Tristan Trung le

what form does a Co-Sponsor need to fill out for K-1 Fiancee?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

can anybody tell me which form a Co-Sponsor need to sign Please. for a K-1 finacee.

I know that If I'm doing it for my fiance. I need to fill out I-134

I think for Co-Sponsor, they fill out the same I-134 form, but i'm not too sure, Can somebody helps. Thanks

I'm doing it for Ho chi minh consulate, I know that you guy say i don't need it b/c I have enough income now already, but the thing is I didn't made enough las year. I Only made $8,000 last year, So I'll go ahead and have it in case they require it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry but the US Consulate in HCMC does NOT accept co-cponsors for K visas.....

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can, but they won't accept it.

It is very well known that that although people have filed with co-sponsors at HCMC, none of them were approved.

If your income is currently OK, then file without it.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline
You can, but they won't accept it.

It is very well known that that although people have filed with co-sponsors at HCMC, none of them were approved.

If your income is currently OK, then file without it.

Thanks for the advice..does anybody else have a suggestion about this

I'm planning not to do it but other say, just do it..I dont know what to do..Please have more suggestion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What is your current income? Above the requirement or below? That is what matters most, current and ongoing income.

As said before, co-sponsors for K visas are not accepted at HCMC. If you aren't making enough for this year then you need to find some additional income.

Or you can marry your SO and file for the CR1 visa where the I-864 affidavit is used. That does have provisions for co-sponsorship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
What is your current income? Above the requirement or below? That is what matters most, current and ongoing income.

As said before, co-sponsors for K visas are not accepted at HCMC. If you aren't making enough for this year then you need to find some additional income.

Or you can marry your SO and file for the CR1 visa where the I-864 affidavit is used. That does have provisions for co-sponsorship.

I made $8,000 last year 2008. But my income is better now. I make about $2100 per month now. I just wonder if can stay on the safe side by having a co-sponsor. And if I do choose to have a co-sponsor, which form does he/she need to fill out, what's your suggestion. What should I do. My fiancée interview is 11-24-2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just because you want to use a co-sponsor does not mean it will be accepted.

If your income from wages is $2100/month then you should be ok for you and your fiancee.

You can send along another I-134 but from everything I have seen and heard here on VJ if the CO rejects your I-134 a co-sponsor will not be accepted.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.