6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends

i m waiting for a reply on my 751 application .it has been lilover than 6 months . i know in my case it takes lil longer than joint filing . i was just wanted to share with you guys and ask u that within next two days i have an infopas appointment with IO in my local office in which i m going to ask him to give me a stemp on my psprt so i can be assure of my entery back in states if i travel out of states.

Also i am going to ask him about my I751 that wht is going on with that and how long more it looks like that it will take for a reply .

is there anything somebody would suggest me to ask IO .help will be much appreciated.

Did you not get the extension letter when you applied (commonly known as the NOA1)? That extends your green card for a year, and it sounds like you still have 6 months left on that. You take that with you when you travel.

If your case has been pending for over 6 months though, perhaps they can submit a formal inquiry for you via Infopass. But I wouldn't expect they'd give you the stamp if you have a valid extension letter.

SA4userbar.jpg

I had to make an Infopass too just to get the extension stamped on my passport. In my case, I never received the NOA (that also states the extension on your I-551) at all. The IO didn't ask anything. I just handed her my Infopass appointment, told her that never got the NOA after 30 days of filing and I needed the extension to travel around and renew my DL, handed my passport to her and she stamped the extension on it. It was a hassle-free process. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Did you not get the extension letter when you applied (commonly known as the NOA1)? That extends your green card for a year, and it sounds like you still have 6 months left on that. You take that with you when you travel.

If your case has been pending for over 6 months though, perhaps they can submit a formal inquiry for you via Infopass. But I wouldn't expect they'd give you the stamp if you have a valid extension letter.

thanx for replies friends .yes i did get NOA (my lawyer has that) . as i have new passport now i m thinking that my country of orgin would not allow me to board on plane when they see my xpired green card so my concern is that if they wont let me board wht would i do ? that's y i want to have a vaild stemp on my psprt.

Filed: Timeline
Hi friends

i m waiting for a reply on my 751 application .it has been lilover than 6 months . i know in my case it takes lil longer than joint filing . i was just wanted to share with you guys and ask u that within next two days i have an infopas appointment with IO in my local office in which i m going to ask him to give me a stemp on my psprt so i can be assure of my entery back in states if i travel out of states.

Also i am going to ask him about my I751 that wht is going on with that and how long more it looks like that it will take for a reply .

is there anything somebody would suggest me to ask IO .help will be much appreciated.

Your letter extension is valid one year from the expiry date on your green card. Going anytime before that for a stamp will be pointless. The officer can deny giving u the stamp as ur status is still intact. A 751 waiver can well take more than a year in some cases. The info pass will not tell you more about ur file than you already know. their most common answers are " pending and under review." You will get something in writting if there is an RFE or interview. IMO a lawyer inquiry is more effective than a layman INFOPASS. Most infopass officers do not know protocol and have generalized common answers for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Infopass officers can be very helpful in figuring out quite complex situations.

It is the 1-800 hotline which is normally useless.

Khushi,

most likely you will not get the stamp, but you lose nothing by trying.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.