lbounds

"tipping" government workers

29 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of having to "tip" the workers in any of the offices in manila to speed along the process of getting the forms, waiting in lines etc ?

I've heard this is common in the Philippines and have seen it myself before in some goverment offices there though not directly related to the visa process.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Has anyone heard of having to "tip" the workers in any of the offices in manila to speed along the process of getting the forms, waiting in lines etc ?

I've heard this is common in the Philippines and have seen it myself before in some goverment offices there though not directly related to the visa process.

YES. hahaha. example our Marriage certificate,paid someone to make NSO copies fast. within two weeks i have our MC issued by NSO ;) also my NBI,paid them,they printed my clearance in an instant,NO waiting.

happier than ever

Hah! Me too! LoL! ... we never had to wait for an available schedule for our court wedding, we had to pay someone that works in the city hall to give us a special day and not to go with the mass wedding (the whole week is jam-packed) - we were priv'd to have an exclusive ceremony :P ... we also gave the judge her cake too .. well, literally -- she requested for a mocha cake, and mind'ya, a big one! what the! o_O ..

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

also the seminar before getting married bout the family planning thingy,since we paid the civil registrar we did not need to attend. hahaha :) also instead of coming to the city hall for the wedding,the MAYOR went to my house,take note MAYOR of my town! hahah special treatment LoL. Also he agreed to be one of our sponsors (NINONG) hahaha :),and the Municipal Treasurer is also our sponsor (NINANG) so when i go to the municipal hall im treated like a SPECIAL guest haha :)

happier than ever

Yup, sad as it is, "tipping" is the politically correct way of saying it.

Not all Filipinos do that.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Here in the US its called bribery and I would not recommend you even think of trying it... :angry:

Unless you want to spend some major jail time and then be deported.

-Phil

Yup, sad as it is, "tipping" is the politically correct way of saying it.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Here in the US its called bribery and I would not recommend you even think of trying it... :angry:

In the US, they have a nice name for it. It's called "lobbying".

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know that when I went with my fiancee to the embassy in Manila, I noticed on the entrance walls a couple of large signs saying that paying for assistance is not allowed, and if any one approaches you they are not embassy personnel. I can not remember the exact wording, but was warning people not to do this. I know it is because it is so common amongst the filipino government, like people have said, but not there in USA Embassy. Nobody approached me, but someone approached my fiancé prior to us getting on the property and in line. Once I saw the sign, I knew they were just trying to scam some money from my fiance'.

So you might get some assistance from other things working within the filipino government, but nothing at the US embassy.

LOVE of a LIFETIME

For some, it was an opportunity.

For some, it's the last resort.

For some, it saved their life.

:bonk:

• CR1 Timeline
  • 11.07.08 - I-130 & Documents Mailed to USCIS via USPS
  • 11.09.08 - Docs signed for by whoever R. Mercado is of USCIS... (via tracking result)
  • 11.18.08 - Application transferred to California Service Center
  • 11.20.08 - NOA1 Received
  • 06.25.09 - Approval Notice sent on e-mail from USCIS.. Yaaaa~Ha!!! Thanks "Bro"!
  • 06.29.09 - NOA2 Approval Notice hard copy recv'd
  • 07.14.09 - AOS Notice letter from NVC recv'd
  • 07.24.09 - Recv'd DS-3032 (choice of agent) with MNL Case No.
  • 07.28.09 - AOS certified check payment recv'd at NVC
  • 08.01.09 - DS-3032 Mailed to NVC via UPS
  • 08.06.09 - DS-3032 acknowledgment
  • 08.08.09 - [iV] Bill for Immigrant Visa e-mail recv'd
  • 08.13.09 - [iV] Bill Paid
  • 08.14.09 - DS-230 Instruction Packet e-mail recv'd
  • 08.20.09 - I-864 acknowledgment
  • 08.27.09 - DS-230 acknowledgment
  • 09.09.09 - NVC Case complete
  • 09.12.09 - Appointment Letter recv'd
  • 09.28.09 - Medical
  • 09.29.09 - Medical Passed
  • 10.02.09 - Visa on hold. CRBA Required.
  • 12.21.09 - Submitted addt'l docs. [white slip: Passport and CRBA]
  • 12.28.09 - Visa approved. Thank you Lord!
  • 01.07.10 - VISA ON HAND on my lucky 7th day of the month! :D
  • 01.12.10 - CFO Seminar at St. Mary's
  • 02.17.10 - POE: Detroit. [destination: Chicago ORD]
  • 03.02.10 - SSN recv'd
  • 03.08.10 - 2 yr. Green Card recv'd
  • 03.09.10 - I-797C Welcome notice recv'd

Yes, but you need to be very rich and work for a major company and be licensed first!!

Then its ok to buy your way into goverment.

-Phil

In the US, they have a nice name for it. It's called "lobbying".

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I know that when I went with my fiancee to the embassy in Manila, I noticed on the entrance walls a couple of large signs saying that paying for assistance is not allowed, and if any one approaches you they are not embassy personnel. I can not remember the exact wording, but was warning people not to do this. I know it is because it is so common amongst the filipino government, like people have said, but not there in USA Embassy. Nobody approached me, but someone approached my fiancé prior to us getting on the property and in line. Once I saw the sign, I knew they were just trying to scam some money from my fiance'.

So you might get some assistance from other things working within the filipino government, but nothing at the US embassy.

NO FIXERS ALLOWED

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Yes, but you need to be very rich and work for a major company and be licensed first!!

Double standard, eh? Not ok if poor folks from third world country like PI "tip" their way to get government service. But ok in America if you are rich because you are licensed to "lobby" all the way to the top.

Bribery is bribery. Licensed or not, it is immoral.

A skunk by any other name would stink as bad.

Oh yes, I agree, but it is funny how a few hundred million dollars always seems to take away the smell...

:wacko:

Double standard, eh? Not ok if poor folks from third world country like PI "tip" their way to get government service. But ok in America if you are rich because you are licensed to "lobby" all the way to the top.

Bribery is bribery. Licensed or not, it is immoral.

A skunk by any other name would stink as bad.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.