjusting in and out of daylight saving time. A study published on Wednesday finds that heart attack rates do the same.

The research, based on heart attacks in Sweden, concluded that the chance of a heart attack goes up during the first three weekdays after the springtime shift to daylight saving time, possibly because of sleep deprivation.

But on the autumn Monday after clocks go back and people can get an extra hour of shuteye, the heart attack risk declines. http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMo...E49T6DO20081030

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

that was an interesting link annie! in addition to the increase in accidents when time changes forward in spring, there is also an increase in heart attack risk. (i don't like dst. i think it's pointless and antiquated.)

Heart attack risk shifted by daylight saving time

BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Clocks spring ahead and fall back when adjusting in and out of daylight saving time. A study published on Wednesday finds that heart attack rates do the same.

The research, based on heart attacks in Sweden, concluded that the chance of a heart attack goes up during the first three weekdays after the springtime shift to daylight saving time, possibly because of sleep deprivation.

But on the autumn Monday after clocks go back and people can get an extra hour of shuteye, the heart attack risk declines. http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMo...E49T6DO20081030

wow...

you know since reading your response I have been online reading up on DST. Really very interesting...honestly I would have never thought there was such a vast history behind it. I read mention of a book several times in different areas about Seize the Daylight by David Prerau...hmmm..next on my reading list. I know...nerd. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Thursday everyone!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for yesterday. It was a good family day, lots of family coming together.

Today is a day of celebration of life for my brother. He was a big Disney fan so we have a van load of relatives going to the magic kingdom to hang out and have fun, remembering my brother and having a good time all in one!

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It appears you have a wonderful support system with family! How old was your brother?

Maureen, Sorry for taking so to get back! Yes, we are very supportive of each other. I actually moved to Florida to help my dad take care of my mom. Coming from Atlanta to Florida really wasn't that hard!

My brother turned 50 on the 21st of August. He ended up having the leukemia that kids normally get. It has a 90% cure rate but drops down as the person who gets it is older. So technically he had a less than 30% survival rate of 3 to 5 years. It wasn't the leukemia that did him in, it was the whole body radiation treatments he had the last week before the bone marrow transplant. The doctors were honest in saying that they had to pretty much bring him to the brink of death, but his poor body just couldn't handle it.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Happy Thursday everyone!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for yesterday. It was a good family day, lots of family coming together.

Today is a day of celebration of life for my brother. He was a big Disney fan so we have a van load of relatives going to the magic kingdom to hang out and have fun, remembering my brother and having a good time all in one!

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It appears you have a wonderful support system with family! How old was your brother?

Maureen, Sorry for taking so to get back! Yes, we are very supportive of each other. I actually moved to Florida to help my dad take care of my mom. Coming from Atlanta to Florida really wasn't that hard!

My brother turned 50 on the 21st of August. He ended up having the leukemia that kids normally get. It has a 90% cure rate but drops down as the person who gets it is older. So technically he had a less than 30% survival rate of 3 to 5 years. It wasn't the leukemia that did him in, it was the whole body radiation treatments he had the last week before the bone marrow transplant. The doctors were honest in saying that they had to pretty much bring him to the brink of death, but his poor body just couldn't handle it.

Wow...very sorry for your loss and that I missed that in your post. I love what you said about a celebration of life...thats exactly what we did in April when we lost my father. We wanted to remember all the good times and not a day of mourning his loss but counting what wonderful blessings he brought to our lives! (F) Many blessings to you and your family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.