Christi and Ian

Lost before it's started...?

17 posts in this topic

Did I say CRC? Sorry - have my acronyms mixed up w/work...!! I'm a dork... CRC - California Rehabilitation Center...

I meant CSC - California Service Center - I know it was sent from Cerritos, CA and received in Laguna Niguel, CA.

So...would be using today's date as the NOA1 date be cheating?

Oh - and we're going w/K-3 'cause I'm playing the odds that it will get him here faster + I'm stubborn - even a day faster works for us...

And I've promised to post a pic of myself kicking my own rear end should I be wrong - and I'm being held to it...we'll see!!

The problem is that if you file the second petition, you'll never know how much faster the first one would have been approved, because the second petition causes the first to go back to the back of the line with the second. This is a commonly overlooked part of what happens in K3 cases now. When you DO file both, you can count on the K3 interview being sooner or you can make sure there's never a CR1 interview. You can also count on going through an otherwise unnecessary additional immigration process with its associated stress and expense AND a spouse sitting around for at least three months with no work authorization.

I had no idea that the I-130 would be pushed back with the I-129F, that is news...

As far as the work authorization - I've said this a bazillion times but I guess I'm going to have to keep on saying it - the work issue is not a problem - he is self-employed and continues to get paid while he's in the U.S. Regardless, I make more than enough money to support us even if he has no income during the process.

I do know we have to go through the additional I-485 process, but he'll already be in the U.S. which, again, is our priority. He wants to be here, I want him to be here, we'll pay whatever we have to in order to make that happen as quickly as possible.

And since there's no possible assurance the K3 will be faster, only the assurance the I-130 will lose its place in line, I advise NOT filing the I-129F at all.

This is EXACTLY why I promise to eat REALLY BIG crow should I be wrong! I guess I'll base it upon other's CR1 petitions around the same time as mine, since the I-130 will be pushed back...

Don't know how I'll do it, suppose I'll photoshop myself kicking my own rear-end...as cloning myself is both out of the question & would be protested by many...

I tried! :bonk:

Hope you don't go thru the "hello" we did adjusting status. Some people are still waiting for their GC a year+ later.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

While it would sucketh muchly if it took him a year or longer to get a green card, it wouldn't really matter in the long run - he has a business in the UK and a business partner that takes care of things while he's here. He would really like to start a new company in the US, but if it took a while, it wouldn't be the end of the world, by far.

Ultimately, we're just impatient, probably more so on my part, since I've never been very good at patience...guess I'm going to learn it in a big way going through this process.

But if there's anyway to cut it down in any measure, even by a few days, it will be worth it to me. We were only married for 2 1/2 months before he had to go back - he came here on VW & we were married, because neither one of us understood the process. I feel like I was cheated out of our honeymoon period, & I'm going crazy with wanting him back.

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.