Yasi

14 months and counting

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm so hopeless...I'm emotionally and physically exhausted... My fiance and I are originally from Iran... We met in Germany in June of 2004 and got in engaged in Jan. of 2005... I petitioned for a fiance visa in March of 2005 and our case was forwarded to NVC beginning of May 2005... since then we've been on AP...

I know and have heard many times that no one can do anything and we just have to wait... I wish whoever made these laws (or whatever they're called) knew how HARD it is to wait for 14 months and still can't get anything. You can't plan your life. The waiting is driving me crazy.

How long more should we wait? Don't we deserve an answer? Because we were born on the other side of this world we have to pay for it? Are we so unlucky? Today my fiance said maybe this wasn't mean to happen... I didn't know what to say since the same thought has been going through my mind...

I have been praying so hard but it seems no amount of praying is working... I don't know where to go, what to do or what to think anymore... I've cried so much that every time I think there are no more tears but I surprise myself and cry some more... I didn't think to love someone you have to pay so dearly... :crying:

thanks for reading.

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I understand. The ones who are being punished are the ones who are doing things legally. If you had both flown to Mexico and taken a van across the border in to the US, then just stayed illegally, you would be together now and welcomed by a number of cities who love lawbreakers.

Our government is bizarro.

Edited by szsz

I understand. The ones who are being punished are the ones who are doing things legally. If you had both flown to Mexico and taken a van across the border in to the US, then just stayed illegally, you would be together now and welcomed by a number of cities who love lawbreakers.

UGHHHH

seriously :wacko: mahboul

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so sorry you are going through this. The wait can be terribly long for some of us and at times it seems that things might tear you apart. Give your fiance time to gather himself again and be there for him as he must be with you. Being apart for so long is hard, I do understand. Unfortunately sometimes it just seems too much but it doesn't mean it is over. Give yourselves time to discuss things and see where you want to go. Also it seems we never exhaust our tears and it's a shame we have to shed them. I hope you are feeling better as sometimes it helps to type things out and get some of it out of your system. Many of us do understand and are here to listen and lend whatever support we can. I wish I had answers for you but can only wish you the best and keep you in my prayers.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am very sorry for the pain you are going through I really don't know what to say since I can't imagine my self in ur situation ..it's horrible ..maybe you should contact your senator or congressmen !!?

I read your post and I can see how you are suffering ...and feel it form your words..If this going to more time why do not you move to live in Germany then?? you have been separated for long time ..and I think If you both can't go through this being separated may be you should consider moving to Germany till the ####### of AP is over...

I wish you the best and I pray for you and God be with you and give you the strength

Amen

Salwa

Edited by M+S

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have said that exact same thing!

For the OP, I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. One day at a time, thats all you can do.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yasi, I feel your pain - we're at a later stage in the game than you and your fiance but nevertheless stuck, waiting with no information on how much longer... I have my moments where I think I'm going to burst and somewhere in the back of my mind wonder if this is meant to be, but then I think God/fate wouldn't have had us cross paths and fall in love if it wasn't meant to be - I just don't know how much longer it's meant for us to be on opposite sides of the world...

is it possible for you to go to Germany and wait it out with your fiance? if so, that would definitely make the time pass less painfully...

like Morocco4Ever said, take it one day at a time, it really is all you can do... and if it works for you, praying helps.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

"it is to wait for 14 months and still can't get anything. You can't plan your life. The waiting is driving me crazy.

How long more should we wait? Don't we deserve an answer? Because we were born on the other side of this world we have to pay for it? Are we so unlucky? Today my fiance said maybe this wasn't mean to happen... I didn't know what to say since the same thought has been going through my mind...

I have been praying so hard but it seems no amount of praying is working... I don't know where to go, what to do or what to think anymore... I've cried so much that every time I think there are no more tears but I surprise myself and cry some more... I didn't think to love someone you have to pay so dearly... "

What you wrote looks like it was written by me. We've met in may 2004, got married in May 2005. Applied in July 2005... k-3 was denied,tourist visa denied before that. Still waiting and waiting and waiting. It's so frustrating!

Now after another interview this month - security checks! Since February! We've been married for 14 month! We've spent together under 2 weeks! And the "nicest" thing about all this - nobody knows sh.....!

I don't know if i want to cry or start yelling at everybody! Oh yeah! I'm a firelion, i should roar :D .

So, here "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"!

Would be even better to do it altogether, just to vent!

Ok, i'm out - don't want to start crying again!

But praying does help. Maybe we should just pray for everybody on VJ? Who's with me?

