Cigarovich

Where are they?

53 posts in this topic

So I stayed up til 2:40 am Moscow time because the NVC operating system told me to call back after 6pm EST to get a non-busy operator when I called before. Well now I'm getting the same message and NVC hasn't responded to my last 2 email inquiries. Another waste of time and money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I stayed up til 2:40 am Moscow time because the NVC operating system told me to call back after 6pm EST to get a non-busy operator when I called before. Well now I'm getting the same message and NVC hasn't responded to my last 2 email inquiries. Another waste of time and money.

YEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOY! I finally got thru to NVC today on the phone. They fowarded the petition back to VSC on July 18. Next call VSC baby! And it only took them 8 weeks to send it on!!! lol

Lost no more!

:dance::dance::dance:

PS I uploaded a pic in celebration to my photos file of my oogly self with my sexy baby, who I am taking to Crimea on Sunday for a week to relax from all the USCIStress. There better be a RFE when I get back!!

Edited by Cigarovich

YEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOY! I finally got thru to NVC today on the phone. They fowarded the petition back to VSC on July 18. Next call VSC baby! And it only took them 8 weeks to send it on!!! lol

Lost no more!

:dance::dance::dance:

PS I uploaded a pic in celebration to my photos file of my oogly self with my sexy baby, who I am taking to Crimea on Sunday for a week to relax from all the USCIStress. There better be a RFE when I get back!!

What was the contact number and method you used to get a hold of the NVC? How did you ask the question to get this answer from them, if you recall? I find that they only answer what is asked, and sometimes try to give you less than satisfactory answers wherever possible. :help:

Also, I don't see pics? :whistle::huh:

Edited by zethris

Meh, nothing to see here.

What was the contact number and method you used to get a hold of the NVC? How did you ask the question to get this answer from them, if you recall? I find that they only answer what is asked, and sometimes try to give you less than satisfactory answers wherever possible. :help:

Also, I don't see pics? :whistle::huh:

I emailed the Moscow embassy's visa section and asked them if they sent my petition back and on which date.

Then I called the NVC number (603 something - you can find it on the main topic list under regional:NVC) about 7pm EST (I tried 3 times to get a live person - keep calling back) and I confronted the rep with the date of return (May 25) and said I KNOW that the petition is in your mailroom, your building, or somewhere with one of your reps, likely misplaced - could you please check on it. I also mentioned that NVCInquiry@state.gov had not responded to my last several emails.

If that brings you no joy, my advice is to ask for a supervisor, get their name, explain the situation and ask them to personally look into finding your file for you and when should you call them this week to get an update. If they say call in a week or so (or later), say that's unsatisfactory - you've been waiting too long (over 60 days) and you deserve an answer this week and that you will call them personally back in a couple of days for an answer otherwise you will take it up with the USCIS Ombusdman and mention them by name.

Oh and I uploaded the pics again, although neither of us is particularly photogenic :whistle:

Sorry to be hogging my own post but I got some really good news today that my case was re-opened yesterday. That means they are finally working on the MIA cases. If the 10 of you left need to vent or get more info or whatever, I will keep the post going until we ALL are re-opened!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Sorry to be hogging my own post but I got some really good news today that my case was re-opened yesterday. That means they are finally working on the MIA cases. If the 10 of you left need to vent or get more info or whatever, I will keep the post going until we ALL are re-opened!!!

Have they updated your status on the uscis website? Who told you it was updated yesterday?

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Cig, You guys look like a great couple! :D

Anyways, I am going to call today to see what can be done about this. I am not sure I am using the right number though. The one I found doesn't start with a 603. I'll cite the e-mail I got from the Embassy and try to get to the bottom of it.

Cig, You guys look like a great couple! :D

Anyways, I am going to call today to see what can be done about this. I am not sure I am using the right number though. The one I found doesn't start with a 603. I'll cite the e-mail I got from the Embassy and try to get to the bottom of it.

