kipalkot

Separated while awaiting 751

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, my husband and i just separated!!!! We have been having issues. I found out he was cheating on me and i questioned him. He is been seeing this girl for a while now. He keeps visiting his family our of state a lot without me. He does not keep a job. I support him and my 8 year old son. We filed for my removal of conditons in May and my file am told has just been transfered to the local office. I told him we might be called for an interview but he said he is done with me. We have had such huge arguments lately about him not keeping a job and visiting home so much. I suspect he is using something because some days he will be so sweet and at times mean on the phone.

Now am confused what do i do if he does not want to go with me for the interview. I have a son to support and morgage to pay. I have no other family here other than him and his sister who lives out of state. My husband has just changed and seems to enjoy something he does out of state with this girlfriend of his. Please advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi guys, my husband and i just separated!!!! We have been having issues. I found out he was cheating on me and i questioned him. He is been seeing this girl for a while now. He keeps visiting his family our of state a lot without me. He does not keep a job. I support him and my 8 year old son. We filed for my removal of conditons in May and my file am told has just been transfered to the local office. I told him we might be called for an interview but he said he is done with me. We have had such huge arguments lately about him not keeping a job and visiting home so much. I suspect he is using something because some days he will be so sweet and at times mean on the phone.

Now am confused what do i do if he does not want to go with me for the interview. I have a son to support and morgage to pay. I have no other family here other than him and his sister who lives out of state. My husband has just changed and seems to enjoy something he does out of state with this girlfriend of his. Please advice.

without a timeline it is hard to give good advice

but am sorry you going trough this ,and to the comment he gave you " he is done with you " well he actualy is not done with you , he was your sponser and therefor is financeuly responsible ,so he cant say he is done with you .

and since you got transfered there is a good chance you might not need an interview ( but like I said no timeline so i dont know if you came with K1 )

but am sure someone with more knowlage can answer better

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Hi, i came in as a student then married after finishing college. I met him in college but he did not sponsor me since he did not qualify. I was sponsored by a friend. Does it mean when cases are transferred to local office you do not get called for interview? I thought that was the primary reason? Am confused.

without a timeline it is hard to give good advice

but am sorry you going trough this ,and to the comment he gave you " he is done with you " well he actualy is not done with you , he was your sponser and therefor is financeuly responsible ,so he cant say he is done with you .

and since you got transfered there is a good chance you might not need an interview ( but like I said no timeline so i dont know if you came with K1 )

but am sure someone with more knowlage can answer better

Hi, i came in as a student then married after finishing college. I met him in college but he did not sponsor me since he did not qualify. I was sponsored by a friend. Does it mean when cases are transferred to local office you do not get called for interview? I thought that was the primary reason? Am confused.

Wait - a friend sponsored your current immigration status? How does that work? Never heard of such a thing. Unless your 'friend' sponsored you pretending to be somehow related to you (spouse or otherwise) which would be immigration fraud. You'll have to explain yourself a little more.

SA4userbar.jpg

Wait - a friend sponsored your current immigration status? How does that work? Never heard of such a thing. Unless your 'friend' sponsored you pretending to be somehow related to you (spouse or otherwise) which would be immigration fraud. You'll have to explain yourself a little more.

Doesn't have to be a family member to sponsor.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

No it doesn't, depending on the circumstances. But I'm confused why she's worried about the divorce affecting her removal of conditions if she didn't get the GC based on her marriage. So I thought it'd help if she could elaborate.

SA4userbar.jpg

Yes it does not have to be a family member as long as they are permanent resident. No i came as a student F1 but i got my conditionan GC through my marriage to this American Husband. That is why am worried of the separation.

No it doesn't, depending on the circumstances. But I'm confused why she's worried about the divorce affecting her removal of conditions if she didn't get the GC based on her marriage. So I thought it'd help if she could elaborate.

i got my conditionan GC through my marriage to this American Husband. That is why am worried of the separation.

That's all I was trying to figure out.

There's a pinned topic in another forum that covers this - you should be fine, so long as you entered into the marriage in good faith (which it sounds like you did).

Have a read:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3360213

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.