Carolina+James

Bank Statements

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Following instructios for I-134 supporting evidence from here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305

There it says:

"A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:

date account opened

total amount deposited for the past year

present balance"

My problem is: My fiance and our co-sponsor both tried to ask for the bank statement to support evidence for the I-134, but they said they do not give one about the total amount deposited for the past year. Any suggestions?

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

A few observations:

1. If your fiance (or your co-sponsor, if you need one) makes enough money in salary and/or wages to meet the requirements, there is no need to mention bank accounts or other assets on the I-134, nor to provide documentary evidence of such. Don't even bother with bank account or asset information unless you absolutely need it to meet the requirements.
  2. At the bank, ask for a manager—a manager is far more likely to know what you need than a teller. Tell them you need an account letter for immigration purposes. They may even have a standard report in their computer to generate this. If not, tell them what it needs to contain as above.
  3. If all else fails, gather the information yourself: refer to the account statements for the last year (easier if you have online banking) and write out the letter. Then take it to the bank, ask for a manager, hand them the letter you've written and tell them "I need you to put this on bank letterhead and sign it. I'll wait." And then do just that.
Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It sounds like to me they just don't want to be bothered with adding the information up, even though they are bankers. I had no problems getting that information and neither did my co-sponsor. I agree, I would go into the bank and I would not take no for an answer. They have no reason not to give you that information...

The letter bank will issue to the Embassy will not have every deposit you have done during the term of the account. The letter will have your deposit amount and the age of your account address to the embassy in [country]. You need to speak with the CS or Bank Manager you need a letter and they are required by law to provide it.

If you need a history of deposit and transactions, you must attached bank statements, 6 month at least recommended [that was the advise from my attorney].

Now, in my case, my bank mail the letter directly to the embassy.. and i got a copy in the mail [originals].

Hope this help, Good Luck

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

I got a letter from the bank quite easily (even though it turns out I didn't even need it, because it's only needed if you are below the poverty line and are depending on assets to meet the support requirements).

Just tell the teller that you need to speak to a 'personal banker' (or manager). Yes, it does take them a few minutes to calculate the deposits (depending on how often you make deposits-I get paid every 2 weeks and had essentially no other deposits).

If they won't do it, threatening to change banks will usually get them moving. Or try to find the specific law that says they are legally required to do it.

The letter was short and simple.

To Whom it May concern:

(My name) established a (checking or savings) account here at (name of bank) on (date account opened).

(My first name) deposited ($ deposited in the last 12 months or in 2008) last year and is at a current balance of (current balance).

(name of personal banker)

(signature of personal Banker)

Personal Banker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.