Aiedail

What happens now?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am using a lawyer to file my husband's K3. Currently my lawyer has told me that the NVC has forwarded our petition to his country and that it should physically be there right now. I am a little iffy on the specifics of what happens at this point. I have not received a letter from the NVC yet (I should get that, not my lawyer right?) and as far as I *think* I know, once I get that I need to mail it to my husband so he can go for his police certificate? Do I need to send him a form also for his medical exam? I have tried finding this information by searching so if I sound stupid I apologize, I'm just having trouble understanding what needs to be done from this point on.

January 1st - Met Baljit

January 22nd - Baljit proposed

February 28th - Decided to go to India

March 19th - Received U.S. passport

April 2nd - Receieved Indian visa

April 25th - Arrived in Mumbai

May 2nd - Got married

May 14th - Went Honeymooning in Goa

May 24th - Flew back home

August 18th - Filed K-3 Petition

September 3rd - Received K-3 Receipt

September 14th - NOA1

September 21st - NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why didn't your lawyer advise you to file for the CR1 visa? It's a better visa, no adjustment of status step, no $1010 adjustment of status fee, green card after entry, ability to work after entry.

Check the VJ guides to see the flow chart for your situation. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Why didn't your lawyer advise you to file for the CR1 visa?

I don't know. After talking with her the first time she suggested the K3 and being completely clueless about the process we accepted that.

January 1st - Met Baljit

May 2nd - Got married

September 14th - NOA1

September 21st - NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I am using a lawyer to file my husband's K3. Currently my lawyer has told me that the NVC has forwarded our petition to his country and that it should physically be there right now. I am a little iffy on the specifics of what happens at this point. I have not received a letter from the NVC yet (I should get that, not my lawyer right?) and as far as I *think* I know, once I get that I need to mail it to my husband so he can go for his police certificate? Do I need to send him a form also for his medical exam? I have tried finding this information by searching so if I sound stupid I apologize, I'm just having trouble understanding what needs to be done from this point on.

I filed a K1, so I can only tell you my experience. After you've learned the NVC has forwarded your case to the Embassy in India, you will recieve a letter from them informing you of the Embassy they've sent it to and your newly assigned case number. This case number is important because you will need this to use in all your corespondences with the Embassy.

Do you know which one your case is being sent to? There are 3 U.S. Embassies in India, one in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. They each have a website with all kinds of very useful information. Just type in US Embassy Delhi, US Embassy Chennai or US Embassy Mumbai and it will show up in google. You'll see a tab at the top of the page that says 'Visa's', click on that and then to the left you'll see all kinds of info on the visa process. You'll also find links to their email addresses so that you can email them your inquiries.

You can even make an inquiry now if you want to see if they've received it yet, they will confirm it in their answer a yay or nay. This is what I did when I learned, like you, that my case had been forwarded to India.

Additionally, researching here on the VJ website is like going to the library in that it provides you with tons of information you'll need to keep you on the right track. Just click on 'GUIDES' at the top of any VJ page and you'll see what I mean.

Pretty soon you'll know as much as your attorney:)

Good luck to you on your journey! :)

Edited by k.loveh

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Timeline

I filed a K1, so I can only tell you my experience. After you've learned the NVC has forwarded your case to the Embassy in India, you will recieve a letter from them informing you of the Embassy they've sent it to and your newly assigned case number. This case number is important because you will need this to use in all your corespondences with the Embassy.

Do you know which one your case is being sent to? There are 3 U.S. Embassies in India, one in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. They each have a website with all kinds of very useful information. Just type in US Embassy Delhi, US Embassy Chennai or US Embassy Mumbai and it will show up in google. You'll see a tab at the top of the page that says 'Visa's', click on that and then to the left you'll see all kinds of info on the visa process. You'll also find links to their email addresses so that you can email them your inquiries.

You can even make an inquiry now if you want to see if they've received it yet, they will confirm it in their answer a yay or nay. This is what I did when I learned, like you, that my case had been forwarded to India.

Additionally, researching here on the VJ website is like going to the library in that it provides you with tons of information you'll need to keep you on the right track. Just click on 'GUIDES' at the top of any VJ page and you'll see what I mean.

I am going to be calling my lawyer tomorrow morning but I believe she told me that it was sent to New Delhi (which makes no sense as my husband lives in Mumbai). I have to confirm this with her because it makes it seem that if it has been sent there then he will need to travel there for his interview.

I have a question I hope you can answer; when going for the police certificate does he need the letter I will get from the NVC or can he just go and request it? And will he request it from the police station itself?

January 1st - Met Baljit

May 2nd - Got married

September 14th - NOA1

September 21st - NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am going to be calling my lawyer tomorrow morning but I believe she told me that it was sent to New Delhi (which makes no sense as my husband lives in Mumbai). I have to confirm this with her because it makes it seem that if it has been sent there then he will need to travel there for his interview.

I have a question I hope you can answer; when going for the police certificate does he need the letter I will get from the NVC or can he just go and request it? And will he request it from the police station itself?

No he does not...if they say he does, then they are just being a pain. My fiance has had to get his two times (one this year and the one last year) and didn't show anything, he just made the request and it was done.

If he lives in Mumbai, then they have definately made a mistake. Call the NVC and ask them yourself which Embassy they sent it too. Anything the Attorney can do, you can do. So call them and give them your receipt number and they will check, plus they should be able to give you your case number as well, then you can email Mumbai with your case number to see if they've gotten it yet.

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.