iamhigh

For the benefit of India IV applicants...

3 posts in this topic

Folks - a long time lurker, first time posting.

I just wanted to share my experience with DCF filing in India and obtaining the IV from Mumbai consulate.

I got my IV in less than 3 months from the date of filing the I-130 petition.

My wife was filing for me and since she was working in India with me, we could opt for the DCF route and submitted our package in Delhi with the required docs and fees.

The petition was approved within a day and found its way to Mumbai consulate within a week. After the required instructions were followed for Packet 3 and Packet 4, I had a confirmed interview date on 6th Oct. The visa issuance was put on hold initially for need of my wife's domicile. It was a bit tricky to establish her domicile in the US, since it is in direct conflict of the requirements for DCF filing. We gathered the best documents we could and I am happy to say i got my VISA by courier today.

Note that The Fees for I-130 -> 355 USD = 17750 INR is seperate from the IV fee = 400 USD = 20000 INR. i.e the whole process costs you upwards of 50000 rupees including medical and other auxiliary expenses. This was a big confusion for me. Also, I thought it would have been best to gather the Birth Cert, Police and Passport Clearance Cert's much before Packet 4 gets to you.

I will monitor this thread over the weekend - so if you have any questions, please ask me.

thanks and good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to share my experience with DCF filing in India and obtaining the IV from Mumbai consulate.

thanks and good luck.

did your wife required to register with foreigh regisry office/

I-130 Visa Application

204 days to approve I-130

NVC

43 Days To approve appliation at NVC

Removign Condition from greencard

2011-09-25 ; Greencard Expire

2011-06-27 : application filed 91 days to go before Greencard expire

thanks and good luck.

did your wife required to register with foreigh regisry office/

The FRRO registration is not mandatory., although for DCF it helps to show a long term permanent residence VISA for India. She had a OCI card and that helped for the initial petition filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.