loveaboo

K-1 Interview Concerns

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all!!!

I'll have my interview on Oct. 21st and got all the documents required. However, I noticed some issues:

1. The DS 3025 from SLEC, it said at the bottom Page 1 of 2. Should there be 2 pages? I only have 1 page and that is the vaccination record.

2. My father's middle name in my BC is wrong. At Form DS-157, the full name of father is being asked. What should I use -his wrong middle name in my BC or the correct middle name? Can I just use his middle initial instead?

I asked the municipality of how can I correct the wrong middle name in my BC and they are asking for my father's BC and marriage certificate. The thing is that his middle name is also wrong in his marriage certificate. Before I'll be able to correct his middle name in my BC, I'll have to have the marriage certificate corrected 1st which I really have no time now since the interview will be on Wednesday already.

If I use the wrong middle name, I'm afraid that later I will have a problem especially if the time comes that we want to invite my parents to US. But if I'll use the right one, I'm also afraid that it will become an issue during my interview on the 21st. Anyone who once encountered the same problem?

3. For the interview day, what's the thickest folder I can bring? I compiled everything in one folder and it's about 3/4 inch thick.

4. For the NBI clearance, will they take the original copy or a photocopy will do?

5. Just so it clear, the only forms I'll be needing are DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157? No need for DS-230, right?

Thanks so much.

Hello to all!!!

I'll have my interview on Oct. 21st and got all the documents required. However, I noticed some issues:

1. The DS 3025 from SLEC, it said at the bottom Page 1 of 2. Should there be 2 pages? I only have 1 page and that is the vaccination record.

They will only give you page 1 of the DS-3205, your receipt, and your x-ray CD, you can relax. Make photocopies of it for later.

2. My father's middle name in my BC is wrong. At Form DS-157, the full name of father is being asked. What should I use -his wrong middle name in my BC or the correct middle name? Can I just use his middle initial instead?

I asked the municipality of how can I correct the wrong middle name in my BC and they are asking for my father's BC and marriage certificate. The thing is that his middle name is also wrong in his marriage certificate. Before I'll be able to correct his middle name in my BC, I'll have to have the marriage certificate corrected 1st which I really have no time now since the interview will be on Wednesday already.

If I use the wrong middle name, I'm afraid that later I will have a problem especially if the time comes that we want to invite my parents to US. But if I'll use the right one, I'm also afraid that it will become an issue during my interview on the 21st. Anyone who once encountered the same problem?

Am afraid I don't know the answer to this. Hopefully one of the VJ members who can will read this and be able to help you. My guess is the name that appears on your father's BC and his passport are what you should put on there, however you said his name on your your BC is incorrect. Try to secure an affidavit of discrepancy to explain why your dad's name is incorrect...but I think for as long as your name and birth date and birth place are correct, as long as you have the affidavit to support your BC that would be okay.

3. For the interview day, what's the thickest folder I can bring? I compiled everything in one folder and it's about 3/4 inch thick.

That should be okay. The slot where you put your documents through is about 2.5 inches high and 14 inches wide.

4. For the NBI clearance, will they take the original copy or a photocopy will do?

They will take the original.

5. Just so it clear, the only forms I'll be needing are DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157? No need for DS-230, right?

Yes, DS-230 is not needed in your case.

Thanks so much.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I can relax now about the DS3025 and my folder.

One more additional question...If they will get the original copy of NBI clearance, do I need to request another copy at NBI for my AOS after we get married?

I hope there's someone here who can shed some light about the BC issues.

Thanks so much again.

Timeline

I'm confused now...I don't understand why it said in that link not to use spirals to bind the plastic folder with clear sheets? My folder has a spiral binder to keep the pages together. it's about 3/4 inch thick also. If the slot has 2.5 inches height and 14inches width, a 12x10 (length x width) folder with 3/4 inch thick spiral should be able to get in, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks so much.

My DS 3025 doesn't have the name of the Panel Physician but has the signature. How about yours?

