lgg

how DO people get by doing the A.O.S

228 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

obviously not... you are pretty worried about what you've done and the route you've chosen to take as you keep posting threads asking the same questions and looking for some sort of justification.

:)

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I've been biting my tongue here... I've come to understand the situation and I don't really have a strong opinion on your situation either way kittyfang. It is what it is. Here is what I don't understand... and forgive me for not being an "adult" and being "a child" and "not living in the real world" (:lol:) but in 2.5 years you are telling us there was no way you could gather up the funds to file AOS? I'm having a hard time understanding that. Its $1,000. No chump change, granted, but its not an insurmountable amount of money. There have been people on this board who took out loans to file, begged from family members, had their SO's work extra hours or take on extra jobs, sell things... There are lots of ways to gather up a grand. I guess what I'm trying to get is, did you really have absolutely no way of getting the money together to file, or were you not willing to make the sacrifices to do it? Or, even still, were you just so apathetic to your current situation you didn't really care to become legal? I just can't understand living somewhere with no status for that long... it couldn't have been easy. I guess what I'm wondering really, is why?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
obviously not... you are pretty worried about what you've done and the route you've chosen to take as you keep posting threads asking the same questions and looking for some sort of justification.

Aww, to read between the lines, stuff that isn't there...

Hey, now is the time where you hens all gloat, because I have to go away for a minute. So, I don't know, say something about how you "drove me off with your sharp as a dull knife wit" (L)

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to spit out all those words you crammed in mouth...

No one ever said I don't care about breaking the law. I said, I don't care if people approve of it or not. My moral compass is doing very well. Thank you :)

You can spin it anyway you like - the result is the same. I did not cram words in your mouth, I stated how I saw what you had written. I think I was pretty clear, but apparently not.

That you may (again, not putting words in your mouth, just reading what you wrote) have a concience about what you did - well that's nice I suppose.

You are smug and that won't get you very far on this board. You appear to be one of those people that likes to come on to a message board and just raise the ire of other people, perhaps that's how you get your jollies, I don't know.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I've been biting my tongue here... I've come to understand the situation and I don't really have a strong opinion on your situation either way kittyfang. It is what it is. Here is what I don't understand... and forgive me for not being an "adult" and being "a child" and "not living in the real world" (:lol:) but in 2.5 years you are telling us there was no way you could gather up the funds to file AOS? I'm having a hard time understanding that. Its $1,000. No chump change, granted, but its not an insurmountable amount of money. There have been people on this board who took out loans to file, begged from family members, had their SO's work extra hours or take on extra jobs, sell things... There are lots of ways to gather up a grand. I guess what I'm trying to get is, did you really have absolutely no way of getting the money together to file, or were you not willing to make the sacrifices to do it? Or, even still, were you just so apathetic to your current situation you didn't really care to become legal? I just can't understand living somewhere with no status for that long... it couldn't have been easy. I guess what I'm wondering really, is why?

Nope, couldn't get money together. See, we don't all make 50k a year. I didn't marry for money, I married for love.

And with that, I'm really off now. Feel free to point and laugh. :dance:

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to spit out all those words you crammed in mouth...

No one ever said I don't care about breaking the law. I said, I don't care if people approve of it or not. My moral compass is doing very well. Thank you :)

You can spin it anyway you like - the result is the same. I did not cram words in your mouth, I stated how I saw what you had written. I think I was pretty clear, but apparently not.

That you may (again, not putting words in your mouth, just reading what you wrote) have a concience about what you did - well that's nice I suppose.

You are smug and that won't get you very far on this board. You appear to be one of those people that likes to come on to a message board and just raise the ire of other people, perhaps that's how you get your jollies, I don't know.

One last thing, I coudn't resit. Yup, I'm smug, I know enough about bullies to know let them get to me. :star:

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Timeline

I don't make $50k a year... in fact I make $0k a year. My husband doesn't make $50k a year either. I filed my AOS on time.

I was just trying to understand. Its hard to help when you don't understand. But good luck with that.

Timeline

Nope, couldn't get money together. See, we don't all make 50k a year. I didn't marry for money, I married for love.

