DeadPoolX

Credit Cards

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

man, you said a mouthful... I have been going NUTS lately with freaking Air Canada and their thousand dollar ticket to Maryland. To that I say. EFF YOU! For the love of biscuits, it's so unreal.

Taking it up the a$$ indeed.

Thanks for hearing me out on that one -- it's been making me so angry.

Luck with your interview, dutchy...

:D

It's just like everything else in Canada it will take us a few years to catch up. And heaven forbid we would have flashy pictures on our cards that might be too much for our canadian eyes. In canada we can't even get visa debit cards - crazy.

Another point along the same lines - ever noticed how much cooler US license plates are? I mean you wanna support breast cancer? Get a cool pink plate.

Don't get me wrong - I'm Canadian but I can't wait to get out of here. We take it up the a$$ with everything from cell phone rate, air fare, car insurance and beer. And cool plates and credit cards of course ;). And what do we do? Nothing - we get used to other people telling us how it is and how it's gonna be.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It's just like everything else in Canada it will take us a few years to catch up. And heaven forbid we would have flashy pictures on our cards that might be too much for our canadian eyes. In canada we can't even get visa debit cards - crazy.

Another point along the same lines - ever noticed how much cooler US license plates are? I mean you wanna support breast cancer? Get a cool pink plate.

Don't get me wrong - I'm Canadian but I can't wait to get out of here. We take it up the a$$ with everything from cell phone rate, air fare, car insurance and beer. And cool plates and credit cards of course ;). And what do we do? Nothing - we get used to other people telling us how it is and how it's gonna be.

I've said this a million times to my wife. The sad fact is that Canadians ALLOW this to occur. Why? Canadians aren't dumb (well, some are, but every country has some idiots) and can easily see what's happening to them and how the U.S. fares a lot better. Canadians should DEMAND change.

Timeline

Well, truth be told? We're also a bunch of wussie's too. Canadians, god love you, I am one through and through but we allow ourselves to just take it and with very little assuaging we're like, "Hey thanks, brother!"

It's true. I wrote to Air Canada and basically said, "Really? You really think charging these crazy fares is going to get anyone anywhere?"... Kind of thing. They wrote me teh HUGEST load of B.S. I have ever seen in my life. Basically a big F.U. person we don't give a ####### about.

Oh... they offered me 5% off my thousand dollar ticket. Which I am not buying as you all probably know...

Anyway...

Agree with you DeadPool... but we're a nation of softies...

I've said this a million times to my wife. The sad fact is that Canadians ALLOW this to occur. Why? Canadians aren't dumb (well, some are, but every country has some idiots) and can easily see what's happening to them and how the U.S. fares a lot better. Canadians should DEMAND change.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I've lived my entire life in Canada, but yes...I can't deny that a large part of why I'm moving down to be with my wife (as opposed to her moving up here to be with me) is because of all the differences in America. There are downsides as well, of course, but things tend to be cheaper, faster and more accessible in the States. Whenever my wife is up here and we go shopping for...well...virtually anything, she comments on how expensive things are. And whenever I visit her, I see exactly what she means!

Okay, here's an odd allusion that some of you might not get, but...for those of you who read the Narnia books as a kid (or even as an adult), you'll remember the end of the last book, where all of the kids enter the new Narnia, which is almost exactly the same as the old Narnia, but oddly better in most ways. It's sort of like that with Canada and the U.S. Things down there are the same in many ways...but oddly better in many ways too!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
I've lived my entire life in Canada, but yes...I can't deny that a large part of why I'm moving down to be with my wife (as opposed to her moving up here to be with me) is because of all the differences in America. There are downsides as well, of course, but things tend to be cheaper, faster and more accessible in the States. Whenever my wife is up here and we go shopping for...well...virtually anything, she comments on how expensive things are. And whenever I visit her, I see exactly what she means!

When I first moved to BC from Seattle (not a huge difference), I was shocked at how expensive everything was here. I used to be able to eat decently on $100 a month (chicken, rice, pasta, salad).

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

When I first moved to BC from Seattle (not a huge difference), I was shocked at how expensive everything was here. I used to be able to eat decently on $100 a month (chicken, rice, pasta, salad).

I notice the gas prices the most. Granted, I came from Texas (which generally has the cheapest gas in the U.S.), but it regularly costs me over $20 more to fill my tank up. I don't drive a big gas-guzzling SUV, either!

But yeah, most things seem a lot more expensive. Video games, for instance. Those aren't a necessity, but in the U.S. they usually cost somewhere between $40 to $50, but it's rare to find a game under $60 in Canada. Some are as high as $70! I like playing video games, but I'm not going to spend $70 on one.

Timeline

I notice the gas prices the most. Granted, I came from Texas (which generally has the cheapest gas in the U.S.), but it regularly costs me over $20 more to fill my tank up. I don't drive a big gas-guzzling SUV, either!

But yeah, most things seem a lot more expensive. Video games, for instance. Those aren't a necessity, but in the U.S. they usually cost somewhere between $40 to $50, but it's rare to find a game under $60 in Canada. Some are as high as $70! I like playing video games, but I'm not going to spend $70 on one.

We're WoW'rs and I hate paying exchange on our monthly fee. :P

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

We're WoW'rs and I hate paying exchange on our monthly fee. :P

Ouch.

My wife and I play Guild Wars or we used to when we were apart. That was a great way to spend time together between visits. You need to buy the game, but there are no subscription fees. That's was (originally) the main incentive for my wife. Then she got hooked. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.