I found it. I will call right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think it's high time that we (by my count 11 of us) whose recalled petitions have been lost by either the UK, Russia, Thailand or Phillipines embassies start sharing information between ourselves in a new post, since there seems to be so little available. I for one have absolutely no idea where my k1 petition is. VSC don't got it, NVC don't got it, and the Embassy was supposed to send it like 2 months ago. My wedding party is 2 days away from postponed, as are my fiance plans to resume university in the fall. Luckily my fiance works for the US consulate and has been promised action on her behalf this week by someone-of-power at the Embassy to find out what happened to our petition. And I will post the findings here.

As far as the rest of you go, and I'm only talking about those of you like me who have NOT gotten their case re-opened, please share any and all information and thoughts you can. :help:

I'm not sure about the UK, Thailand, or Russia, but the Philippines Embassy sent back all the IMBRA affected K1 petitions on June 2nd. The NVC received them on June 5th. For us it took the NVC the rest of June to acknowledge our petition was there, re-process it and send it back to the VSC. The VSC has it sitting on a desk somewhere waiting to be reunited with the "A" file. Until that is done they won't be able to say "yes we have it here and its being updated as we speak", which is what we're all waiting for. I've been in contact with my congressman and expressed my dissatisfaction. They urged me to wait another 2 weeks for a response then they'll start leaning a bit harder on them.

Sent AOS/EAD: March 30, 2007

Receipt Date: April 1st, 2007

NOA: April 6, 2007

Biometrics: April 30, 2007

Transferred to CSC: May 8, 2007

I finally, after 6 tries, got through to the NVC and was told it was sent on the 19th to the VSC. In what way did you find out your case was re-opened? Was it via e-mail? or post? or did you call the VSC?

Maybe, just maybe, things might actually be moving for us now.

I feel bad for you

Thanks, well feel less bad then before though. At least now I know it's not lost. It just may take until next Wednesday to actually finally hear the official word, even though it's 8 weeks late. I hope that it wont take 8 weeks to finally get an RFE though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I think it's high time that we (by my count 11 of us) whose recalled petitions have been lost by either the UK, Russia, Thailand or Phillipines embassies start sharing information between ourselves in a new post, since there seems to be so little available. I for one have absolutely no idea where my k1 petition is. VSC don't got it, NVC don't got it, and the Embassy was supposed to send it like 2 months ago. My wedding party is 2 days away from postponed, as are my fiance plans to resume university in the fall. Luckily my fiance works for the US consulate and has been promised action on her behalf this week by someone-of-power at the Embassy to find out what happened to our petition. And I will post the findings here.

As far as the rest of you go, and I'm only talking about those of you like me who have NOT gotten their case re-opened, please share any and all information and thoughts you can. :help:

Cigarovich, I know you've now seen action so I think I'm the only active one on this board who has not heard or learned anything new for 90 days. Since the others may not have visited to update the list, is there anyone else like me who's case has not been touched and has not heard anything since the cancelled interview? My calls, letters, expedite requests, etc. have yielded nothing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Cigarovich, I know you've now seen action so I think I'm the only active one on this board who has not heard or learned anything new for 90 days. Since the others may not have visited to update the list, is there anyone else like me who's case has not been touched and has not heard anything since the cancelled interview? My calls, letters, expedite requests, etc. have yielded nothing.

milestogo: I called on Monday 24th and the lady at NVC told me it was definately sent out VSC on 7/21. Hopefully by Friday they will update my case on the website and have it reopened. I feel for you though.

I mean I think I am the worst, I check my email like 50 times a day.

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello to all that like us are waiting, waiting, waiting,

Being in NY, I have just sent an email to Hillary Clinton outlinning my Timeline and of course adding that what Immbra has caused is destroying lives and accomplishing nothing else.

It will be interesting to see the response, If You check my Timeline, NVC sent to Guangshou China on 5/01/06 never to be heard from again ! Poof !

They even have the nerve to insult our intellegence by writing that They still have not received the petition, BS is still BS if it be in English Chinese or this growing list of Embassies that tell bigger lies than ####### Cheney ! Ouch

Hey put the shoe where it should Go !

To everyone, Hope those papers magically appear in Your mailboxes very soon.

God, I think I need a drink Now, and I don't drink ! Hmmm Got to figure this one out ! :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.