One last thing, I coudn't resit. Yup, I'm smug, I know enough about bullies to know let them get to me. :star:

Uh...I dont make 50k either, in fact I'm currently jobless. My fiance also doesn't make 50k. Yet we both (individually) have enough to pay for the AOS...and my car payments, and his, and our rent, and insurance...and many many other things. So this arguement doesn't fly with me. You keep coming on here to get everyone all ticked off and congrats, its working. How about you just shut up about your 2.5 years overstay and actually file the damn AOS instead of keeping on trying to spin it in a way that makes you think any of us with have sympathy for you not being able to work. 2.5 years is a long time to not have done the right thing at any point. As I've said before, I'm pretty young and nieve but I still figured there might be something I had to do and looked into it and am doing it the legal way (on much less than 50k/yr tyvm) so you and your arguement can go pound salt. I could care less if you AOS'd after you married, tons of people have, but I seriously don't know how you could not afford to file at any point (even putting $100 a month away would have made you able to file AOS in 10 months)

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Yep wasn't my intention to start this in another thread, just went back and read some of the originals.

I'm really surprised that an overstay wouldn't have any bearing on filing for AOS. When the Consulate was grilling my wife during our CR-1 interview that's all she talked about and even refused to look at the documents we had to show that she was never here illegally. That seems like a HUGE loophole that I'm surprised was never buttoned-up. What's the point of limitations on the length of time a visitor can stay if those deadlines aren't punished if ignored? With all the insanely stupid and fiery hoops we all have to jump through I can't believe this exists, just in awe.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

I think she's going to be punished for it, they're going to question her about it. It's an overstay... a 2.5 year overstay.

She's merely looking to us to tell her that it's going to be okay because she knows deep down that what she did isn't okay.

She's coming on and doing this at a time where the wait for an interview in Montreal is incredibly long and she's doing it with such a snarky attitude.

I swear she's a troll. Someone is bored and decided to give the Canadian forum it's own troll.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

You realize that if you had filed in a timely fashion you would've been able to earn way more than $1010 over the last two years, right? And then you wouldn't be in this situation. So if you had borrowed $1010 (or whatever the AOS fee was 2 1/2 years ago... I think it was actually less expensive back then), you could've paid it back rather quickly. Not trying to be rude, but I don't understand your logic. I also don't understand why you can't seem to grasp the fact that actions have consequences. Your actions are what put you in this situation. Not anybody else's. I suggest you accept and deal with the consequences, whatever they may be. I also recommend dropping the "I broke the law and I'm proud of myself for it! Na na na boo boo!!" attitude that you have been displaying to people on here. It's not very endearing.

02/13/09 -

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Timeline
I think she's going to be punished for it, they're going to question her about it. It's an overstay... a 2.5 year overstay.

She's merely looking to us to tell her that it's going to be okay because she knows deep down that what she did isn't okay.

She's coming on and doing this at a time where the wait for an interview in Montreal is incredibly long and she's doing it with such a snarky attitude.

I swear she's a troll. Someone is bored and decided to give the Canadian forum it's own troll.

And thats the biggest point shes missing in all the posts that were made. None of us can definately say that it won't be an issue. Just because it wasn't for some, doesn't mean it won't be for her, especially if she knew at some point that she needed to file and couldn't due to money. USCIS doesn't care if you had the money or not, they care that you knew and didn't do anything about it. Some of the people who have had overstays were for a much shorter period, but its up to the adjucator on whether they penalize you for this action or not. We can't tell you it will be fine because you broke a law, and they may or may not be leniant, but going on and on and on about it isnt going to change the fact we don't know and think its dumb that you knew and didn't get ###### together faster. Even I know how to save a few bucks a month to pay for something.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If she's a troll, then that's some dedication to keep up the facade. All thos background posts and threads. LoL.

I have no crystal ball and have no idea as to the future, but I do think that she will have to account for the 2.5 years and a simple explanation of "we didn't have the money" or "we got married on a whim" isn't going ot suffice. That interview I imagine is going to be brutal.

Timeline

I am not going to point and laugh at you. Believe me, no one is pointing and laughing at you. However, I am in awe at your attitude about the entire process.

You claimed in another thread that you live in the real world... well all signs would point to NO on that one because you seem to think that it takes a lot of money to file for AOS.

The whole: "I didn't know, I didn't have the money" just doesn't fly for me. Especially when you come from Canada.

Wait, are you a Newfie??

KIDDING EVERYONE IT WAS A JOKE! :P I love the East Coast! Just wanted to throw a little light back home humour in there. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

god, it's not about anything else at this point except that you're rude and belligerent and expect us to kowtow to the fact that you're using a very transparent facade of, Oh poor wittle me, I didn't know... please tell me it'll be okay. OH and you super :star: -- you married for love. What'd you think we all married here for? Money? The titillating prospect of buying super sized cans of beans and Costco? Geepers...

That paired with the smug is grotesque really.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.