One more thing, if ppl pray at the same time for the same thing - it could help! So, how about setting time - like once a day at the same time? Seriously?

Tanya

Edited by firelion65

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Timeline
"it is to wait for 14 months and still can't get anything. You can't plan your life. The waiting is driving me crazy.

I have been praying so hard but it seems no amount of praying is working... I don't know where to go, what to do or what to think anymore... I've cried so much that every time I think there are no more tears but I surprise myself and cry some more... I didn't think to love someone you have to pay so dearly... "

What you wrote looks like it was written by me. We've met in may 2004, got married in May 2005. Applied in July 2005... k-3 was denied,tourist visa denied before that. Still waiting and waiting and waiting. It's so frustrating!

Now after another interview this month - security checks! Since February! We've been married for 14 month! We've spent together under 2 weeks! And the "nicest" thing about all this - nobody knows sh.....!

I don't know if i want to cry or start yelling at everybody! Oh yeah! I'm a firelion, i should roar :D .

So, here "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"!

Would be even better to do it altogether, just to vent!

Ok, i'm out - don't want to start crying again!

But praying does help. Maybe we should just pray for everybody on VJ? Who's with me?

One more thing, if ppl pray at the same time for the same thing - it could help! So, how about setting time - like once a day at the same time? Seriously?

Tanya

I would be more then happy to participate... perhaps the weekend?

Timeline

Thank you everyone for all your thoughtful words and encouragements.

I'm considering going to Germany and staying with my fiancé for a while. I'm looking to see if I can find a job there since I don't speak the language.

I feel for all of you who are in the same boat with me and I do pray every night... I pray for all of us to get through this insane process. I wish "whoever" came up with these immigration laws could read our posts and hear our pain in our words. Maybe then they would move things faster... wishful thinking :blush:

I'm with you who suggested for all of us to pray together at a same time... I do believe that God would hear us... So how about on Saturdays for a few minutes we pray together... I pray for all of you and myself that we be together with our loved ones very soon.

Yasi :star:(F)

Edited by Yasi

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

I'm so hopeless...I'm emotionally and physically exhausted... My fiance and I are originally from Iran... We met in Germany in June of 2004 and got in engaged in Jan. of 2005... I petitioned for a fiance visa in March of 2005 and our case was forwarded to NVC beginning of May 2005... since then we've been on AP...

I know and have heard many times that no one can do anything and we just have to wait... I wish whoever made these laws (or whatever they're called) knew how HARD it is to wait for 14 months and still can't get anything. You can't plan your life. The waiting is driving me crazy.

I have been praying so hard but it seems no amount of praying is working... I don't know where to go, what to do or what to think anymore... I've cried so much that every time I think there are no more tears but I surprise myself and cry some more... I didn't think to love someone you have to pay so dearly... :crying:

thanks for reading.

PM sent - Good luck!

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am with you...Saturday it is.

This process or shall I say this looooooooooooong process is so difficult.

I have been married 2 1/2 years and my husband is still not here.

I have a friend who has been married 3 years and just went through their second interview after being denied a K 3 and were denied again!!! The reason?? The CO didn't beleive the husband loves the wife!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that. They have been together for over 4 years married for 3 and he doesn't love her?

Ok, ranting done. I feel better.

Praying is all we have left for us.

Many Hugs :)

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm considering going to Germany and staying with my fiancé for a while. I'm looking to see if I can find a job there since I don't speak the language.

I feel for all of you who are in the same boat with me and I do pray every night... I pray for all of us to get through this insane process. I wish "whoever" came up with these immigration laws could read our posts and hear our pain in our words. Maybe then they would move things faster... wishful thinking :blush:

I'm with you who suggested for all of us to pray together at a same time... I do believe that God would hear us... So how about on Saturdays for a few minutes we pray together... I pray for all of you and myself that we be together with our loved ones very soon.

Saturday is fine for me too!!!!!!!! I am a firm believer in the "Power of Prayer" and will look forward to each saturday. (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Saturday is fine for me too!!!!!!!! I am a firm believer in the "Power of Prayer" and will look forward to each saturday. (F)

It's the power of prayer that's kept me sane so far so I'm in - Saturday what time?

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

"Saturday is fine for me too!!!!!!!! I am a firm believer in the "Power of Prayer" and will look forward to each saturday. (F)"

:yes:

"It's the power of prayer that's kept me sane so far so I'm in - Saturday what time?"

:yes:

anytime... with all of us praying on Saturdays, I think we cover the whole day... I pray every night for myself and all of you... Hopefully more people join our Saturday prayings...

God Bless.... :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.