Bralaheh

Any help will be greatly appreciated

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

my fiance is soon to be leaving her home due to domestic issues that are being brought on by her family. she currently lives in Toronto. does anybody know of any rooms for rent or anything of that sort? she doesn't have a job at the moment so i'll be sending her all that i can. i can afford 300-500 but we are definately trying to stay around 300 just to make sure we can afford it. i've found a site called kijiji but if anyone can give me an idea of any other sites or places in particular that are open i'd be greatly appreciative, so would ellie! thanks guys you are always so much help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Toronto's an expensive market. If she isn't held to the core area, you might try looking at housing outside of Toronto proper since the prices would likely be a lot less.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

my fiance is soon to be leaving her home due to domestic issues that are being brought on by her family. she currently lives in Toronto. does anybody know of any rooms for rent or anything of that sort? she doesn't have a job at the moment so i'll be sending her all that i can. i can afford 300-500 but we are definately trying to stay around 300 just to make sure we can afford it. i've found a site called kijiji but if anyone can give me an idea of any other sites or places in particular that are open i'd be greatly appreciative, so would ellie! thanks guys you are always so much help!

I don't know what's going on with Ellie Brad, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea for you to go up to Toronto and physically help her with this move and what appears to be a mess. I find this a little concerning. She lives in Toronto, and you the American are asking where she can live because her family is abusive? How old is she? What will she live on if she's not employed? Does she have no friends where she lives? You're looking for rooms for rent for $300.00 a month in Toronto? Not going to happen unless it's a dive with cockroaches. How is her family being abusive? Has she called the police?

Any information you can provide that would better assist us in helping her out would be appreciated.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you looked into having her stay at a hostel? They generally have reasonable weekly/monthly rates, without the full cost of an apartment.

Also, I agree with the other posters...this sounds a little odd.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

theres actually nothing strange about it at all. her family is iranian and they are completely against the two of us being together. i am not up there currently because i don't make a whole lot of money so i have to stay here at work and make the money for her until she gets a job. do you think she is using me or something? she's not. i'm here because i have to work. not because i want to work. it's because i have to in order to be able to send her what i have. there are lots of apartments that i've found between 300-400. even a roach dive is better than an abusive household. i'd do anything in the world to be able to put her somewhere nice but safe is the most important thing because it's only a matter of time until she is here with me. her father has told her that he would kill her so i'm getting her out. she is a full time student so she hasn't been working. i'd rather her stay in school and only work part time. so it is hard for her to find something at the moment. mostly because we are dealign with counsellors and the police. plus when she is home she has to act like she is asleep or her family will yell and threaten her. she only has a certain time in the day when she can make progress on her own. she has class all day and has to be home at a certain time. she is 21 but her family treats her as if she's 10. so of all the people who took the time to say how strange this situation sounds if you can respond back with something that might actually help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

i haven't thought about a hostel. i will look into that. i wonder what the price is monthly?

it's so crazy that you guys think that i haven't been right in the middle of this the whole time. how close are you to your fiances? if they were going through something difficult wouldn't you be a part of it? would you question the person you have decided to marry?

she has no friends in toronto because she hasn't lived there long. she moved from iran to toronto about 9 months ago. all her friends are iranian. they took the side of her family and ditched her.

i hope this helps guys. thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't saying you weren't involved or didn't care, I just didn't know your backstory so it sounded odd. If you'd prefaced your request with the information you just provided, you probably wouldn't have gotten as many "this sounds weird" responses. I wasn't trying to sound snarky, I was just trying to help.

I don't know how much hostels cost monthly - if I were you, I'd goggle "toronto hostels" and look at the sites that pop up. My old roommate stayed at a hostel in Toronto while waiting for his approval to come to the US on a K-1 and he said it was reasonable and affordable - he's still in touch with a number of people he met while living there.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

Timeline

It's not that I don't think you're close to her.

All I gathered from your posts is: "Doesn't work, is abused by family, needs to move, I need to send her money"

In the world of immigration those could all be warning signs and you didn't explain much to us.

So thank you for explaining.

How far along are you in the immigration process?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

If she's only 21... there's a shelter called Stop 86 located in the Annex. Tell her to call them.

(416) 922-3271

Stop 86 is the only emergency shelter in Toronto exclusively for homeless teenage girls and young women between the ages of 16 and 25. Stop 86 provides a safe and supportive community where women can assess their situation and plan for their future. The shelter assists 27 young women to re-establish themselves in the community.

It's a wonderful shelter, one of the best in Toronto and it's in a safe area.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Brad & Ellie,

Sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope that your fiance finds the help that she needs for a shelter in Toronto. I totally understand her situation, as I remember at one point in my life, I found myself homeless and in various shelters in Toronto too (but that's another story..not sure if I should say more here...can pm me about that though if need be....). Anyways, I did a quick search for you online, and this is what I found, that might be able to help:

-211 Toronto Canada: http://www.211toronto.ca/index.jsp (or just dial 211 for free on the telephone/payphone in Canada)

Complete List of Homeless Sheleters and Hostels in Toronto and Toronto Area:

http://www.211toronto.ca/Gatekeeper?WebApp...;logSearch=true

- Street Helpline: Get help for yourself or someone in need on the streets. Call Street helpline 1-866-392-3777. Free from any payphone.

- Findhelp Canada: http://www.findhelp.ca/en/index.php

Hope this helps you and your fiance. And I hope they are able to find housing and other help as soon as possible too. Nobody deserves to go through a situation like this, and it's good that you are able to be supportive in all ways when she is going through such.

Good luck with you and your fiance. Wishing both of you all the best....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
If she's only 21... there's a shelter called Stop 86 located in the Annex. Tell her to call them.

(416) 922-3271

Stop 86 is the only emergency shelter in Toronto exclusively for homeless teenage girls and young women between the ages of 16 and 25. Stop 86 provides a safe and supportive community where women can assess their situation and plan for their future. The shelter assists 27 young women to re-establish themselves in the community.

It's a wonderful shelter, one of the best in Toronto and it's in a safe area.

Shelters often have free legal help if you need to get things like restraining orders...

~ Catherine

Timeline

Stop 86 is good for that also.

Also is she muslim? There are a few womens muslim groups in and around Toronto that could help her also.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.