Dspfiance

Can B1 travel in US while petitioning K1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Terrific to find this cool website.

I and my just newly naturalized US GF plan to get married via K1. As we both have been in our late 30s and think we can't afford seperating any longer, I am wondering if I could travel to US on B1 now and then to see her while waiting for K1 notice.

I am in China now and heard it might take more than 1 years to get the visa interview since my GF files the petition. Honestly can't imagine if I have to sit away across the ocean for more than 1 year without seeing her!

Anyone can help?

Thank a lot.

Filed: Timeline

Dspfiance,

B1 is a business visa. If you've got business to attend to in the USA, and have time on the side to stop by and see your finacee, why not?

Yodrak

Terrific to find this cool website.

I and my just newly naturalized US GF plan to get married via K1. As we both have been in our late 30s and think we can't afford seperating any longer, I am wondering if I could travel to US on B1 now and then to see her while waiting for K1 notice.

I am in China now and heard it might take more than 1 years to get the visa interview since my GF files the petition. Honestly can't imagine if I have to sit away across the ocean for more than 1 year without seeing her!

Anyone can help?

Thank a lot.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks responses from Gwen666 and Yodrak, you are nice.

I am an overseas Sales and a B1 holder, and I do travel to US on business calls.

My further confusion is: After my GF in US files the K1 petition, or even thereafter I got interview notice from Consulate, can I still travel to US under B1, without risking entry rejection in US custom as suspectde to look for AOS rather than doing business?

Another question: trying to set up a double lock strategy, we are thinking application for K1 and L1 at the same time, as I would have an opportunity to set up a sales office in US in the near future, would it not be a good idea to do k1 and L1 at the same time? reason to do this is if my L1 petition is not secured, I won't lose the lead time of K1 petition. But I am wondering if it will be too redundant to slow down the process if there would be conflict records in USCIS or Consulate, showing I am applying for both L1 and K1 at the same time?

Thanks again

Filed: Timeline

Dspfiance,

If you've got legitimate business obligations in the USA surely you can document your plans for each trip that you propose to make?

Consult with an immigration lawyer with regard to your thoughts about applying for both a K1 and an L1 visa.

Yodrak

I am an overseas Sales and a B1 holder, and I do travel to US on business calls.

My further confusion is: After my GF in US files the K1 petition, or even thereafter I got interview notice from Consulate, can I still travel to US under B1, without risking entry rejection in US custom as suspectde to look for AOS rather than doing business?

Another question: trying to set up a double lock strategy, we are thinking application for K1 and L1 at the same time, as I would have an opportunity to set up a sales office in US in the near future, would it not be a good idea to do k1 and L1 at the same time? reason to do this is if my L1 petition is not secured, I won't lose the lead time of K1 petition. But I am wondering if it will be too redundant to slow down the process if there would be conflict records in USCIS or Consulate, showing I am applying for both L1 and K1 at the same time?

Thanks again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

As far as I know, you cant apply for 2 Visas at the same time.

Entry with B1 Visa:

Nobody can garanty you that you can enter the States - like with almost every visa. A visa is just the legal document you need to enter, but the officer at the airport immigration does always decide if you can enter and for how long.

A B1 Visa is a non-immigration visa. To get you have to show binding ties to your mother country. As soon as you file the petition for a K1 you show your intentions to immigrate to the States, which is kinda the opposite....But I think if you have enough evidence with you that you are entering the States for Business reasons and evidence that you will leave again as well, you should be fine, but there is no garanty and you should be conscious about it...

Edited by mimi2005

K1 - Texas Service Center/California Service Center

Jan 26 2006 filed petition to TSC

Feb 1 2006 NOA 1 from CSC

Jul 5 2006 contacted congressman (he called CSC: our case is on somebody´s desk processing now...??!!)

waiting...150++ days... :-(

Jul 7 2006 APPROVED (e-mail notification)

Jul 14 2006 NOA2 by mail

Jul 17 2006 NVC received our case (e-mail notification)

Jul 19 2006 Medical

Jul 24 2006 Package 3 received

Jul 25 2006 Package 3 send back

Aug 15 2006 Fingerprints for FBI background check

Sep 2 2006 Package 4 received

Sep 27 2006 INTERVIEW - APPROVED

13 Oct 2006 flight to the US

Personal Timeline

Aug 2004 first met in Germany

Dez 2004 he went back to the States

July 2005 I visited him in the States

Oct 2005 tried to fly to the States again - got deported

Nov 2005 applied for a B2 Visa

Dez 2005 entered the States on a B2 Visa

Dez 24 2005 Engagement

Mar 2006 went back to Germany

Jun 2006 he came to visit me in Germany

Jun 17 2006 big official engagement party

Jun 30 2006 he went back to the States

...missing my baby...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.