AOS timeline

05 Feb 2010 - Sent AOS package

08 Feb 2010 - Package arrived in the lockbox (confirmed through USPS) - received date

20 Feb 2010 - NOA1 AOS/EAD (hard copies) - notice date for both is 16 Feb 2010

27 Feb 2010 - Biometrics A. Letter Arrived (schedule: March 19)

10 Mar 2010 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics (schedule was: March 19)

10-11 Mar 2010 - two touches on both cases after my walk-in Biometrics

26 Mar 2010 - Received the notice in the mail requesting to appear in an interview

15 Apr 2010 - EAD Card production ordered notice received via email

16 Apr 2010 - EAD touched again

21 Apr 2010 - EAD touched (post-decision activity)

22 Apr 2010 - EAD touched

24 Apr 2010 - EAD card in the mail

28 Apr 2010 - Interview date --- approved =) / case touched

11 May 2010 - card production ordered

29 May 2010 - received green card in the mail

View my whole visa to aos timeline here

Yes, that should fit fine. :)

I used clear books with the black spirals. (My evidence of bonifide marriage alone was about 1.75 inches thick.) Don't worry about it too much. What is important is that you have all the evidence and documents you need for the interview.

I'm confused now...I don't understand why it said in that link not to use spirals to bind the plastic folder with clear sheets? My folder has a spiral binder to keep the pages together. it's about 3/4 inch thick also. If the slot has 2.5 inches height and 14inches width, a 12x10 (length x width) folder with 3/4 inch thick spiral should be able to get in, right?

Yes, only the signature appears, not the panel physician's name.

Thanks so much.

My DS 3025 doesn't have the name of the Panel Physician but has the signature. How about yours?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

hello loveaboo!!! My father's middle name is also wrong on my BC. But good thing that the initials are the same... Instead or Rodero, its wrongly written as Romualdez, maybe because they're both the same R. initials..... I didn't encounter any problem during my interview.... Just put the initials, they'll not ask you... I hope this helps... God bless

You're Gods' wonderful blessing... I'm so happy to be with my baby, dog eddie, mom and dog molly...

Extremely happy with my married life, but we're praying for a baby this 2010, so help us GOD....

4ovs9meo4h.png

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242397349429.gif

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242400100185.gif

Timeline

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread. Your responses help especially easing my mind...

Dakine, thanks for the link.

Tee_pee13, I think I'll just use initials instead just like you did. Thanks.

Piscesforever, yup, mine doesn't have the name of the physician also, just the signature.

Marriedtomrg, thanks answering most of my questions.

Thanks to all. Much appreciated.

Last question, should I get another copy of NBI clearance for my AOS since the USEM will get the original copy of my NBI clearance during the interview?

Edited by loveaboo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just to give an update...

I have passed the interview yesterday!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks everyone especially to those who have been really patient answering my questions. :star:

A BIG, WARM AND SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS TO U ....this calls for a celebration....

question po friend---did the CO get the NBI (both his and ur personal copies) or left the personal copy to u???

coz i only got 1 nbi copy...

thanks...

Edited by LaneAndDaisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Timeline

Thanks everyone especially to those who have been really patient answering my questions. :star:

A BIG, WARM AND SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS TO U ....this calls for a celebration....

question po friend---did the CO get the NBI (both his and ur personal copies) or left the personal copy to u???

coz i only got 1 nbi copy...

thanks...

Thanks!!!

The Pre-screener took the original copy and left the personal copy to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Congrats on your interview... My fiance had the interview just now and they gave him the blue slip... Did they tell you when you may get your visa?

Timeline

Congrats on your interview... My fiance had the interview just now and they gave him the blue slip... Did they tell you when you may get your visa?

Thanks! They didn't tell me when I'll get the visa but I'm hoping it will be delivered next week so we can finalize my travel arrangement.

I'm sorry to know about your fiance's interview outcome. Why did they give him a blue slip? Are they asking for additional documents or something?

Edited by loveaboo

Timeline

Sis late na me babati but i still say congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ALASKA,USA------------------------MINDANAO,PHILIPPINES

I GOT THE VISA!!!!THANK YOU LORD! (OCTOBER 21,2009)

HAPPILY MARRIED TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND

November 19,2009------Got married

January 19,2010--------Application received date by USCIS

January 28,2010--------Notice date for Biometrics

February 12,2010--------Biometrics appointment @ 9am (done)

February 15,2010--------Last Updated (I-485 & I-765)

February 18,2010--------dated by USCIS(scheduling for my interview)

January 25,2010--------NOA1 date(I-485,I-765,I-131)

January 29,2010--------touch for my AP

February 15,2010--------touch for my EAD

March 11,2010-----------for my AOS..and always checking our mailbox..hehehe

March 10,2010------------Interview for my AOS @ 9am (done) and waiting for the result.. whew...

March 22,2010------------Received my Greencard!so happy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.