mayomayo

NOA2 does not seem to follow the VisaJourney Timeline!?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello all,

I just received my NOA2 in the mail today. The letter states that

"The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file form 824 which is the application for action on an approved application or petition with this office to request that we send it to a different consulate"

This is strange for two reasons

1. Shouldn't my application be going to the NVC rather than to the consulate?

2. There is NO consulate listed on any part of the form!

I called the NVC and they said that they did not yet receive my packet... and I cannot call the listed consulate because the consulate is not listed! Whats going on here!? Has this happened to anyone before? Does the NOA2 usually state that my petition is being forwarded to a consulate rather than the NVC?

I'm getting worried!!!

Thanks,

Mayo

P.S. my fiancee is from El Salvador

For some reason, the NOA2s (at least from VSC) contain this misleading language about forwarding to the listed consulate. Mine said the same thing.

You can be certain that your petition will go through NVC like all other approved I-129Fs. After NVC has received the approved petition package from VSC and completed their processing, it will forward it to the "listed consulate."

By the way, you did list a consulate on the I-129F. That's where the petition will be forwarded by NVC.

Also, you have no reason to be worried yet. After NOA2, it takes a minimum of 2-3 days for NVC to receive the file, sometimes more.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello all,

I just received my NOA2 in the mail today. The letter states that

"The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file form 824 which is the application for action on an approved application or petition with this office to request that we send it to a different consulate"

This is strange for two reasons

1. Shouldn't my application be going to the NVC rather than to the consulate?

2. There is NO consulate listed on any part of the form!

I called the NVC and they said that they did not yet receive my packet... and I cannot call the listed consulate because the consulate is not listed! Whats going on here!? Has this happened to anyone before? Does the NOA2 usually state that my petition is being forwarded to a consulate rather than the NVC?

I'm getting worried!!!

Thanks,

Mayo

P.S. my fiancee is from El Salvador

ALL petitions go to NVC, despite what the letter says. it is forwarded to the consulate through the NVC. It will be a while before NVC shows it in their records and may even be on the way to tthe consulate by then. Everything is normal, relax.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.