11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello there every 1.. hope all is good. I have a question, I spoke to the DOS last week to find out what if anything can be done about my husbands k3 denial, just to give a quick history, he was denied in 8/09 because he answered yes on his medical exam that he had used maraijuna in his past, even though his urine test was clean, and he had a three year ban placed on him. The question I have is, I was told by the DOS to contact my senator & congress and they could contact the chief immigration officer, I was wondering if anyone has had any experince with a similar situation.Thank u for any help provided.. Blessings :innocent:

Edited by mrshamilton

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I saw a lot of things covered in http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=215368&hl=

But I guess ONE bottom line might be -

since the screener at the medical interview entered 'yes', instead of 'no' - when your man said 'no' -

You should have an attorney step in and get this fixed.

Since it happened in Jamaica, I suggest a Jamican attorney .

But - even if it gets corrected - will the Consulate re-adjudicate it ???? That's another legal quagmire that you have to sort out, as well.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Darnell - MrsHamilton's husband admitted to drugs in the past, that is the reason the doctor wrote yes (it was not a doctor's mistake therefore a lawyer cannot help her)

MrsHamilton - I am so sorry for your situation, but contacting a senator/congressman doesn't cost anything and it might help. It's worth a shot

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Duh - I forgot something - my bad.

IF you receive back a 'Notice of Intent to Deny' notice via postal mail - then you __MIGHT__have a chance to appeal the decision - but you'll have to have solid legal evidence (depositions from the medical worker, and your husband ) to present on the case.

I think it's a big IF - I suggest talking with an immigration attorney in the USA that specializes in handling cases in Jamaica (but come on, others have already suggested that you - I had hoped that you have representation by now, and an attorney would mention how to handle an appeal - or even mention if your case MIGHT be appeal-able or not ).

Darnell - MrsHamilton's husband admitted to drugs in the past, that is the reason the doctor wrote yes (it was not a doctor's mistake therefore a lawyer cannot help her)

MrsHamilton - I am so sorry for your situation, but contacting a senator/congressman doesn't cost anything and it might help. It's worth a shot

Good luck.

C_W - Yah - but I read her report the 'other' way - When he was asked, he said 'NO' - but the medical screener put 'YES' on the form. I only read what she wrote - is always possible *I* reversed it.. :(

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

IF you receive back a 'Notice of Intent to Deny' notice via postal mail - then you __MIGHT__have a chance to appeal the decision - but you'll have to have solid legal evidence (depositions from the medical worker, and your husband ) to present on the case.

I think it's a big IF - I suggest talking with an immigration attorney in the USA that specializes in handling cases in Jamaica (but come on, others have already suggested that you - I had hoped that you have representation by now, and an attorney would mention how to handle an appeal - or even mention if your case MIGHT be appeal-able or not ).

Good luck.

C_W - Yah - but I read her report the 'other' way - When he was asked, he said 'NO' - but the medical screener put 'YES' on the form. I only read what she wrote - is always possible *I* reversed it.. :(

My husband's family members have contacted an attorney on his behalf, I took it upon myself to call the DOS to see what could be done and to ask when would our paper work be returned, the embassy is still in posesstion of our marriage cert, his & his daughters birth cet and all of my finanical papers.

Good luck.

My husband's family members have contacted an attorney on his behalf, I took it upon myself to call the DOS to see what could be done and to ask when would our paper work be returned, the embassy is still in posesstion of our marriage cert, his & his daughters birth cet and all of my finanical papers.

Also when my husband was asked when was the last time he used maraijuna under or over a month, he replied 2 years & 2 months, the medical examiner only put the 2 months.

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

not to be the bearer of bad news ms. hamilton but me and mrs. palmer both did what the DOS is telling you and got no where.....i got a response back from the legal department of the DOS thru my congressman explaining that nothing could be done to overturn the situation (when we had some sort of hope that something could be done).....i am in no way telling you not to do it but i want you to not get your hopes up......the daily contact with congress/senate/DOS/lawyers, etc. had me hopeful and that possibly something could be done and i got my hopes high only to be shot down which made it harder to deal with.....i think you should still follow thru on trying to get it fixed to give you piece of mind but just giving you a heads up as to what i went thru.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
not to be the bearer of bad news ms. hamilton but me and mrs. palmer both did what the DOS is telling you and got no where.....i got a response back from the legal department of the DOS thru my congressman explaining that nothing could be done to overturn the situation (when we had some sort of hope that something could be done).....i am in no way telling you not to do it but i want you to not get your hopes up......the daily contact with congress/senate/DOS/lawyers, etc. had me hopeful and that possibly something could be done and i got my hopes high only to be shot down which made it harder to deal with.....i think you should still follow thru on trying to get it fixed to give you piece of mind but just giving you a heads up as to what i went thru.....

Thanks for keeping it real :) I was wondering about how things would play out, my hubby's hopes are a lot higher than mine, but I didn't want him to think I didn't even want to try... so I guess we just have to wait this ban out.. once again. thanks for letting me kow how things most likley will end up :)

I will continue to keep you in prayer Mrs. H... Don't give up. Hang in there. God will make a way. (L)

I know he will, it just really hard sometimes, I know that we have to take this one day at a time.. once again thanks for the prayers, we need all we can get :)

event.png

Timeline
He has to be clean for 3 years, with proof. Here are a couple of good links for you:

http://www.visacentral.net/I601Memo.pdf

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Thanks for the info, quick ? how is my hubby suppossed to show proof of being drug free? he has never had any run ins with the police, and his drug test was clean, so how would he go about proving he is drug free?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

MrsHamilton - I've seen people go in for drug tests every few months and collect the documentation of the clean results. That is certainly one way to deal with this

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.