FaK

Desperate for some Canadian Tea in USA

69 posts in this topic

Try to order it from the links provided above. I was just in Canada and bought a huge box of Tetley. I've had other people tell me what "tastes like it...", but I don't think it tastes like it. I don't care if it's the best tea in the world, when you want a Tetley, that's what you want...and others just won't suffice. :lol: You could also just have someone mail you some down.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the shipping with the link I provided and they do ship to the US.

Just if you live in the south I think they have to deliver it with the fastest method, heat problems and the like.

I know I'll most likely be ordering chocolate from it :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

pgtips.jpg

I love this tea from England. It's sold here in our supermarkets, so have no

problems purchasing it. I had this tea in the UK and found it to be very good!

My husband who is Egyptian also likes it. The other tea we use is Red Rose.

Good luck and hope you can find your fav tea!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The tea in the U.S. and Canada tastes the same to me, but I'm not a good judge on this. I rarely drank hot tea in the U.S. and even in Canada it's unusual for me to do so.

The one tea-related thing that bugs me in Canada is that I simply can't find unsweetened iced tea in any restaurant I go to. My wife makes unsweetened iced tea for me (and adds sugar to hers if she wants some). but otherwise, it's not something common at all here.

In fact, I once requested unsweetened iced tea at a restaurant and the waitress look at me oddly and then asked, "You're American aren't you?" Yeah, I am, but what does that have to do with whether or not I want sugar in my iced tea? Plenty of Americans like sweetened iced tea and I have trouble believing no Canadian wants unsweetened iced tea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The tea in the U.S. and Canada tastes the same to me, but I'm not a good judge on this. I rarely drank hot tea in the U.S. and even in Canada it's unusual for me to do so.

The one tea-related thing that bugs me in Canada is that I simply can't find unsweetened iced tea in any restaurant I go to. My wife makes unsweetened iced tea for me (and adds sugar to hers if she wants some). but otherwise, it's not something common at all here.

In fact, I once requested unsweetened iced tea at a restaurant and the waitress look at me oddly and then asked, "You're American aren't you?" Yeah, I am, but what does that have to do with whether or not I want sugar in my iced tea? Plenty of Americans like sweetened iced tea and I have trouble believing no Canadian wants unsweetened iced tea.

Nope, no Canadian wants unsweetened Iced Tea! Seriously though, you won't find it anywhere in Ontario either. It's one of those "American" specialties, hehe.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would like some <raises hand> - but only because I went to an American High School overseas and got used to it. It's not a Canadian 'thing' - but it should be - who should we write to :hehe:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. unsweetened ice tea is disgusting. I'd rather drink green tea. Thank goodness they don't sell it in Canada ;)

2. I also stocked up on PG Tips before I left. That's the tea I drank in Canada. I used to order it from amazon.co.uk because it's the kind my family and friends drink in the UK.

But, I don't use my kettle very much now so I have no use for it. If any one wants it, I will ship it for free.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1. unsweetened ice tea is disgusting. I'd rather drink green tea. Thank goodness they don't sell it in Canada ;)

2. I also stocked up on PG Tips before I left. That's the tea I drank in Canada. I used to order it from amazon.co.uk because it's the kind my family and friends drink in the UK.

But, I don't use my kettle very much now so I have no use for it. If any one wants it, I will ship it for free.

Actually yeah, unsweetened ice tea is gross :lol:

I forgot to add we always put sugar water in it :thumbs:

Timeline

If you put your own sugar in it, then i COMPLETELY understand...

If you just drink it like it is...YUCK. It's cold tea!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Do you know someone who just drinks it like that with no sugar??? UGH natty!!!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you know someone who just drinks it like that with no sugar??? UGH natty!!!

I do. I've always had iced tea without sugar. That's how it's commonly served in Houston. If you want to add sugar, that's up to you, but they don't automatically toss it in. Sweetened iced tea is often referred to as "sweet tea" in order to differentiate between the two.

Timeline
I do. I've always had iced tea without sugar. That's how it's commonly served in Houston. If you want to add sugar, that's up to you, but they don't automatically toss it in. Sweetened iced tea is often referred to as "sweet tea" in order to differentiate between the two.

Deadpool, I'm not 5 years old and I'm not THAT foreign. I'm completely aware of what sweet tea is...some times I think you think we are just a bunch of Canadians who have not gotten used to American life at all. I've lived here for 3 years..sweet tea is something I have come across a few times.

UGH YOU NATTY BOI!

Are you drunk? :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.