JeniLovesMarwan

Confused Embassy question

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am married to an Egyptian man and I just returned back to the states after filing my husband's petition at the embassy there in Cairo. We did DCF any how so after I returned to the states I started to collect all the papers needed for the packet 3 that the embassy would send my husband. My 3 kids and I are living with my parents and I got my father to be a co-signer for me in sponsoring my husband as I dont make enough money so I filled out the I-864 and my father filled out the I-864A and I got all papers together and mailed them to my husband in Egypt and it cost me like $80 dollars to send quite alot. My husband received these papers and sent all packet 3 back to embassy but the embassy sent back the I-864A to him stating that they do not need this form from my father they need the I-864 now I cant afford to send more papers to my husband again when I am pretty sure if I live with my father (my kids and I are NOT on his tax returns though) we just are living here with them he is suppose to still complete the I-864A. does anyone know why the embassy would send the I-864A back and tell us they dont need that form from my father just they need the I-864? Maybe they dont realize that me and my kids are living with my parents. I did write a letter explaining this though maybe they didnt understand. Anyway can someone help me with this I thought the house hold member completes the I-864A so I dont know why they dont want this form but the other one.

Thanks

Hello, I am married to an Egyptian man and I just returned back to the states after filing my husband's petition at the embassy there in Cairo. We did DCF any how so after I returned to the states I started to collect all the papers needed for the packet 3 that the embassy would send my husband. My 3 kids and I are living with my parents and I got my father to be a co-signer for me in sponsoring my husband as I dont make enough money so I filled out the I-864 and my father filled out the I-864A and I got all papers together and mailed them to my husband in Egypt and it cost me like $80 dollars to send quite alot. My husband received these papers and sent all packet 3 back to embassy but the embassy sent back the I-864A to him stating that they do not need this form from my father they need the I-864 now I cant afford to send more papers to my husband again when I am pretty sure if I live with my father (my kids and I are NOT on his tax returns though) we just are living here with them he is suppose to still complete the I-864A. does anyone know why the embassy would send the I-864A back and tell us they dont need that form from my father just they need the I-864? Maybe they dont realize that me and my kids are living with my parents. I did write a letter explaining this though maybe they didnt understand. Anyway can someone help me with this I thought the house hold member completes the I-864A so I dont know why they dont want this form but the other one.

Thanks

can someone please help me?

Thanks

can someone please help me?

No responses maybe no one understands my question and Im sorry if it sounds confusing. Maybe I can ask an easier question. Do I need to send anything along with my father's I-864A to prove that I am living in the household with him? So that the Embassy knows this? Thanks really needing some help because I am lost now and dont know what to do

Give people a bit of time to see your post and respond. You've posted three times in the space of two hours. People are at work, y'know?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Give people a bit of time to see your post and respond. You've posted three times in the space of two hours. People are at work, y'know?

Your right. Sorry Im just so confused and I thought maybe I wasnt being clear in my question and no one understood what I was trying to ask. Thats all

The consulate is looking for the following finanials:

I-864-filled out by you

I-864 filled out by your father as he is your joint sponsor because you said you don't make enough. They sent back the I-864A because it was not the correct form. Your dad needs to fill out the I-864 and include the correct supporting documentation. Is your dad's income above the poverty line for the size of his household + the intending immigrant, your husband?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

The consulate is looking for the following finanials:

I-864-filled out by you

I-864 filled out by your father as he is your joint sponsor because you said you don't make enough. They sent back the I-864A because it was not the correct form. Your dad needs to fill out the I-864 and include the correct supporting documentation. Is your dad's income above the poverty line for the size of his household + the intending immigrant, your husband?

This is incorrect...per the I-864A instructions:

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, is an attachment to Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality Act. It is an optional form, completed and signed by two individuals: a sponsor who is completing Form I-864, and a household member who is promising to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the sponsored immigrant(s). The combined signing of this form constitutes an agreement that the household member is responsible along with the sponsor for the support of the individual(s) named in this form.

A separate Form I-864A must be used for each household member whose income and/or assets are being used by a sponsor to qualify. This form must be submitted simultaneously with Form I-864.

Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor's income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements. The obligations of the household member under this contract terminate when the obligations of the sponsor under the Affidavit of Support terminate.

Maybe you missed the part where she lives in the same household as her father, hence the I-864A.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.